• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phil...nal-happiness/

Robert Miller is now Philippa York.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go1iV7bZbZs

Went and saw "Le Ride" yesterday. The guy from The Amazing Race and his buddy rode the 1928 tour route on bikes from that era. If the current riders were to watch this they would never complain about the current set up.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go1iV7bZbZs

Went and saw "Le Ride" yesterday. The guy from The Amazing Race and his buddy rode the 1928 tour route on bikes from that era. If the current riders were to watch this they would never complain about the current set up.
        That looks awesome. Although, calling it a recreation is a little misleading since I didn’t see one clip of them smoking cigarettes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• I'm back on the bike! Well, sort of. The missus gave me a very nice indoor trainer that's bluetooth-enabled. With the Zwift software program I'm able to ride various routes around the world, and do so with others in real time. It provides a surprisingly realistic experience--riding up hills requires an appropriate amount of increased effort. It provides lots of data, including speed, watts, etc. It'll never beat outdoors, but it's a nice substitute.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            I'm back on the bike! Well, sort of. The missus gave me a very nice indoor trainer that's bluetooth-enabled. With the Zwift software program I'm able to ride various routes around the world, and do so with others in real time. It provides a surprisingly realistic experience--riding up hills requires an appropriate amount of increased effort. It provides lots of data, including speed, watts, etc. It'll never beat outdoors, but it's a nice substitute.
            YES!!! Those zwift programs look awesome. I've got a couple of friends that upload every ride to strava. I must say, I get a little touch of jealousy every time I see them going for a ride in France or Italy.

Comment

I'm back on the bike! Well, sort of. The missus gave me a very nice indoor trainer that's bluetooth-enabled. With the Zwift software program I'm able to ride various routes around the world, and do so with others in real time. It provides a surprisingly realistic experience--riding up hills requires an appropriate amount of increased effort. It provides lots of data, including speed, watts, etc. It'll never beat outdoors, but it's a nice substitute.
              Swift is pretty slick. If you don't mind my asking, what trainer did you get?
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• I used swift back when it was in beta. It kind of doesn’t make sense though since there are so few days in Houston that I can’t ride outside. But I have a bunch of people from Utah I follow on Strava that use it a lot in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  Swift is pretty slick. If you don't mind my asking, what trainer did you get?
                  The Wahoo Kickr Snap. Mrs PAC consulted with our son-in-law who help manage a bike shop for several years and knows his stuff. I wasn’t that excited at first, but once I got used to the idea of returning to the saddle, and after doing a two-mile test ride after setting everything up, I’m pretty pumped. My Strava buddies will be surprised to see some posted runs from London and other international locales starting as early as Friday.

Comment

The Wahoo Kickr Snap. Mrs PAC consulted with our son-in-law who help manage a bike shop for several years and knows his stuff. I wasn’t that excited at first, but once I got used to the idea of returning to the saddle, and after doing a two-mile test ride after setting everything up, I’m pretty pumped. My Strava buddies will be surprised to see some posted runs from London and other international locales starting as early as Friday.
                    That sounds great. I have a couple of friends with the Kickr (direct drive version), and they really like it. I'll be interested to hear how things go for you. Glad to see you back in the saddle.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      That sounds great. I have a couple of friends with the Kickr (direct drive version), and they really like it. I'll be interested to hear how things go for you. Glad to see you back in the saddle.
                      What are its advantages? Snap is $600 and Kickr is 1200. That's a lot more than standard trainers.
                      Last edited by Topper; 12-28-2017, 07:52 AM.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Feeling especially sentimental this weekend surrounding the high school graduation of my oldest, I went through about 15 years of pictures the other day and relieved old memories for about 5 hours.

In the process I came across pictures from our 3 CUF/CS organized rides that we've done. Man, those were some fun weekends! From the empty heavenly highway around the east shore of Lake Tahoe, to our hidden supply stash during our ride around Mount Bachelor, to standing atop the old Donner summit, overlooking Donner Lake, we had some really good times.

Comment

• I have followed Alberto Contador on social media for a number of years. It has been sort of amusing watching him transition to retirement. There he was today, on his insty account, with a flat tire on the side of the road. Unlike years past, however, he was not wearing a sponsor's kit, nor was there a team car rushing forward to supply a new wheel or a new bike. Instead, it was just Contador and his riding partner, on the side of the road, rear wheel off, seat post blinky flashing, and cars flying by, sometimes too close for comfort. Just like the rest of us. Apart from the palmares, of course.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Good honk, I just saw the devil (Didi Senft) on the rebroadcast of today's UCI World Championships. It was near the top of the final climb, which had a ridiculously steep 11.5% grade. Didi was following the 4 leaders, and Paul Sherwin and Christian Vande Velde said it must be steep if Didi could keep up with them. I haven't seen Didi in a couple of years, and wondered if he had retired. Evidently not.

Crazy that Valverde won the race at age 38.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                              Good honk, I just saw the devil (Didi Senft) on the rebroadcast of today's UCI World Championships. It was near the top of the final climb, which had a ridiculously steep 11.5% grade. Didi was following the 4 leaders, and Paul Sherwin and Christian Vande Velde said it must be steep if Didi could keep up with them. I haven't seen Didi in a couple of years, and wondered if he had retired. Evidently not.

Didi was at the tour this year. I think he did knock off for a few years but he has been around the last year or two.

LOts of buzz on-line that there is no way he would have beaten those guys who are younger unless he was, once again, doping. It does seem hard to believe.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                                Good honk, I just saw the devil (Didi Senft) on the rebroadcast of today's UCI World Championships. It was near the top of the final climb, which had a ridiculously steep 11.5% grade. Didi was following the 4 leaders, and Paul Sherwin and Christian Vande Velde said it must be steep if Didi could keep up with them. I haven't seen Didi in a couple of years, and wondered if he had retired. Evidently not.

They were saying at one point it reached 28% which I believe because they were really struggling to get up it.

Comment

Working...
                                X