Mountain West Salvation Groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain West Salvation Groundswell

I know this has been mentioned in several threads, but I think it needs its own groundswell. OK so now that BYU has killed the mtn network by going Indy, they need to rejoin the MWC and convince SDSU and Boise to stay and play. I am sure the conference will be more than happy to let BYUtv pick up tier 3 rights and I am also sure they could get a decent ESPN deal for the conference as long as Boise and BYU are included.

Since the Big 12 ain't happening and the Big East is almost as meh as Indy, it is really the best option left.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

I think I speak for gracious Ute fans everywhere when I say you have our pity and condolences.
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

End this disgusting thread. Now.

Comment

I support making a 12-14 team conference made up of Western teams, but it cannot be called the MWC. That dog needs to die, although I could be talked into it Hair Thompson and Company got the boot and a whole new conference management team were brought in.

Oh yeah, a decent TV deal would be a must too.

BYU
        Boise State
        SDSU
        Hawaii
        Fresno
        Nevada
        UNLV
        Utah State
        Wyoming
        Air Force
        Colorado State
        UNM

I would be okay with that conference.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          End this disgusting thread. Now.
          Time to get realistic and devote our energy to threads that might actually happen. The Big 12 groundswell thread is the one that needs to die.
          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
            Time to get realistic and devote our energy to threads that might actually happen. The Big 12 groundswell thread is the one that needs to die.
            Sure, but this is not the answer...

Stay indy or BE are WAY better options than that puke fest you just proposed.

Comment

I've been on record today as being pro-BigEast.

I could get behind a revitalized MWC if certain conditions were met, and the BigEast were not a viable option anymore.

I am off the independence bandwagon. I like having a conference championship to play for.

Anyways, I think we'll all feel a lot better once we get over the Big12 dream. Truth is, we would have been only better than average once in a while in that league. We can compete in the BigEast or neoMWC, and that competition is compelling to me. Playing exhibition games is not.

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Only if they agree to add "BYU's Bitches" to all contracts, marketing material, the logo, etc.

And give BYU 50% of all the TV Revenue.

And play 2-1 for all football games.

And ... never mind it's still not worth it.
                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I've been on record today as being pro-BigEast.

I could get behind a revitalized MWC if certain conditions were met, and the BigEast were not a viable option anymore.

I am off the independence bandwagon. I like having a conference championship to play for.

Anyways, I think we'll all feel a lot better once we get over the Big12 dream. Truth is, we would have been only better than average once in a while in that league. We can compete in the BigEast or neoMWC, and that competition is compelling to me. Playing exhibition games is not.
                  I am so with you!

Comment

How is Indy or BE a better option? A new Pacific/Mountain conference makes sense.

Comment

I support making a 12-14 team conference made up of Western teams, but it cannot be called the MWC. That dog needs to die, although I could be talked into it Hair Thompson and Company got the boot and a whole new conference management team were brought in.

Oh yeah, a decent TV deal would be a must too.

BYU
                      Boise State
                      SDSU
                      Hawaii
                      Fresno
                      Nevada
                      UNLV
                      Utah State
                      Wyoming
                      Air Force
                      Colorado State
                      UNM

I would be okay with that conference.
                      That is actually a decent football conference (every bit as good if not better than what is left of the Big East) and a very, very good basketball conference. I am on board!

Comment

Conflicted... I disagree with Wrubell about a lot of things (i.e. his strange love of the WCC), but he's with me on this one!

Comment From Skadoosh
                        Didn't Dodd suggest that BYU return to the MWC? Would BYU ever consider that? I sure hope not.....
                        3:52
                        Good gravy, I heard that, too, and ...well, I agree with you.

Comment

Why in the world would BYU want to put a bunch of crappy teams on their back and carry them again like they did the MWC? BYU is much better off as an Independent.
                          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                            Why in the world would BYU want to put a bunch of crappy teams on their back and carry them again like they did the MWC? BYU is much better off as an Independent.
                            You must love watching the Harlem Globetrotters. How many NBA titles have they won?

Comment

I do not endorse this abomination of a thread.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                              X