Cycling Miscellany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    My kids ride Walmart shit. They'll continue to get Walmart shit as long as they continue to leave their bikes outside overnight, leave them where the sprinklers will get them wet, forget to lock them up when they ride to school, and leave them lying in the garage where they have the potential to get backed over by our cars.
    Well hey, at least you can get Schwinn shit from Walmart...
    Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
    - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
    - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      My kids ride Walmart shit. They'll continue to get Walmart shit as long as they continue to leave their bikes outside overnight, leave them where the sprinklers will get them wet, forget to lock them up when they ride to school, and leave them lying in the garage where they have the potential to get backed over by our cars.
      Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I just got burned by the last two bikes I bought at Walmart for my kids. They both were poorly put together.
      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
      -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

The latest Danny MacAskill video... It's very clever in that it takes place, not in the usual exotic locale, but rather within the mind of a young Danny, apparently. Very well done, as usual. Loved the bit on the Twister game spinner.

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
          Just dropped a wad on a Trek mountain bike for my 11-year-old. Ugh! Are we crazy to get a kid a nice bike? I was tired of buying him Walmart shit. What kind of wheels do your kids ride?
          No, youre not crazy. You will need to teach him to take care of his buike, but that should be part of the deal anyway, IMO. Walmart bikes (and simialr) are never a good value. Ever. PLus, they are often put together incorrectly and suffer from high incidences of failed brakes, derailleurs, etc. When my oldest was about 9 or 10 we popped for a very expensive trek bike. It lasted through all three of my kids until it was too small and then we donated it elsewhere. I am certain that a walmart special would not have enbdured. Like Indiana Jones at the knights of the templar sanctuary, you choose wisely.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            The latest Danny MacAskill video... It's very clever in that it takes place, not in the usual exotic locale, but rather within the mind of a young Danny, apparently. Very well done, as usual. Loved the bit on the Twister game spinner.
            It is pretty amazing what he can do. I liked the outtakes, that show how really difficult it is, even though he makes it look almost effortless.

Do you think his mom worried (or still worries) about when he'd ever grow up and try to get a real job instead of messing around on a bike?

Comment

found the next jersey I want to get: http://www.all4cycling.com/shop/tiro...-pm-44319.html Dead sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                found the next jersey I want to get: http://www.all4cycling.com/shop/tiro...-pm-44319.html Dead sexy!
                Oom pa pa baby!
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

This one is good too:http://milltag.cc/shop/collaborations/dope

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                    That may be the ugliest jersey I've ever seen but also very cool is a European dorky way.

Comment

This was fun to watch.

Last edited by Moliere; 07-07-2013, 05:17 PM.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        This was fun to watch.

Crazy.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/larry.peterson.1253

This guy is 69 and had a time of 9:35 this year at Lotoja. Last year he rides over 12,000 miles despite battling prostrate cancer and a broken collarbone. It shows he grew up in Rexburg but I don't know him. Crazy stuff.

Comment

The missus doesn't know it yet, but she's going to be getting a Specialized Amira for her birthday. I ordered it on Tuesday, and it will be here either tomorrow or Wednesday. This in turn means that I get my Tarmac back.

CUF Ride 2014 anybody?
                            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
                              The missus doesn't know it yet, but she's going to be getting a Specialized Amira for her birthday. I ordered it on Tuesday, and it will be here either tomorrow or Wednesday. This in turn means that I get my Tarmac back.

CUF Ride 2014 anybody?
                              Sweet!!! We were just talking off-line the other day about the possibility of a ride around Bear Lake, maybe around the end of July. It's never too early to start planning.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                                Sweet!!! We were just talking off-line the other day about the possibility of a ride around Bear Lake, maybe around the end of July. It's never too early to start planning.
                                Totally would be in. We are going up to Montana around that time anyway; why not just head through and spend a few days cycling with friends?
                                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X