Boy Scouts reviewing Ban on Gays ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    So, the same guy who once scrambled his password and left, and now goes on a mean streak every few months is scolding me about the difference between taking and giving offense. I'm assuming that your inner dialogue is a millpond after reading this post then, through the power of Matthew 5--and valproate--of course.
    Ha! Who better than a self-absorbed dick to point out that you're being a complete putz?! You're welcome by the way.

(Also, I'm mean all the time... or try to be at least.)

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I went to church in Costa Rica. While I was gone, a member of the stake presidency came and told my ward the following (my wife, very upset, messaged me):

X implied in his talk today that if your political views differed from the church you couldn't answer the temple recommend question about affiliating with groups contrary to the church.

I approached him for clarification. He took 10,000 words to basically say what she said in a sentence.
    OMG. Doubling down on the anecdotes I see. I'm sure you have an endless reservoir... the envy of anyone with only a millpond from which to draw.

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    So, we're done. I no longer have the gumption to try and work for change from within. Yall have fun.
    Contrary to opinions expressed here... the Church won't miss you. And the members in your congregation have probably grown weary of your thinly veiled self-serving act and won't miss you either.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Contrary to opinions expressed here... the Church won't miss you. And the members in your congregation have probably grown weary of your thinly veiled self-serving act and won't miss you either.
      Man, do you have a burr in your late-90s Benz bucket seat? You've countered his anecdotes with the only rhetorical device that carries less weight: assumptions.

We've all gone toe-to-toe with Wuap before, but being mean spirited during times of faith transition is well below you.
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        Contrary to opinions expressed here... the Church won't miss you. And the members in your congregation have probably grown weary of your thinly veiled self-serving act and won't miss you either.
        OMG you are so mean!

Comment

• Wuap are you going to start cheering for Utah Utes now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
            Wuap, I wish i shared a ward with you. I am sorry you have such conservative leaders than rub you the wrong way. I am sure the ward is losing more than you are. I hope you find your way back someday, because of the good influence you would have on the youth.
            I'm already working with youth, and having a good influence on them, just not at church.

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
            This makes me sad. I get it, but it saddens me just the same.
            Don't be sad over me. It's wasted energy.

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

You're probably right.

Man, do you have a burr in your late-90s Benz bucket seat? You've countered his anecdotes with the only rhetorical device that carries less weight: assumptions.

We've all gone toe-to-toe with Wuap before, but being mean spirited during times of faith transition is well below you.
            I grew up in a house with bipolar people. I'm good.

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Wuap are you going to start cheering for Utah Utes now?
            I have standards, you son-of-a-bitch.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I like Waup... I understand from where he comes. On some level he knows I'm right about multiple dimensions and that he's playing out a scene in this one, and playing out another scene in another. In the eternities he'll stand in the circle with us as we pray.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I have standards, you son-of-a-bitch.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  Someone backed into my 3 and I've been driving an effing Kia Optima for the last 10 days. Driving a Kia would fray anyone's nerves to the point of a nervous breakdown, so thank you for your support during this difficult time. I'll pass around a collection plate later.

Presumptions, not assumptions. wuap is leveraging some anecdotes (some that are 30+ years old ffs) for sympathy. I'm tired of his whiny woe-is-me put-upon act and I PRESUME his fellow ward members are too. If wuap gonna sift himself out, then get busy and sift yourself out.

Depends on persepective. I'm just holding the door open for him to make it easier for him to exit (not necessarily pushing him out the door). Some people call that polite, even gallant. He's welcome by the way.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

[/FONT][/COLOR]I approached him for clarification. He took 10,000 words to basically say what she said in a sentence. So, we're done. I no longer have the gumption to try and work for change from within. Yall have fun.
                    Why not just say 'OK - agree to disagree?' I have had people say things to me at church that were basically pro-Trump anti-immigrant bullshit wrapped up in a halo of sanctimony and it made me want to monkey punch them in the throat. Then I remembered that I'm supposed to be the good guy and that they are probably really struggling intellectually/spiritually to say something in Christ's church so anti-Christian. As for the guy who talked about political views of the Church when the Church has no official political views? Confused at best; I wonder if Christ would be so muddled in his speech and direction. Doubt it. I guess we just remember we all have our strengths, and when you have the intellectual/spiritual advantage over a person called to lead, it's difficult to do anything but ignore them or walk away. Best wishes.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• now there'll be no one at church dressed like this:

Comment

[/FONT][/COLOR]I approached him for clarification. He took 10,000 words to basically say what she said in a sentence. So, we're done. I no longer have the gumption to try and work for change from within. Yall have fun.
                        If your reason for staying is trying to work for change from within, you are making the right call ditching the church. The changes in church culture will either be based on monetary or political pressure, it isn't coming from members of the church trying to make a different. You aren't going to make a difference on a top down structure that way, especially with the way the top is so set in their ways.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Let me get this straight -- Funk and Wuap leave the church because they keep on running into assholes every Sunday?

You don't say.
                          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            Let me get this straight -- Funk and Wuap leave the church because they keep on running into assholes every Sunday?

You don't say.
                            lol. Wuap is mad that someone took 10,000 words to say what could have been sent in a sentence.

Comment

• Everyone here is landing in the Tel. K for running Wuap out of the Church. You guys are screwed! I can hardly think of a worse transgression, other than the one that qualifies yoiu for OD. I don’t know how you can redeem this kind of thing.
                              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                Let me get this straight -- Funk and Wuap leave the church because they keep on running into assholes every Sunday?

You don't say.
                                Running into assholes every Sunday wasn't the reason that I left the church.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X