No announcement yet.

Cycling Miscellany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lower back gets a little stiff but that's it. 18 miles tonight in a rushed ride. It's much easier on me when I ride early but sometimes life gets in the way.

Comment

• 19.86 miles. Hot and windy. Tired.

Comment

• It's amazing how much more quickly I improve in cycling when getting back into shape, compared to running or swimming. It seems that I can ride farther and faster each ride, but with running and swimming the improvements come much more slowly.

Comment

• 18.6 miles at 16 mph.

Chrisrenut, Its funny you say that because I feel after my fourth week of riding I should be faster.

Comment

• A day of firsts. First time using clipless pedals and bibs. First 20 mile ride. Windy and hilly, but I enjoyed it.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• It bugs me when I see kids or newb cyclists riding with their helmets worn way back on their heads so that their foreheads are entirely exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                It bugs me when I see kids or newb cyclists riding with their helmets worn way back on their heads so that their foreheads are entirely exposed.
                Natural selection.
                sigpic
                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Hammered 20 miles with my Saturday riding buddy. Awesome !!

Comment

• Our daughter in Colorado and her husband are training to do the Triple Bypass in a couple of weeks, a slightly easier type of Markleeville Death Ride. On their ride this morning, they were working their way up High Grade Road near Denver when they came upon a woman cyclist looking panicked as she stood by the guard rail that separates the road from a very steep drop. She said she had just witnessed a solo, descending cyclist lose control and flip over the rail, still clipped into his bike. He had plummeted about 300 yards and could be heard moaning, but couldn't be seen in the scrub oak below.

My son-in-law called 911 and over an hour later the rescue squad was able to retrieve the guy. Miraculously, he's expected to survive with only a broken femur. He is an experienced cyclist who simply hit some gravel and lost control. Another cautionary tale for all of us.

Comment

• Wow. That is a crazy story. He is lucky to have escaped with only a broken femur, as awful as even that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                        Wow. That is a crazy story. He is lucky to have escaped with only a broken femur, as awful as even that is.
                        He's really lucky someone witnessed him go over. As much as I ride solo, that's what my nightmares are made of.
                        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• 117 miles this week. I keep telling myself to do one forty miler and that will bump mileage up but I'm happy with my progress after one month. Trying to build a decent base then see where to go from there.

Comment

• 19.86 today. Today was not that hot out and I felt strong.

Comment

• 21 miles today and felt strong. In many ways I'm liking biking more then running which I loved until injuries made it miserable.

Comment

• I thought that the effect of clipless pedals would be marginal. I just shaved 1/3 of my time off my last 15 mile ride (although the last time I had a 20 mph headwind fpor 1/2 my ride that completely gassed me).
                                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Working...
                                X