Boy Scouts reviewing Ban on Gays ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    So which Scouts do we blame? I bet it's the French Scouts (pronounced "scoots').
    You blame the Girl Scouts, duh.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
      You blame the Girl Scouts, duh.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
        I spent two years going to church in South Carolina, and I can say with some degree of certainty that it has some of the most batshit crazy members I've ever seen. I used to think it was just because I was outside the Mo Corridor, but after 15 years of traveling the country and attending different churches I've never seen crazy like South Carolina Mormon crazy. I thought when I returned 20 years after my mission that it would be different - nope. It's a special breed of sanctimony that comes from membership in the only true church AND the only true state (think Confederate flag at the capitol). They're certainly not all this way, and not even mostly this way; it's more of a few bad apples type of thing. Still, I have no doubt that wuap has endless stories and they're all true.

With all that said, wuap is one of the most kind-hearted people I've ever met. As I've said about others, he may not need the church to help him be a good person, but the church members are certainly better off with his participation. Wuap, I wish you could just shrug things off, compadre, but regardless, I wish you the best.
        Thanks for that, cowboy. I feel the same way about you. You remain the best person I've met from CUF, though ParrotHead was pretty close.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          Thanks for that, cowboy. I feel the same way about you. You remain the best person I've met from CUF, though ParrotHead was pretty close.
          Hey come on. A lot of us can't stand people from South Carolina!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/us/gi...ntl/index.html
            We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• First, the Boy Scouts are pushed to open the door for girls and everyone... now they are being sued for it. Can't win.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Boy Scouts of America Considers Bankruptcy Filing Amid Sex-Abuse Lawsuits
                Nonprofit has hired law firm Sidley Austin for assistance in a possible chapter 11 bankruptcy filing

The Boy Scouts of America is considering filing for bankruptcy protection as it faces dwindling membership and escalating legal costs related to lawsuits over how it handled allegations of sex abuse.

Leaders of the Boy Scouts, one of the country’s largest youth organizations, have hired law firm Sidley Austin LLP for assistance with a possible chapter 11 bankruptcy filing, according to people familiar with the matter.
                [...]
                https://www.wsj.com/articles/boy-sco...ts-11544649657
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• My son is doing his Eagle project this Saturday. Just in time!
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                  You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Get woke, go broke.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                    X