No announcement yet.

Cycling Miscellany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• falafel, a bowl of beans,rice and chicken is a common meal, also crab cake with sliced tomato from the garden. Fresh fish or shrimp. All our seafood is right off the boat this time of year. For a snack my wife has fresh fruit cut up. This time of year it's really easy to eat fresh and healthy on the coast. I have one main meal in late afternoon and a protein shake after my morning ride,fresh fruit around seven pm and I'm good.

Comment

• 31.75 miles. My regular 20 then 11.75 with my wife. She is going to be a good riding partner when she gets it down.

30 minute run tonight.
      Last edited by OceanBlue; 07-30-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• These small cameras make for some great video in the peloton.

Comment

• That was crazy, dudes pushing each other. I can't believe there are not more crashes. What was all the yelling about?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            That was crazy, dudes pushing each other. I can't believe there are not more crashes. What was all the yelling about?
            The teams are trying to get their lead outs organized. You'll get 7 or 8 teams that feel they had a shot at winning and only room for about three or four teams at the front so it's chaos trying to get there.

Comment

• That was very cool and scary to watch. Very crazy in there.

Comment

• Very cool video.
                Busy morning and an early start on the road for work so I rode tonight. 30 miles for a nice hard ride. Will skip the run tonight. 100 for the week with two more days of riding to go. Might hit 160 for the week. Will be back on the bike in 12 hours.

Comment

• Did my regular twenty miler today that started in a drizzle and ended in pouring rain. It was sort of a first in I had my first fall. Going down the only hill on my route at a decent pace when I went to take a right the wheels slipped and I went down. My right wrist and base of my hand hurt but nothing else. I laid there till I stopped seeing stars then carried on. The worst thing about it is yesterday my wife told me I take corners too fast and I laughed it off.

Comment

• 20 miler. 140 for the week. Should have done more but I think I busted up my cassette on my fall. Every time I go up a hill now it skips gears.

Comment

• 20 miler. My LBS fixed my derailer from my crash. Hope it's back to normal tomorrow. Hate shifting gears and having it skip.

Rain today. So I was going to skip and I'm driving to the gym for a run. I started getting this really bad feeling because I've biked everyday during these last 9 weeks except Sundays which is my day off. I thought about my dedication as a runner when I regularly qualified for Boston before my injury. I used to run in any weather I thought. I knew what I had to do, I turned the car around, came home got my bike and did my 20. It was a really strong ride in lots of water but that's ok. I got my ride in. Starting my tenth week of riding I've got the fever. Not as fast as I hope to be but I love going as hard as I can during my ride especially the last four where I push really hard. Ha ! Rain all you want but I'm riding !!
                      Last edited by OceanBlue; 08-04-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
                        20 miler. My LBS fixed my derailer from my crash. Hope it's back to normal tomorrow. Hate shifting gears and having it skip. Nice ride in the rain !
                        How long ago did you start your daily rides? How long did it take to work up to daily 20 milers?
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Pelado, this is the start of my tenth week. I started at 16-20 a week. Twenty was my long bike now it's my daily. Twenty isn't hard it just takes time as I drive to my starting point.

Comment

Pelado, this is the start of my tenth week. I started at 16-20 a week. Twenty was my long bike now it's my daily. Twenty isn't hard it just takes time as I drive to my starting point.
                            You may have started in a lot better shape than I'd be starting from. But I need to start doing something lower impact since every time I try basketball or running or whatever I end up incapacitated for a while (stupid flat feet and gout) - and that doesn't help me in the end.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I've got a bad Achilles and I went from marathoner to a 210 pound couch potato. Every time I ran I'd drop a few pounds and then my Achilles or some leg injury would occur. We played touch rugby once a week and I was the old guy with a bowling ball gut. I was lifting and trying to run when a buddy from my ward convinced me to bike with him one day. My legs felt so much better right away as they were were always in pain but biking does something where they feel great after riding. My gentle suggestion, bike !! Don't worry about how far or how fast. Make yourself bike daily for like 45 minutes to start. It will help your conditioning. Start there and track when you do it. Post on here or somewhere. Best of luck !!

Comment

I've got a bad Achilles and I went from marathoner to a 210 pound couch potato. Every time I ran I'd drop a few pounds and then my Achilles or some leg injury would occur. We played touch rugby once a week and I was the old guy with a bowling ball gut. I was lifting and trying to run when a buddy from my ward convinced me to bike with him one day. My legs felt so much better right away as they were were always in pain but biking does something where they feel great after riding. My gentle suggestion, bike !! Don't worry about how far or how fast. Make yourself bike daily for like 45 minutes to start. It will help your conditioning. Start there and track when you do it. Post on here or somewhere. Best of luck !!
                                Your starting point is my end goal.
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X