Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    If she is offended at prolonged profanity and you are forcing guys to shave during intramurals, I would avoid Vegas altogether. Have you thought about Nauvoo?
    Better yet, a return to Provo to relive your intramural glories?

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      if gambling and sunday activities are going to be a problem, not sure vegas is for you... maybe think about branson?
      Maybe I'll be more clear. We'll be there from Friday through Sunday (possibly Monday). I know there are a ton of things to do outside of gambling. I'm looking for recommendations on what people think is a lot of fun in terms of shows, attractions, restaurants, etc. for Friday and Saturday. Creeksters post was helpful, but a bit vague. Most of the recommendations in this thread are 5+ years old so I'm looking for a refresh.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Las Vegas

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        MJ and I have the opportunity to take a quick vacation while my mom is in town later this year. We were thinking of just driving to the hill country but most of the stuff we'd do out there would be more fun with kids. So I'm trying to figure out where we can go that is quick and easy to get to and would be fun and a new experience. We've never really been to Vegas...I mean we've been there for bowl games and I frequented it as a kid, but we've never been there for vacay. So I'm looking into stuff to do to see if it's worth it. We've got basically two or three days and we'd fly out on a Friday morning or afternoon and fly back Sunday or possibly Monday morning.

Any recommendations for the following (keeping in mind MJ gets offended at prolonged profanity)?
        - Hotels
        - Restaurants
        - Shows
        - Sunday activities...this one will be tough. We don't usually hit church on vacay and MJ was okay doing a Normandy tour on Sunday back on the France trip. Maybe a drive to the south rim of the grand canyon? It's far but I don't think she's ever seen it.
        Nothing wrong with heading south for a little sabbath rimming, I agree.

I have some other suggestions, but I'll type them out when I have more time this weekend.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Nothing wrong with heading south for a little sabbath rimming, I agree.

I have some other suggestions, but I'll type them out when I have more time this weekend.

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

MJ and I have the opportunity to take a quick vacation while my mom is in town later this year. We were thinking of just driving to the hill country but most of the stuff we'd do out there would be more fun with kids. So I'm trying to figure out where we can go that is quick and easy to get to and would be fun and a new experience. We've never really been to Vegas...I mean we've been there for bowl games and I frequented it as a kid, but we've never been there for vacay. So I'm looking into stuff to do to see if it's worth it. We've got basically two or three days and we'd fly out on a Friday morning or afternoon and fly back Sunday or possibly Monday morning.

Any recommendations for the following (keeping in mind MJ gets offended at prolonged profanity)?
            - Hotels
            - Restaurants
            - Shows
            - Sunday activities...this one will be tough. We don't usually hit church on vacay and MJ was okay doing a Normandy tour on Sunday back on the France trip. Maybe a drive to the south rim of the grand canyon? It's far but I don't think she's ever seen it.
            Little Darlins. MJ will be happy to know they don't serve alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
              Little Darlins. MJ will be happy to know they don't serve alcohol.
              That place is great. Every May they put a sign on their marquee that says something like "now hiring class of 2016 graduates."
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Creeksters post was helpful, but a bit vague.
                I get that a lot.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  That place is great. Every May they put a sign on their marquee that says something like "now hiring class of 2016 graduates."

I still think the best is the advertisement that says "Veni, Vidi, Veni".
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

I still think the best is the advertisement that says "Veni, Vidi, Veni".
                    Haha. Gross.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Las Vegas is the best and worst city in America. I love it. I do think frequently on what I would do if I left and came back for a weekend getaway.

Gambling:

I'd play poker at Aria or the Wynn
                      Play blackjack $100 limit at Bellagio
                      Craps at The Cromwell.

Eating:

Breakfast at Oyster Bar in Palace Station
                      2:00 in the morning dinner at Raku
                      Steak at Craftsteak/Del Friscos/Etc they are all fantastic
                      Another meal from Asia, Monta/Curry Zen/Kabuto/Lotus
                      Tacos El Gordo for al pastor
                      Drinks at Cosmo
                      Donuts at Donut Bar
                      Malasadas at Island Grill

Lodging:

I'd stay on the strip, that's the point right?
                      The JW is nice but far away

Attractions:

Neon Museum
                      Mob Museum
                      Fremont street for the freak show
                      People watching on the strip
                      Hoover Dam is cool, really cool from the lake

Shows:

All the Cirque Shows are cool, Ka is my least favorite MJ1 is the best.
                      I'd see if any concerts are going
                      See if any boxing/MMA events they are insanely fun
                      Watching football on a Sunday in a sports book is a lot of fun

Grand Canyon is too far IMO, plus Boulder City can get crazy on a Sunday. Valley of Fire is probably cooler as far as physical attractions. Even Red Rock is closer and probably just as cool, there's a couple cool hikes and a nice park there where you can completely miss the strip.

I think you are one of the worst posters here or Id invite you boating, maybe Falafal can take you?

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                        I think you are one of the worst posters here or Id invite you boating, maybe Falafal can take you?
                        He'd probably want to ski. No thanks.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                          I bet I slalom better than 98% of this board even though I only get out once or twice a year since moving to Houston.

Thx for the info, though.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I bet I slalom better than 98% of this board even though I only get out once or twice a year since moving to Houston.

Last edited by falafel; 09-02-2016, 02:02 PM.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Slalom course or free ski?
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

One of Fusnik's best suggestions is watching football at a sports book. It's also fun on a Saturday.
                                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Working...
                                X