Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 601 to 613 of 613

Thread: Cycling Miscellany

  1. #601
    Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Davis County, UT
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    They were saying at one point it reached 28% which I believe because they were really struggling to get up it.
    Anytime a discussion of climbing grades come up, it makes me think of this blog. Funny stuff.

    http://www.fatcyclist.com/2012/08/01...imbing-grades/

  2. #602
    it's all a blur mtnbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
    They were saying at one point it reached 28% which I believe because they were really struggling to get up it.
    Yeah, I was sure I heard that, too, but I looked at the UCI website, and it said 11.5%, which may have been for the overall final climb. I put the more conservative number. Tom Dumoulin was snaking back and forth across the road at that point, trying to catch the three leaders, so it had to be really steep.
    Last edited by mtnbiker; 10-01-2018 at 02:30 PM.

  3. #603
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,975

    Default

    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  4. #604
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,980

    Default

    That video is eerily similar to my experience two years ago. Wish I knew what caused a total endo.

  5. #605
    One man.....one pie Moliere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Republic of Tejas
    Posts
    20,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    That video is eerily similar to my experience two years ago. Wish I knew what caused a total endo.
    The guy right behind him looks to have evade his own disaster.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

  6. #606
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    That video is eerily similar to my experience two years ago. Wish I knew what caused a total endo.
    You can see the debris in the video lifts into his drive train rear triangle area. My guess is that the debris wedged against his rear wheel causing it (and the bike with it) to stop instantly but the rider's momentum carried him over the bars. Not pretty.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  7. #607
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    You can see the debris in the video lifts into his drive train rear triangle area. My guess is that the debris wedged against his rear wheel causing it (and the bike with it) to stop instantly but the rider's momentum carried him over the bars. Not pretty.
    Yeah, that is scary to watch. Was PAC referring to his own endo?

  8. #608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Yeah, that is scary to watch. Was PAC referring to his own endo?
    yes
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  9. #609
    Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    11,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    Yeah, that is scary to watch. Was PAC referring to his own endo?
    Yes, and I/we didn't see a stick or anything else that caused my mishap. I kind of wish it had been Mrs. PAC doing a Team Cinzano on my bike with her bike pump, but she rides with CO2, so the mystery endures.

  10. #610
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Yes, and I/we didn't see a stick or anything else that caused my mishap. I kind of wish it had been Mrs. PAC doing a Team Cinzano on my bike with her bike pump, but she rides with CO2, so the mystery endures.
    Ha, I thought about referring to Breaking Away but glad you did.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  11. #611
    Senior Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Davis County
    Posts
    6,200

    Default

    It wasn't until I watched it for the 3rd time that I saw how high the dude's bike flew up behind him as a result of his endo flip.

    Holy Cow!

  12. #612
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    21,626

    Default

    Floyd Landis to start a racing team using whistle blower reward money from Armstrong’s settlement payment. Hard to believe.

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/floyd-l...oss-1538650800
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  13. #613
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Floyd Landis to start a racing team using whistle blower reward money from Armstrong’s settlement payment. Hard to believe.

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/floyd-l...oss-1538650800
    That is really cool.

    I just read a novel set in the Tour. We Begin Our Ascent. For those hear that like cycling I recommend it. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...gin-our-ascent

    “You’re a beast”, I said. “You’re a monster”.
    “What?”
    “Riding like that after a week of training camp”.
    “Oh”.
    “ I love it”, he said. “ I love all of it”.
    “I like the smell of grease”
    “That’s not it”, he said...
    “I like feeling strong in a race”....
    “The sense that you have more strength than others”...
    “No, he said. “That’s not it. The thing itself”.
    “The riding”.
    “You love riding? I said. “Every minute of if? All of it?”
    “There is only all of it”.
    “I’m good at it, I said, “I like parts of it”.
    “I love all of it”, he said

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •