Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10+ years at war; Have you felt an impact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Bump. How about now after 17 years?

Major Brent Taylor, mayor of North Ogden was killed today. He's the brother of a close friend.
    That photo is absolutely heartbreaking. Obviously a man that devoted his life to public service. If you see a link to what I assume will be a massive fundraising effort for his family, please post it. Edit: Never mind, here it is.
    Last edited by PaloAltoCougar; 11-03-2018, 06:09 PM.

Comment

All of those kids look like they were born after 2001.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        That photo is absolutely heartbreaking. Obviously a man that devoted his life to public service. If you see a link to what I assume will be a massive fundraising effort for his family, please post it. Edit: Never mind, here it is.
        Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        All of those kids look like they were born after 2001.
        Yep. Poignant commentary on the world those kids were born into all told in a single picture.

Comment

A friend of mine was near the incident and reported to me. Many in the military are heartbroken. Afghanistan is truly a shithole of a country.
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            Already half-way to 250K in less than a day. Good people abound.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

sounds like the thousand oaks shooter was a veteran with PTSD. tragic. explains the use of smoke and his ability to take out 12 people with a .45. mental illness + skills/training can be an extremely dangerous combination.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                sounds like the thousand oaks shooter was a veteran with PTSD. tragic. explains the use of smoke and his ability to take out 12 people with a .45. mental illness + skills/training can be an extremely dangerous combination.
                Holy crap! Hadn't heard this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  I hope there is a gofundme set up for the victim's families so that the folks that supported the US invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan can feel better about their past sins.
                  You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                  Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    I hope there is a gofundme set up for the victim's families so that the folks that supported the US invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan can feel better about their past sins.
                    can you not?
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      can you not?
                      Contribute? No. All my monies tied up in NCO. Which reminds me... we need another "surge" or something to get my investments back on track.

Comment

Working...
                      X