The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    Honestly that's what happens when you have skeletons. You know what happens when you pick a great, vetted candidate? They get confirmed almost immediately i.e. Roberts, Gorsuch, etc... This is on stupid Trump's stupid administration for not properly vetting. There were plenty of great picks and this is how they handled this.
    I was shocked he didn't go with one of his recent circuit appointees that had just survived vetting by the committee. It would have been a done deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
      I was shocked he didn't go with one of his recent circuit appointees that had just survived vetting by the committee. It would have been a done deal.
      You have no way of knowing that. After watching this wretched political theater play out the last week or two I am not convinced this would not have happened to almost anyone.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
        You have no way of knowing that. After watching this wretched political theater play out the last week or two I am not convinced this would not have happened to almost anyone.
        That's a lot of nots and nos. The point is that the committee and the full senate, having just confirmed the very same judge to a circuit, have a much tougher time arguing that s/he's suddenly unfit to serve. This practice (typically of nominating someone for a circuit that was recently elevated to a federal district) is well established as an easier road to confirmation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
          That's a lot of nots and nos. The point is that the committee and the full senate, having just confirmed the very same judge to a circuit, have a much tougher time arguing that s/he's suddenly unfit to serve. This practice (typically of nominating someone for a circuit that was recently elevated to a federal district) is well established as an easier road to confirmation.
          Maybe THAT"S why people say my posts are too negative.

They wouldn't have to make that argument. They could conjure some phantom from the misty past who may or may not have been too inebriated to recall some lewd behavior. New problem. Didn't know about it before. And voila! Roe v. Wade can sleep soundly another night.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Right. I'm sure that's it.

Comment

They wouldn't have to make that argument. They could conjure some phantom from the misty past who may or may not have been too inebriated to recall some lewd behavior. New problem. Didn't know about it before. And voila! Roe v. Wade can sleep soundly another night.
              yikes. skepticism is one thing.
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                yikes. skepticism is one thing.
                So you think Ramirez is fully above board and isn’t manipulating (or manipulated)?
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

So you think Ramirez is fully above board and isn’t manipulating (or manipulated)?
                  try again big guy
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• The funny thing with the left throwing the kitchen sink at Kavanaugh, is that he is one of the most centrist of the Federalist Society's list. They'll have blown their outrage wad and have nothing left for an even more conservative nominee. So they bring down someone who clerked for Kennedy and will get someone who clerked for Scalia (Barrett).

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      try again big guy
                      If you have something to say, then say it. Otherwise go play your little guessIng game with someone who cares, little guy.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Leftist protestors are funny... They believe that anyone that supports Kavanaugh is a fascist and can't eat at the same restaurant:

But at the same time they act like a bunch of fascist pigs.

What a bunch of dummies.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Kavanaugh's roommate during the time believes Ramirez.

In a statement released to select reporters Monday night, Roche writes of his experience as Kavanaugh’s freshman-year roommate, concluding that “although Brett was normally reserved, he was a notably heavy drinker, even by the standards of the time, and that he became belligerent and aggressive when he was very drunk.” Though he says he does not remember the incident of alleged sexual assault, he does remember Kavanaugh “frequently drinking excessively and becoming incoherently drunk.

Roche also describes his friendship with Deborah Ramirez, saying “she stood out as being exceptionally honest, with a trusting manner.” He says Ramirez, a Puerto Rican woman who felt out of place among the privileged students of Yale, was worried about fitting in and tried hard to make friends and “get along.”

“Based on my time with Debbie, I believe her to be unusually honest and straightforward and I cannot imagine her making this up,” Roche writes. “Based on my time with Brett, I believe that he and his social circle were capable of the actions that Debbie described.”
                          https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/kavan...w-accuser.html

Comment

• But the roommate has no independent knowledge of the alleged attack itself. Next.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Kavanaugh's roommate during the time believes Ramirez.

https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/kavan...w-accuser.html
                              Ha, that’s great! I don’t believe any of these people based off of a 30+ year old memory. Sorry, memories aren’t that good, even for traumatic events. If more than one person can corroborate any of these stories, I’d be more inclined to believe.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                Ha, that’s great! I don’t believe any of these people based off of a 30+ year old memory. Sorry, memories aren’t that good, even for traumatic events. If more than one person can corroborate any of these stories, I’d be more inclined to believe.
                                Yes. This article I. Particular is sort of funny. “Debby was so nice and honest but Brett was just a mean drunk!” Thanks for that insight. You can tell which roommate ruled that roost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X