Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    I agree...and disagree.

It still might be kind of badass if you consider that the group he left in the dust was probably using too. They just might not have been as good at it as LA.

Reading that article, and knowing everyone else who's been busted over the last few years, I'm convinced that essentially everyone on the tour was using. PED's were seen as just one more piece of equipment and/or training device. In that respect, LA won.

But in all honesty - I'm ready for all of this to just go away now.
    Ha. No, the fact that they were likely all using doesn't make it a cool memory.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Our cancer center uses Livestrong material when educating patients. It is a good resource, and I doubt the hospital would stop using it alltogether. But I wonder if his laudable work with cancer will take a hit because of the shadiness of the rest of his persona.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        Our cancer center uses Livestrong material when educating patients. It is a good resource, and I doubt the hospital would stop using it alltogether. But I wonder if his laudable work with cancer will take a hit because of the shadiness of the rest of his persona.

He has stepped down from LiveStrong too. Hard to separate the two, but they seem to be trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
          He has stepped down from LiveStrong too. Hard to separate the two, but they seem to be trying.
          Yeah, I know. But with so many good online resources, the cancer team may not feel a lot of loyalty to what used to be his baby.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
            I hope he fails period. It bugs me his entire persona was a lie, and he presented it as him being demonized, and he made millions off of it. And, after all that, it was a real negative to be critical of him, because he beat cancer. So then they'd play it like you were bugging this guy that had overcome all this.

I hate cheating in sports.
            I could tell you some stories about that, definitely. There were some here that viciously protected Lance on other message boards and fought tooth and nail against the notion that he was a doper even though some of us knew the truth and sought to expose it. Unsurprisingly, the ringleader of this secret combination is not participating in this thread as of late and remains conspicuously silent as Lance's throne of lies crumbles from within.

Now we know why Lance didn't need an energy bar from Dan Patrick.

[YOUTUBE]ZmzeKNiMkAs[/YOUTUBE]
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• What am I on? I'm on my bike 6 hours a day, and EPO and some blood transfusions, maybe a little roids. What are you on?

[YOUTUBE]fxnqHvEbGnc[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• I'm struck by both his arrogance and his desire to win. It's takes real balls, or ball in his case, to believe that a person could pull this off. The commercials, the press conferences, interviews, books and all the rest backing up a lie. Also how bad must a cancer survivor want to win to juice up their system. I really wanted to believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  I could tell you some stories about that, definitely. There were some here that viciously protected Lance on other message boards and fought tooth and nail against the notion that he was a doper even though some of us knew the truth and sought to expose it. Unsurprisingly, the ringleader of this secret combination is not participating in this thread as of late and remains conspicuously silent as Lance's throne of lies crumbles from within.
                  Yeah, where is Creekster? He must be injecting himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levin View Post
                    Yeah, where is Creekster? He must be injecting himself.
                    Recently Creekster said, "We can handle this. Most of us have been preparing ourselves mentally for this." lol (I'm paraphrasing.) It was like, "I know JS was a polyandrist, but I can deal with it and stay Mormon."
                    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                      I'm struck by both his arrogance and his desire to win. It's takes real balls, or ball in his case, to believe that a person could pull this off. The commercials, the press conferences, interviews, books and all the rest backing up a lie. Also how bad must a cancer survivor want to win to juice up their system. I really wanted to believe.

I should have just listened to one of my colleagues in residency, when we did a presentation on doping. After he finished, he was asked the question, "Do you think LA doped?". He said of course. This was in 2002-3. I thought it pretty arrogant of him to say so, and like you, I really wanted to believe.
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• I called it years ago on CB.

Comment

• I've thought he was for years as well. And I've had to defend myself every time anyone talks about it, because people tend to get quite indignant about it. I just told them to wait and it would eventually come out.
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Ha. No, the fact that they were likely all using doesn't make it a cool memory.
                            Sorry - maybe I phrased it wrong.

The fact that they were all using doesn't make it a cool memory. The fact that they were all using does mean that it was still pretty impressive for him to pull away from them all like that.

Comment

• The earliest post of mine that I can find accusing Lance of doping was April 2008. I really should have started earlier.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                                I'm struck by both his arrogance and his desire to win.
                                Narcissist doesn't begin to describe it. It's hard to believe LiveStrong can survive this.

Comment

Working...
                                X