No announcement yet.

Mountain West Salvation Groundswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii's a storied program. that would be too bad for them if that happened.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
      Looks like some MWC teams might not be able to keep up.

"@McMurphyESPN: Hawaii AD Ben Jay tells regents "real possibility of football going away” because of UH $2.1M deficit, KITV reports"
      I'm sure their travel costs are a big part of this.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Just dusting off this old thread in case we need it in the near future.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
          Just dusting off this old thread in case we need it in the near future.
          you waltz back here after an absence to bump this turd? shame on you
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            Oh man BYU is so screwed. There are no good options.
            SWISH!
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• SU feeling really emboldened by that 2 seed. I don't blame you, SU. Congrats!
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• SU, which PAC 12 team are your rooting for? All of them? Or just Arizona?
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  SU feeling really emboldened by that 2 seed. I don't blame you, SU. Congrats!
                  Wait until he finds out it's a 2 seed in the NIT. Lol.

Comment

• If GU goes to MWC, I think the best option is for BYU to recruit BSU and head to the AAC. We're not getting a P5 invite, so why not make the best non-P5 conference even better?
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                      If GU goes to MWC, I think the best option is for BYU to recruit BSU and head to the AAC. We're not getting a P5 invite, so why not make the best non-P5 conference even better?
                      I’m more and more leaning this way. The MWC is crap. It’s basketball even sucks now. AAC b-ball is very good and football is decent compared to the MWC. It would be a bit of an awkward fit with the travel, but BYU already travels like crazy for independence so not much would change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

If GU goes to MWC, I think the best option is for BYU to recruit BSU and head to the AAC. We're not getting a P5 invite, so why not make the best non-P5 conference even better?
                        I think this is a decent idea. If Gonzaga leaves, we're effed. At that point, if we need to, we need be ready to drop independence in football and let our football program win us the best spot possible. Football rules the day in conference affiliation. So we should maximize that advantage for all sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                          I think this is a decent idea. If Gonzaga leaves, we're effed. At that point, if we need to, we need be ready to drop independence in football and let our football program win us the best spot possible. Football rules the day in conference affiliation. So we should maximize that advantage for all sports.
                          Football affiliation would lead to more balanced football scheduling, IMO and give a glimpse to where BYU football stands vis-a-vis programs with similar resources. The resource gap is leading to such a huge difference between those with a seat at the table and those without. Trying to be something in-between is not going to work for BYU, or anyone else. Cut down the games against power teams to 3 a year instead of 5. Try to get one shitty power team in that 3 and hope that one of the other two ends up having a shitty year. With some consistency against teams in whichever conference BYU joins that gives a chance of top 25 rankings and some semblance of national relevancy.
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I've been feeling the AAC for a couple years now. We need to do something before even the shitty conferences would be pressured not to let in a BYU.

Comment

• I get why fans don't like this development, but it's not obvious to me that the BYU administration would view this as a very negative development. Sure, there is pass through via fans becoming less interested. So if they think that effect is big, they may be worried, but I'm guessing they don't expect much of a dropoff in interest. My sense of BYU administration is they are almost always happy to lose revenue on the margin for more control, influence, or freedom to do things their way or get their way on the margin. So you lose some prestige in men's and women's basketball with the Zags leaving and not much in other sports. Doesn't the marginal gain in influence and control offset those other loses for the powers that be at BYU?
                              Last edited by pelagius; 03-13-2018, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                                I get why fans don't like this development, but it's not obvious to me that the BYU administration would view this as a very negative development. Sure, there is pass through via fans becoming less interested. So if they think that effect is big, they may be worried, but I'm guessing they don't expect much of a dropoff in interest. My sense of BYU administration is they are almost always happy to lose revenue on the margin for more control, influence, or freedom to do things their way or get their way on the margin. So you lose some prestige in men's and women's basketball with the Zags leaving and not much in other sports. Doesn't the marginal gain in influence and control offset those other loses for the powers that be at BYU?
                                That's harsh. But wouldn't surprise me. This is a time we need a strong AD. I thought Holmoe was weak initially. But then there's been times I thought he was OK. Don't really know how to evaluate him.

Comment

Working...
                                X