Cycling Miscellany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    They were saying at one point it reached 28% which I believe because they were really struggling to get up it.
    Anytime a discussion of climbing grades come up, it makes me think of this blog. Funny stuff.

http://www.fatcyclist.com/2012/08/01...imbing-grades/

Comment

They were saying at one point it reached 28% which I believe because they were really struggling to get up it.
      Yeah, I was sure I heard that, too, but I looked at the UCI website, and it said 11.5%, which may have been for the overall final climb. I put the more conservative number. Tom Dumoulin was snaking back and forth across the road at that point, trying to catch the three leaders, so it had to be really steep.
      Last edited by mtnbiker; 10-01-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• That video is eerily similar to my experience two years ago. Wish I knew what caused a total endo.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            That video is eerily similar to my experience two years ago. Wish I knew what caused a total endo.
            The guy right behind him looks to have evade his own disaster.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

That video is eerily similar to my experience two years ago. Wish I knew what caused a total endo.
              You can see the debris in the video lifts into his drive train rear triangle area. My guess is that the debris wedged against his rear wheel causing it (and the bike with it) to stop instantly but the rider's momentum carried him over the bars. Not pretty.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                You can see the debris in the video lifts into his drive train rear triangle area. My guess is that the debris wedged against his rear wheel causing it (and the bike with it) to stop instantly but the rider's momentum carried him over the bars. Not pretty.
                Yeah, that is scary to watch. Was PAC referring to his own endo?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  yes
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                    Yes, and I/we didn't see a stick or anything else that caused my mishap. I kind of wish it had been Mrs. PAC doing a Team Cinzano on my bike with her bike pump, but she rides with CO2, so the mystery endures.

Comment

Yes, and I/we didn't see a stick or anything else that caused my mishap. I kind of wish it had been Mrs. PAC doing a Team Cinzano on my bike with her bike pump, but she rides with CO2, so the mystery endures.
                      Ha, I thought about referring to Breaking Away but glad you did.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• It wasn't until I watched it for the 3rd time that I saw how high the dude's bike flew up behind him as a result of his endo flip.

Holy Cow!

Comment

• Floyd Landis to start a racing team using whistle blower reward money from Armstrong’s settlement payment. Hard to believe.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/floyd-l...oss-1538650800
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            Floyd Landis to start a racing team using whistle blower reward money from Armstrong’s settlement payment. Hard to believe.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/floyd-l...oss-1538650800
                            That is really cool.

I just read a novel set in the Tour. We Begin Our Ascent. For those hear that like cycling I recommend it. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...gin-our-ascent

“You’re a beast”, I said. “You’re a monster”.
                            “What?”
                            “Riding like that after a week of training camp”.
                            “Oh”.
                            “ I love it”, he said. “ I love all of it”.
                            “I like the smell of grease”
                            “That’s not it”, he said...
                            “I like feeling strong in a race”....
                            “The sense that you have more strength than others”...
                            “No, he said. “That’s not it. The thing itself”.
                            “The riding”.
                            “You love riding? I said. “Every minute of if? All of it?”
                            “There is only all of it”.
                            “I’m good at it, I said, “I like parts of it”.
                            “I love all of it”, he said

Comment

• https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ss-in-seattle/

Interesting article on Rebecca Twigg who is now homeless and living in Seattle. When I first started riding she was the up and coming female star in the U.S., very cute and fast on a bike. I was a fan.

Comment

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ss-in-seattle/

Interesting article on Rebecca Twigg who is now homeless and living in Seattle. When I first started riding she was the up and coming female star in the U.S., very cute and fast on a bike. I was a fan.
                                Thats a really good article. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X