• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy Scouts reviewing Ban on Gays ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1575694.html

This could get interesting.

Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
    LDS moms no longer responsible for their sons' eagle projects. Win-win.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
      Duty to God has been the Plan B for this inevitable eventuality.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Not sure it will be as much of an issue this time around.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Could this cause the church to sever it's ties with the Boy Scouts? Please.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
            It sounded like they at considering allowing individual counsels to lift the ban. Would that cause the church to bail?

Comment

Yes, but let's just get on with it already. I'm sick to death of having to give lip service to both while semi-neglecting both at the same time (there truly isn't enough time in YM to dedicate to doing both properly, IMO).
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

this could be all a ploy to help reduce snickering at meetings where someone is receiving a Silver Beaver.

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  But the BSA loses 30% of their national Friends of Scouting dough.
                  “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                  ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                  -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    Yes, but let's just get on with it already. I'm sick to death of having to give lip service to both while semi-neglecting both at the same time (there truly isn't enough time in YM to dedicate to doing both properly, IMO).
                    Amen to this.
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      Could this cause the church to sever it's ties with the Boy Scouts? Please.
                      Oh God please!
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Amen to this.
                        It really is a problem. Mormons were already half-a$$ed Scouters anyway, and the new emphasis on DTG only made that worse. (I am not being critical about this, just stating a well-known fact. I wish we would just do one or the other well, or do them in some reasonable proportion.)
                        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Maybe my son will get to do scouting after all. If they get rid of their lame gay ban, then he could do it. Of course, that might have the church drop it, just so that we could have more inanity to deal with.

Comment

If they'd only allow atheists then I could get involved again with a clear conscience.
                            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                            - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

I wonder why it is an issue for Mo scouts at all? What percentage of Mo scout troops/varsity units are headed by someone in the ward that is called by the Bishop? In other words, no OUT gay man will be heading up a Mo troop anytime soon.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X