Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What's right with California?

Pre-Historic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Great... Y'all need to fix those damn roads. It is pure hell driving on those when I have to come and visit!
    Why in hell would you visit California when you have Texas?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Why in hell would you visit California when you have Texas?
    Work... My employer is in California but I get to enjoy living in Texas. I am all for California raising all their taxes to create a better experience for me when I do have to visit.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

If I were you all I would look into getting one of those hydrogen-fueled cars. Apparently they have filling stations in the valley, the state gives $5,000 tax credits on them, and you could just brew that stuff in your backyard. Not to mention that stuff is fun to put into balloons and to set on fire...

Oh, the humanity!
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Pre-Historic Man

Work... My employer is in California but I get to enjoy living in Texas. I am all for California raising all their taxes to create a better experience for me when I do have to visit.
    I would vote for California to double, triple or quadruple its taxes on everything. I think it's wonderful Californians pay exorbitant taxes. Keep at boys and girls. I feel for you that you have a California employer. That truly sucks.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    I would vote for California to double, triple or quadruple its taxes on everything. I think it's wonderful Californians pay exorbitant taxes. Keep at boys and girls. I feel for you that you have a California employer. That truly sucks.
    It's not so bad... I get paid California wages but pay Texas state income taxes.

I just wish that California would hurry up and get single payer health insurance going. There are lots of sick folks that need a place to go and Canada won't take them.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Pre-Historic Man

It's not so bad... I get paid California wages but pay Texas state income taxes.

I just wish that California would hurry up and get single payer health insurance going. There are lots of sick folks that need a place to go and Canada won't take them.
    If we could get California and Vermont to have single payer systems, that is a wonderful idea. I see your point, getting paid California wages but California may find a way to ultimately stick it to employers who employ out of state employees.

heh...you guys are funny.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Illegals in California with Driver's Licenses Eligible to Vote After April 1

Starting on April 1, 2018, illegal aliens in California who have recently obtained state driver's licenses legally, or obtained them previously by lying about their immigration status, will automatically be registered to vote. Since January 2015, according to the California DMV, A.B. 60, a law passed by the California Assembly, "allows illegal immigrants to the United States to apply for a California driver's license with the CA Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)" [emphasis original]. As of December 2016, more than 800,000 California driver's licenses were issued to illegal aliens under the A.B. 60 law. Additional thousands of illegals may have been granted licenses prior to 2015 because they lied on their driver's license application forms and claimed they were in the country legally. (No proof of legal residence has been required by the California DMV in recent years.)
    [...]
    http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...r_april_1.html

God bless California... Illegal immigrates now have a sanctuary where they go and they may now even get to vote!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I have a California employer. The pays not at California levels, but heaven help you if you want to fire a poorly performing employee.

California dems are finally kicking Feinstein off the bus... no room for moderates!

California Democrats Decline To Endorse Another Term For Sen. Dianne Feinstein

Before U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein could finish her speech at the California Democratic Party convention Saturday, the music began playing to indicate she had used her allotted time.

She kept talking. The music got louder. "I guess my time is up," Feinstein conceded as what sounded like a 1940s movie score continued playing.

Without missing a beat, supporters of her opponent, state Sen. Kevin de León echoed her statement in a chant: "Your time is up! Your time is up!" — a not-so-subtle reference to Feinstein's 25 years in the U.S. Senate.
    [...]
    https://www.npr.org/2018/02/25/58866...anne-feinstein

GwYsa0c8ssKg3QkSf9KiJFqJat_3yhembRG6mBiP6Z4.jpg
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

California dems are finally kicking Feinstein off the bus... no room for moderates!

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/25/58866...anne-feinstein

GwYsa0c8ssKg3QkSf9KiJFqJat_3yhembRG6mBiP6Z4.jpg
    That’s funny and sad. Funny that it’s happening to the Dems. Sad that they are basically doing the same thing as the repubs, which is moving away from the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    That’s funny and sad. Funny that it’s happening to the Dems. Sad that they are basically doing the same thing as the repubs, which is moving away from the center.
    Whoa. Hang on. Wait a minute!

They are dumping her because she is too moderate?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

They are dumping her because she is too moderate?
    Are you kidding me?... Feinstein looks alt-right by California standards.

I am hoping they will get Jennifer Lawrence, who has announced she is going to take some time off to "fix our democracy", to run for her seat. She is a middle school dropout but claims to be 'self educated'. She seems like the prefect candidate for the Cali dems and would represent the millennials there well.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Legalized recreational marijuana is something that is right about California.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Are you kidding me?... Feinstein looks alt-right by California standards.

I am hoping they will get Jennifer Lawrence, who has announced she is going to take some time off to "fix our democracy", to run for her seat. She is a middle school dropout but claims to be 'self educated'. She seems like the prefect candidate for the Cali dems and would represent the millennials there well.
    Not eligible until 2020, but would be entertaining.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    So I had never been to a dispensary before, but I went to one the other day because it is now legal here and I am curious. It pretty much destroyed the stereotype I was expecting. I expecting was tattoos, nose rings, dreadlocks, eyes barely open and stoner drawls, from both customers and what they term "budtenders". While there was a small subsection of clientele that fit the stereotype, the overwhelming majority of the patrons were business professionals, soccer moms, and retirees. I remember looking around and thinking to myself that there isn't a single "stoner" in the group. Then an early 20s guy and his girlfriend came in the lobby and they checked off the expected stereotype.

The "budtenders" reflected their clientele. I was helped by a 40 something soccermom named Karen. I don't smoke and don't really want to start so i was interesting in edible options. Karen told me about several products that she routinely uses and I wound up settling on a package of chocolate covered espresso beans that have a 5mg dose of THC per bean. I don't know how often i will partake but my experience was overwhelmingly positive and not at all what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    So I had never been to a dispensary before, but I went to one the other day because it is now legal here and I am curious. It pretty much destroyed the stereotype I was expecting. I expecting was tattoos, nose rings, dreadlocks, eyes barely open and stoner drawls, from both customers and what they term "budtenders". While there was a small subsection of clientele that fit the stereotype, the overwhelming majority of the patrons were business professionals, soccer moms, and retirees. I remember looking around and thinking to myself that there isn't a single "stoner" in the group. Then an early 20s guy and his girlfriend came in the lobby and they checked off the expected stereotype.

The "budtenders" reflected their clientele. I was helped by a 40 something soccermom named Karen. I don't smoke and don't really want to start so i was interesting in edible options. Karen told me about several products that she routinely uses and I wound up settling on a package of chocolate covered espresso beans that have a 5mg dose of THC per bean. I don't know how often i will partake but my experience was overwhelmingly positive and not at all what I expected.
    The stoner stereotype is dying these days. With the legalization of marijuana, it is becoming suburban professionals that are the main clientele for legalized dispensaries. I was talking to a friend of mine that I knew from my days in Oregon. She was mentioning going to a mom group. The conversation among the mothers in that group ended up being about favorite strains and what they were growing. My LDS mom friend said she didn't really have anything to add to that discussion.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

The stoner stereotype is dying these days. With the legalization of marijuana, it is becoming suburban professionals that are the main clientele for legalized dispensaries. I was talking to a friend of mine that I knew from my days in Oregon. She was mentioning going to a mom group. The conversation among the mothers in that group ended up being about favorite strains and what they were growing. My LDS mom friend said she didn't really have anything to add to that discussion.
    This same mommy group probably swaps essential oils. Dummies.

This same mommy group probably swaps essential oils. Dummies.
    I didn't know that essential oils were a big deal among marijuana smoking mothers. I guess that is some good common ground for Mormon mommies and MJ mommies.
    --SeattleUte

I didn't know that essential oils were a big deal among marijuana smoking mothers. I guess that is some good common ground for Mormon mommies and MJ mommies.
    Try to keep up, funk.

https://cannador.com/articles/single...ls-to-cannabis

https://www.thekindland.com/women/8-...tter-high-2451

That's awesome... Utah needs to legal weed soon otherwise doTerra may move its HQ to California so they can start selling MJ favored essential oils to the hippy moms.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

That's awesome... Utah needs to legal weed soon otherwise doTerra may move its HQ to California so they can start selling MJ favored essential oils to the hippy moms.
    Multi-level marketing for weed. Holy cow, can you imagine?

umm that is actually not a bad idea. Easier and less intimidating to buy cannabis products from a friend...hard to get the license to sell though...at least for now.

I've looked into opening a weed store for my son to run... it would be right up his alley... but it's a dang tough business and a vast majority fail.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    I've looked into opening a weed store for my son to run... it would be right up his alley... but it's a dang tough business and a vast majority fail.
    Maybe you should run the multilevel "essential weeds" idea by him... He could recruit return missionaries to get in on the "ground level" by selling the essential weeds door-to-door in the summer starting with the members in your ward.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Maybe you should run the multilevel "essential weeds" idea by him... He could recruit return missionaries to get in on the "ground level" by selling the essential weeds door-to-door in the summer starting with the members in your ward.
    Essential weeds.

"essential weeds"
    Aside from that being one of the funniest things you have ever said on here, it's also fairly genius, and someone will do it someday. I'm sure will have stuff like these.

Sativ-Ahh

ThisHill's

BoxElder

Weedzz
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Aside from that being one of the funniest things you have ever said on here, it's also fairly genius, and someone will do it someday. I'm sure will have stuff like these.

Sativ-Ahh

ThisHill's

BoxElder

Weedzz
    Yeah, I can see all kinds of complementary products you can sell with the Essential Weeds as well... like some products from the "Out of Africa Primitive Art" store.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

They are dumping (Feinstien) because she is too moderate?
    Hmmmmmmm . . .
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."