Running shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    I went to Wasatch Running Center and got fitted tonight, tried on about 10 different pairs of shoes and went home with a pair of Sauconys for about $105. There were two other pair that were close but the pair I bought always felt just a tad better overall than the others. We'll see what happens when do that first run/walk tomorrow morning.

As somebody who isn't a runner and has never spent more than about $40 for a pair of gym shoes, it was hard to judge initially because every pair felt so much better than anything I had before.
    Which Saucony shoes did you end up with?

Comment

Originally posted by OhioBlue View Post
      Which Saucony shoes did you end up with?
      They say Guide 5 on the side. If I got ripped off, don't tell me because right now I'm pretty pumped about them.

I ran/walked about 2.5 miles this morning in - try not to laugh runner people - just over 20 minutes. I could have gone a little faster, but I'm trying to stick to a training schedule. The shoes were great, the lungs and legs, not so much. Does anybody have advice on where I can go to purchase a good pair of legs?
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

They say Guide 5 on the side. If I got ripped off, don't tell me because right now I'm pretty pumped about them.

I ran/walked about 2.5 miles this morning in - try not to laugh runner people - just over 20 minutes. I could have gone a little faster, but I'm trying to stick to a training schedule. The shoes were great, the lungs and legs, not so much. Does anybody have advice on where I can go to purchase a good pair of legs?
        The Guide 5 is a great shoe. Saucony caught my attention by lowering the heel to 8mm and cutting out some weight, plus I don't know if you got the blue one with green accents but that's a good looking shoe. Nice choice.

No laughing here. My first time out once I decided I wanted to start running, I made it a half mile and cursed the thought of ever trying again. Time and pace are irrelevant for you right now, just be patient and trust that after a while it will get easier. In the meantime, think of this as the introduction of a lot of new stress to your bones, muscles, and connective tissues and take it nice and easy accordingly. Your lungs will get stronger far faster than your legs will.

Comment

2.5 miles in 20 minutes is 8 minute miles. That's fast.
          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
            2.5 miles in 20 minutes is 8 minute miles. That's fast.
            and for the first time out, you can be proud of that.

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
              2.5 miles in 20 minutes is 8 minute miles. That's faster than Moliere.
              FIFY
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                and for the first time out, you can be proud of that.
                You guys are nice. Thanks for the encouraging words. When I ran cross country in Jr High, I was running 5 1/2 minute miles, so my time this morning was a little depressing. I'm at work now and feel like my legs are going to fall off. But it's good. I think I'm in this to stay.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Does anybody have advice on where I can go to purchase a good pair of legs?
                  Boardmail Donuthole.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioBlue View Post
                    The Guide 5 is a great shoe. Saucony caught my attention by lowering the heel to 8mm and cutting out some weight, plus I don't know if you got the blue one with green accents but that's a good looking shoe. Nice choice.
                    My last two pairs have been Saucony, and I've liked them, but this newest pair I got feels a little lighter and less bulky than the last two. I absolutely love them.
                    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

It's really worth going to a store and getting an understanding of what type of shoe you need, the proper last, stability, cushioning, etc. I'm not a runner, but I used to work in a shoe store and was that dorky kid who loved learning about why some shoes were better for certain people than others (probably due to my foot surgeries growing up).

The help is free. If you want to do things on the cheap, just use it to glean information, then go online and buy the shoes you liked best. Also, if you buy the previous year's version of the same shoe (mine are Asics...can't remember the model name, but it starts with a K), you can save 30-40% right off the top.

Good luck.

Edit: Just saw you went with Saucony. Solid brand; my brother runs in them and swears by them.
                      Last edited by Green Monstah; 05-11-2012, 08:45 AM.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        My last two pairs have been Saucony, and I've liked them, but this newest pair I got feels a little lighter and less bulky than the last two. I absolutely love them.
                        You're using the Ride, yeah? My understanding is that the update for that one, similar to what they've done with the Mirage, Guide, and Hurricane, is due out in June-ish. I think I read that on a forum somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          Boardmail Donuthole.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If anybody says the terms "motion control", move right out and don't come returning. All medical literary works I've seen says they do more damage than excellent, and my podiatric physician says they are the create of Sata

Comment

yes u decide well. I tell u shoes makes your exercise more easier, and brand is also very much matter. if u buy a shoes of $ 20, and is not comfortable how u will do exercise? so i suggest u buy a pair of Nike. it will be good for u.
                              foster

Comment

I go to Fleet Feet here in Pleasanton. They're a franchise operation with a store in American Fork. I assume like any good running shoe emporium, they took a lot of time with me and I ran on multiple pairs while they looked at my gait, narrowing the recommended choices to 3-4, and then I decided which one I liked best. Over the past 2-3 years, I've stuck with the Asics Nimbus Gels (a somewhat softer ride) and have really liked them. I have yet to sustain an injury, but when dawdles along at my speed, hardly surprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X