No announcement yet.

Lance Armstrong is a dope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hincapies leaked grand jury testimony should seal the deal for just about anyone, shouldn't it? I suppose the leak could have been a complete fabrication, but history shows that such leaks are a technique Novitsky used frequently to gain public support. Is it unethical? I think so. But I can't recall any of his leaks turning out to be false, can any of you?

I remember seeing Hincapie interviewed briefly on the day the leak was broadcast by CBS News. He didn't say that the leak was false, only that he didn't want to drag his sport through the mud, and that the sport had come a long way since then. In later interviews he simply said "I never said a word to CBS News." That was the truth, but of course nobody claimed he had. It was his way to show that the story contained an unethical leak and to sound like he was denying the leak, something he's never done to my knowledge.

I think you have to believe that leak was a total fabrication to believe that Lance was clean. Hincapie and Armstrong are as close as brothers and the only way Hincapie would give up the truth on Lance like that would be under threat of prosecution, a technique for which Novitsky is well known in his PED hunts. I think Novitsky is a slimeball, but unfortunately I think his methods have yielded the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
      As a die-hard SF Giants fan who listened endlessly to the world piling on Barry Bonds, who had never failed a blood test, but was surely guilty because he had a big head, it's strange to hear now that everyone wants to give Lance Armstrong a free pass. I'm not saying it's a cancer thing or a racial thing, but if Lance Armstrong had two nuts and was black, nobody would be willing to let this slide.
      I want to clear my name of your heinous accusation. Here is an old CG thread in which creekster and archibald get really offended because I knew even then that Lance was doping.

Also, as a side note, this thread is a classic example of how vicious creekster used to be when he did not get his way. he has mellowed, I will give you that, but I think I was one of the few brave enough to disagree with him back in the day.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20989
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        As a die-hard SF Giants fan who listened endlessly to the world piling on Barry Bonds, who had never failed a blood test, but was surely guilty because he had a big head, it's strange to hear now that everyone wants to give Lance Armstrong a free pass. I'm not saying it's a cancer thing or a racial thing, but if Lance Armstrong had two nuts and was black, nobody would be willing to let this slide.
        It takes no nuts and being black to be reviled as much as Bonds.
        Last edited by Donuthole; 06-15-2012, 01:33 PM.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          I want to clear my name of your heinous accusation. Here is an old CG thread in which creekster and archibald get really offended because I knew even then that Lance was doping.

Also, as a side note, this thread is a classic example of how vicious creekster used to be when he did not get his way. he has mellowed, I will give you that, but I think I was one of the few brave enough to disagree with him back in the day.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20989
          Huh. Creekster types better when he's angry. Go figure.
          "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
          "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
          "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Say it aint so, Lance.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

lol.

Lance is a doper. Shocker.

sigpic

Comment

[youtube]gWBTNPTAJTc[/youtube]

he gets a free pass from me.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by camleish View Post
                  [youtube]gWBTNPTAJTc[/youtube]

he gets a free pass from me.
                  Seriously? He was absolutely ruthless in keeping people quiet about his doping, threatening to ruin careers if they didn't comply.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    Seriously? He was absolutely ruthless in keeping people quiet about his doping, threatening to ruin careers if they didn't comply.
                    that's a different issue than the doping itself. but i agree that the cover up is wrong.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Creekster owes me an apology.

sigpic

Comment

Can someone explain what this means for me please? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
                          Can someone explain what this means for me please? Thanks.
                          I've wondered the same thing in pretty much every political thread this year.

sigpic

Comment

lol Creekster has been defending Lance? Creekster is ever the loyal dog, however lost the cause.
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              lol Creekster has been defending Lance? Creekster is ever the loyal dog, however lost the cause.
                              It was a thread from fours years ago. And creekster didn't really defend Lance other than to say that he thought there was less than a 90% chance that Lance doped. Creekster didn't even really engage much about Armstrong's doping.

Comment

Really? What on earth for? Point out why and if I do owe it you will get one. But I read through that thread on cougar guard and didn't see a thing I would change (except maybe tone here and there). So, just like in 2008 in that thread, point out what you think I said that merits an apology and, if you are right, I will give you one.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X