No announcement yet.

Cycling Miscellany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelado, If I may be so bold in a former life I used to be a shoe guy at a technical running store. Go to a running shoe store and get fit for a pair of Brooks Beast. They are made for big guys with flat feet. Start out walking.

Do you have a bike ? You are correct its a great low impact workout. Good luck.

30 minute run tonight.
    Last edited by OceanBlue; 08-04-2014, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
      Pelado, If I may be so bold in a former life I used to be a shoe guy at a technical running store. Go to a running shoe store and get fit for a pair of Brooks Beast. They are made for big guys with flat feet. Start out walking.

30 minute run tonight.
      Thanks I'll have to check those out.

And yes I have a bike.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

30 minute run tonight.
        So I just got back from the ride you ordered. It was on a mountain - ish bike pulling a cart so I could do my honey - do errands during the ride. I tried to keep it in as low a gear as possible to minimize the impact on my muscles and joints, but fast enough to maintain my balance. I went 2.1 miles in 33 minutes with a 13 foot change in elevation (with a couple stops for seat height adjustment - someone else has been using my bike).

My foot doesn't necessarily feel any better than before the ride, but it doesn't feel any worse, either. As heavy as I am, the S Health app is calculating a 300+ calorie burn.

My 9-year-old accompanied me on his bike. I need to pick up some better lighting for both our bikes if we're going to be doing this at dusk.
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 20 miler today. Really humid but cloudy.

Pelado, be safe and good luck !

Comment

20 miler today. Really humid but cloudy.

Pelado, be safe and good luck !
            Thanks.
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 4 miles in a little over 50 minutes. 35 foot elevation change. Estimated 502 calories burned. Not pulling a cart this time.
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 20 miler 90 plus and sunny. Took my wife out for her first 20 miler. Her neck ached and the seat bothered her. Eleven minutes slower then when I ride. Might ride with her after my regular ride.

Comment

• A mile each way to and from basketball this morning (with chain issues forcing a couple stops) and another 2.1 miles tonight.
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 20 miles with clouds and under 90 which I love. Time for some Mexican food !!

Comment

• 20 miles. Felt strong today. No back pain.

Comment

• 20 miles. Only 120 for the week. Love the cloudy days like today as it makes for easy riding.

Comment

• Little over 8 miles today, half of which was towing a cart with my daughters in it (ages 6 and 5).
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• So I just added it up and realized I've done over 20 miles this week.

One of the things that has kept me riding each day, strangely enough, is the stiffness and subsequent pain in my foot. Riding loosens up my foot without pain, allowing me to do whatever else I want - like playing basketball.

Now I'm just upset I didn't get on my bike with a sore foot before.
                            Last edited by Pelado; 08-09-2014, 10:10 PM.
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Pelado, good job !! I found biking helped me with leg pains. Try to add a little mileage every week while listening to your body.

Comment

• 20 miles this afternoon. Pretty hot and sunny. I drove 2.5 hours before my ride and it really slows me down. Need to ride early.

Comment

Working...
                                X