Mountain West Salvation Groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
    I think I speak for gracious Ute fans everywhere when I say you have our pity and condolences.
    Thanks, to both of you. I appreciate it.
    "I'm going to go back to CUF now, where the censorship is less, the average IQ is higher, and we don't have to deal with so much of this nonsense. Goodbye." - SoonerCoug

Comment

• MWC Eastern Division:

Houston
      Tulsa
      SMU
      New Mexico BYU New Mexico
      Air Force
      Colorado State
      Wyoming
      Utah State

MWC Western Division:

Boise State
      BYU New Mexico Who cares?
      Hawaii
      San Diego State
      Fresno State
      San Jose State
      Nevada
      UNLV

Independent:
      BYU
      Fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
        No you move boise st for Utah st then you have a 9 game conference schedule where you play every team from other division once every 4 years. byu then plays Utah st every year.
        Yeah no conference has ever gotten screwed playing 9 conference games!
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by shoganai View Post
          Fixed.

Comment

• If Gonzalo and St Mary's go to the new catholic league, some sort of arrangement with the MWC has to be made. The WCC would be absolute garbage. Ideal would be all sports besides football in the MWC. But With SDSU, Boise, Houston, and SMU going to the MWC, there is no room for the 17th team.

Comment

• Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
              If Gonzalo and St Mary's go to the new catholic league, some sort of arrangement with the MWC has to be made. The WCC would be absolute garbage. Ideal would be all sports besides football in the MWC. But With SDSU, Boise, Houston, and SMU going to the MWC, there is no room for the 17th team.
              Unless of course the rumors of the PAC-12 picking up SDSU and Boise have some truth to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                If Gonzalo and St Mary's go to the new catholic league, some sort of arrangement with the MWC has to be made. The WCC would be absolute garbage. Ideal would be all sports besides football in the MWC. But With SDSU, Boise, Houston, and SMU going to the MWC, there is no room for the 17th team.
                Where is the 17 from? (I'm guessing that your also putting Tulsa & UTEP in that 16) Hawaii is football only so a non-football school like BYU or Gonzaga could offset them.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahJazzFan88 View Post
                  Where is the 17 from? (I'm guessing that your also putting Tulsa & UTEP in that 16) Hawaii is football only so a non-football school like BYU or Gonzaga could offset them.
                  You are right. For some reason I thought the addition of SJSU and USU put them at 12. But I guess that number doesn't include the defections of SDSU and Boise. Disregard my previous posts.

Still, I can't imagine SDSU and Boise staying put with the Big East.

Comment

• The MWC will supposedly allow BYU to keep the ESPN deal until it expires. If so, I agree to join the MWC if they meet one more demand: change that awful logo.

Honestly, if we:

- keep the ESPN deal
                    - play 4-5 good OOC games with ESPN's brokerage
                    - get a crack at a championship game
                    - have better BCS access
                    - get in a solid basketball conference

then I say we go for it.
                    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Ugh, WAC-16 2.0
                      "Remember to double tap"

Comment

• Dump bottom 4 and it might not be as bad...usu, wyo etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                          The MWC will supposedly allow BYU to keep the ESPN deal until it expires. If so, I agree to join the MWC if they meet one more demand: change that awful logo.

Honestly, if we:

- keep the ESPN deal
                          - have better BCS access

then I say we go for it.
                          Where are you hearing that they will allow BYU to keep ESPN deal until it expires?

Comment

• Now my expectations are in check, going to the MWC again won't bug me.

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                              The MWC will supposedly allow BYU to keep the ESPN deal until it expires. If so, I agree to join the MWC if they meet one more demand: change that awful logo.

Honestly, if we:

- keep the ESPN deal
                              - have better BCS access

then I say we go for it.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• My pie-in-the-sky-but-not-Big12-best-case-scenario for BYU (right now, I reserve the right to change my opinion whenever I want):

- MWC expands to 16, forms two divisions:

Mountain
                                Houston
                                SMU
                                Air Force
                                New Mexico
                                Colorado State
                                Wyoming
                                UTEP
                                Utah State

West
                                BYU
                                Boise State
                                Fresno State
                                SDSU
                                UNLV
                                Nevada
                                San Jose State
                                Hawaii* (football only)

*** Gonzaga joins for basketball and Olympic sports in place of Hawaii.

Football plays 7 divisional games and one extra-divisional game. Obviously, there is a CCG, preferably in Phoenix.

Basketball plays a divisional round robin (14 games) and 4 games extra-divisional (2 home, 2 away) on a rotating basis. Tournament in Vegas.

BYU keeps ESPN deal until it expires. MWC tries to either buyout or renegotiate CBS TV deal, and BYU is free to join it when the ESPN deal expires.

Under this scenario BYU:
                                - keeps ESPN contract
                                - lets BYU broker big games with ESPN
                                - preserves some regional rivalry, keeps a foot in CA and TX for recruiting
                                - gives us more to play for than just a national championship
                                - makes a great basketball conference
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Working...
                                X