No announcement yet.

Cycling Miscellany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you other cyclist pay much attention to your heart rates ? Do any of you use heart rate monitors ?
    PAC, I may check that movie out tonight.
    Mtn, good luck in your search for a new bike.

Comment

• Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
      Do you other cyclist pay much attention to your heart rates ? Do any of you use heart rate monitors ?
      Admittedly I'm just a duffer, but I've been thinking about getting one. I'm interested to see how hard I'm working objectively. I think for a newbie like me, it would be helpful.

Comment

Do you other cyclist pay much attention to your heart rates ? Do any of you use heart rate monitors ?
        Yes, I pay attention to it more than anything else, but that is probably a carry over from running where heart rate is a big thing to watch.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
          I just noticed that Netflix has a 2012 French film available for view, Bicycling with Moliere. Not sure if this is our Moliere with a GoPro, or someone else.
          Either way it sounds like an amazing movie
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Yes, I pay attention to it more than anything else, but that is probably a carry over from running where heart rate is a big thing to watch.
            I do too, on my road bike anyway. To convert from running, I read somewhere that you should subtract 10, which seems about right for effort on the different zones.
            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• I was very involved in running for a period of time doing 9 marathons and countless other races and I never worried about HR. This morning my resting HR was 62. I thought it would be lower given my riding for eleven weeks but maybe it will go down as I drop more weight ?

Comment

• 20 miler after morning appointments. On the way back I got into a duel with another rider. I try to catch anyone in front of me and not let anyone behind me catch me. I used to do this when I ran and it really adds flavor to workouts. It took me three miles to catch this guy, he stayed kind of close for two-three and I dropped him on the flats for the final four.
                70 minutes. I know it's slow for most of you but I can't tell you how much I get a kick out of racing another rider. Great way to start week 12.
                Last edited by OceanBlue; 08-18-2014, 09:21 AM.

Comment

20 miler after morning appointments. On the way back I got into a duel with another rider. I try to catch anyone in front of me and not let anyone behind me catch me. I used to do this when I ran and it really adds flavor to workouts. It took me three miles to catch this guy, he stayed kind of close for two-three and I dropped him on the flats for the final four.
                  70 minutes. I know it's slow for most of you but I can't tell you how much I get a kick out of racing another rider. Great way to start week 12.
                  Did he know you were racing?
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• That goes without saying. Have you stopped riding ?

Comment

That goes without saying. Have you stopped riding ?
                      Not stopped, but this last week has been harder to get out due to some medical issues in the household. Saturday I did 7.4 miles pulling a cart with one of my daughters.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 20 miler. One day soon I will ride further but I'm big on good daily habits and it's working.

Edit. Took my wife out for an evening ride on her new road bike and did 16.75 miles.
                        Very nice evening ride.
                        Last edited by OceanBlue; 08-19-2014, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• 4 miles last night pulling 1 daughter.
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 20 miler. Humid. Crosswind today. Track workout tonight. 6x800. Crab cakes after running.

Comment

• 4.5 miles. No pulling. Since I wasn't pulling anyone/thing, my 9-year-old had a lot of trouble keeping up, so I didn't go nearly as far as I wanted before nightfall.
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

20 miler. One day soon I will ride further but I'm big on good daily habits and it's working.

Edit. Took my wife out for an evening ride on her new road bike and did 16.75 miles.
                                Very nice evening ride.
                                Good job with the consistent riding, OB and P. OB, how is your wife liking the new sport and new bike?

Comment

Working...
                                X