No announcement yet.

Lance Armstrong is a dope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The five American cyclists who testified against Lance Armstrong have all been formally banned for six months after confessing to using performance enhancing drugs, USA Cycling said on Thursday.

Tom Danielson, George Hincapie, Levi Leipheimer, Christian Vande Velde and David Zabriskie all agreed to serve six-month suspensions as part of a plea bargain to provide sworn testimony to the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).
    I'm sure these five are pretty broken up about not being able to race until April. Paris-Nice is the only race during this time that would really matter to them and Hincapie is done anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      I'm sure these five are pretty broken up about not being able to race until April. Paris-Nice is the only race during this time that would really matter to them and Hincapie is done anyway.
      amazing. wonder why they testified?

Comment

• Originally posted by Levin View Post
        Pelagius wins the thread.

Why would the USADA go after Armstrong? The same reason the feds went after Al Capone. You go after the biggest, baddest, and most belligerent of the liars, cheats, and criminals within your jurisdiction. It would be a massive deriliction of duty if the USADA failed to go after Armstrong.

Or a less apt example, it's the same reason border agents go after illegal aliens. It's because it's their job, and we've entrusted them to do it for the sake of protecting civil society.

And if you think going after cheaters isn't protecting civil society, you don't realize what you have.
        No. I said in this thread that lying and cheating is wrong before Palagius or you did. Sorry, you guys don't have the franchise on hating liars and cheaters.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          No. I said in this thread that lying and cheating is wrong before Palagius or you did. Sorry, you guys don't have the franchise on hating liars and cheaters.
          You are way behind the curve. I was calling out lance Armstrong back on cougar guard, often to great detriment as several of the cycling fanatics wanted to tear me to pieces. I feel vindicated tonight.
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            You are way behind the curve. I was calling out lance Armstrong back on cougar guard, often to great detriment as several of the cycling fanatics wanted to tear me to pieces. I feel vindicated tonight.
            Then you take the thread. It's yours and I bow to you. It did take courage to call out Lance on the CG cycle forum (that forum was a sacred cow lol).

Why would Levin want to cheat you out of this recognition?
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• It was the 2001 Alpe d'Huez stage that sealed it to me that Lance was probably heavily medicating. I figured he was still likely the best man on a bike but as a once skinny, sub-50 minute Sundance Hill climber, watching Lance accelerate on that hill (that was simply superhuman) and thus it cemented in my mind that he was likely cheating.

I think they were all a bunch of cheaters and probably still are.

Comment

• http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor...ys.html?page=4

Nice article in Outside.

Comment

That was a good read, thanks.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling/...ance-armstrong

Nike drops Armstrong. I hope his bike shop does well because that may be his last source of income.

Comment

• I hope he fails period. It bugs me his entire persona was a lie, and he presented it as him being demonized, and he made millions off of it. And, after all that, it was a real negative to be critical of him, because he beat cancer. So then they'd play it like you were bugging this guy that had overcome all this.

I hate cheating in sports.
                      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling/...ance-armstrong

Nike drops Armstrong. I hope his bike shop does well because that may be his last source of income.
                        You mean except for the interest off of the tens of millions he's earned in his career and has stocked away?

Comment

• I remember one year on the TDF they were doing a very steep course and there was a group of top cyclists hanging with LA. After a while, he turned and looked at everyone, gave them a smirk, and then shot off and left them in the dust. I thought it was one of the most badass things I had seen at the time. Not so impressive in hindsight.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            I remember one year on the TDF they were doing a very steep course and there was a group of top cyclists hanging with LA. After a while, he turned and looked at everyone, gave them a smirk, and then shot off and left them in the dust. I thought it was one of the most badass things I had seen at the time. Not so impressive in hindsight.
                            I agree...and disagree.

It still might be kind of badass if you consider that the group he left in the dust was probably using too. They just might not have been as good at it as LA.

Reading that article, and knowing everyone else who's been busted over the last few years, I'm convinced that essentially everyone on the tour was using. PED's were seen as just one more piece of equipment and/or training device. In that respect, LA won.

But in all honesty - I'm ready for all of this to just go away now.

Comment

• There's no way to quantify the using. Some guys bodies respond way better to it than others.

I have always thought it incredulous that LA wasn't using, but was out there destroying guys who used for 7 straight years in the TDF.
                              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• This has ruined the movie Dodgeball for me. Not as much as OJ ruined Naked Gun, but close.

Comment

Working...
                                X