Boy Scouts reviewing Ban on Gays ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post

I've had parents come in for interviews. Had a couple of brand new 12 year-olds who wanted their first temple recommend and were nervous because they didn't know what to expect. When I asked the law of chastity question, they responded with "what does that mean?" At that point I had them agree to have a conversation with their parents about it when we were done, and moved on. Parents were a little wide eyed - but I think I did them a favor by helping to initiate the conversation.
    Good job counselor, you definitely did them all a favor.
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      The church (via Elder Christofferson) has explicitly said that you can be pro-gay marriage and still hold a temple recommend.

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.ph...74&itype=CMSID
      The idea that a TR holder has to not only believe and uphold an LDS standard himself but favor legal enforcement/compulsion of said LDS standard on all citizens cracks me up. Come on people!

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
        Yeah. I think Wuap would love my ward in Scottsdale. I have had zero experiences or conversations like the ones he always talks about; for example, we always do a joint w the Lutheran Church.
        Sounds pretty chill
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          Sounds pretty chill
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Wuap are you going to start cheering for Utah Utes now?
            Does wuap like sports?

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
              Does wuap like sports?
              You won’t even talk to Wuap or ask him a direct question because he’s not Mormon anymore. Harsh. But I respect it.

Comment

• Wuap. Applejack wants me to ask you if you even like sports. Also, do you even lift bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Wuap. Applejack wants me to ask you if you even like sports. Also, do you even lift bro?
                  Keep talking to yourself, weirdo. Wuap no longer posts on this august site and hasn't for over a page now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                    What was announced was that they will be announcing a program in 7 months. The program was announced and it treated girls the same as boys. That is not an approach the LDS church is willing to support in any way. It was sent as a message. It is not a coincidence that the LDS church jumped out the day after it was announced that the programs would be parallel programs. I'm sure if the BSA came out with a program for girls that was focused on motherhood they would have been all in.
                    It’s hilarious that you think the Church decided to get out of scouting and made an announcement all within 24 hours. This has been in the works for years. If anything, the announcement by “Scouts BSA” is more likely to have been a reaction to the Church’s decision. They are more in need of a boost in membership than ever before.

Comment

• Originally posted by UVACoug View Post
                      It’s hilarious that you think the Church decided to get out of scouting and made an announcement all within 24 hours. This has been in the works for years. If anything, the announcement by “Scouts BSA” is more likely to have been a reaction to the Church’s decision. They are more in need of a boost in membership than ever before.
                      What’s truly hilarious is the lack of self-examination evident in ironic statements here (like this one) describing Scouts BSA’s problems.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                        Good job counselor, you definitely did them all a favor.
                        Or he could have just said, "you're good", and leave it at that.
                        "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• BE PREPARED!

Condoms must now be made available to 'all participants' at the Boy Scouts global gathering as girls are permitted to join the organization

• Rules require host of World Scout Jamboree to provide condoms during event
                          • Condom policy must be communicated to all 'participants, unit leaders, staff'
                          • The next Jamboree will be held in the mountains of West Virginia in July 2019
                          • Will be hosted by Boy Scouts, Scouts Canada, Asociación de Scouts de México

The Boy Scouts will ensure that condoms will be made 'readily and easily accessible' at its global gathering this summer, it has been revealed.
                          Rules now require that the host organization of the World Scout Jamboree provide condoms at a 'number of locations' for staff and participants during the event.
                          Leaders of the participating organizations must also communicate the policy to their 'participants, unit leaders, and contingent staff', the mandate requires.
                          The 24th World Scout Jamboree will be held in the mountains of West Virginia from July 21 to August 1, 2019.
                          [...]
                          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gathering.html
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• This can't possibly be true.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• It's a World Jamboree. The Scouts who are there are far more likely to be 16 and above. This is not a BSA policy, or a Scouts Canada policy (two of the hosting organizations). It is a requirement that any hosting scout organization must abide by, and it's been the policy for like 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                                It's a World Jamboree. The Scouts who are there are far more likely to be 16 and above. This is not a BSA policy, or a Scouts Canada policy (two of the hosting organizations). It is a requirement that any hosting scout organization must abide by, and it's been the policy for like 20 years.
                                So which Scouts do we blame? I bet it's the French Scouts (pronounced "scoots').
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X