X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Hahahahaha.

Funk, you are a funny man.
    The irony is that boys and girls will likely be treated more the same under the church's new youth program than they ever were before, and probably more so than would have been the case under the new BSA.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
      The irony is that boys and girls will likely be treated more the same under the church's new youth program than they ever were before, and probably more so than would have been the case under the new BSA.
      You think so? What in the Church's history in program design leads you to that conclusion?

Comment

• been saying for years the church needed to drop scouting and home teaching. and within a period of 2 months, bingo! yeah, president nelson and I are on similar spiritual planes.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          been saying for years the church needed to drop scouting and home teaching. and within a period of 2 months, bingo! yeah, president nelson and I are on similar spiritual planes.
          Now how about a two hour block?
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Best email I’ve received from the Church.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
              Now, both the YM and YW will get together on Wednesday nights to do crafts and talk about getting married in the temple... awesome.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Now, both the YM and YW will get together on Wednesday nights to do crafts and talk about getting married in the temple... awesome.
                It's a great day for the Enemies of the Friends of Scouting.
                "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                  You think so? What in the Church's history in program design leads you to that conclusion?
                  From the Web site:

"This new approach is intended to help all girls and boys, young women and young men discover their eternal identity, build character and resilience, develop life skills, and fulfill their divine roles as daughters and sons of God."

As well, one of the best talks of this past conference was from Sis. Oscarson.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                    been saying for years the church needed to drop scouting and home teaching. and within a period of 2 months, bingo! yeah, president nelson and I are on similar spiritual planes.
                    Attaboy Nostradamus! You and just about everyone else.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Boom! Totally ditching scout committee meeting henceforth!
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
                        Huzzah!
                        "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Deck chairs on the Titanic

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
                            those were awful days.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                              Deck chairs on the Titanic
                              Clockwork.
                              A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post
                                Deck chairs on the Titanic
                                Scouts BSA will be fine.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X