No announcement yet.

The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So a new accuser has come forward claiming that ... wait for it ... he exposed himself at a rager in college.

TBH, unlike the Ford allegations, does anyone really care if this actually happened? Kavanaugh should be overjoyed if this is really the next gotcha
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• This new allegation is hilarious, no one is backing her up, her memories are self-admittedly fuzzy, a lawyer helped her "assess her memories" over the past six days.

And you guessed it, it all happened 35 years ago when he was a freshman in college.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• How can any man not find this type of thing terrifying?

Some woman you don’t know shows up with a made-up story about something she claims happened decades earlier and it destroys your reputation, smears you in the public eye?

Has the world gone completely insane? Stuff like this has to cause a backlash and delegitimize all the legit #metoo stuff that is out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
          How can any man not find this type of thing terrifying?

Some woman you don’t know shows up with a made-up story about something she claims happened decades earlier and it destroys your reputation, smears you in the public eye?

Had the world gone completely insane? Stuff like this has to cause a backlash and delegitimize all the legit #metoo stuff that is out there.
          How can you say with confidence that it's made up?

False rape or sexual assault claims are no jokes and can ruin lives, but so can the backlash someone receives for reporting a powerful person did something like this.

I'll wait to hear more.
          Last edited by frank ryan; 09-23-2018, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            He probably made a bunch of that up. Still very funny tho.
            The best part is that he left out all his romantic interests. I’m not sure whether that’s because he doesn’t see them as viable judicial nominees or because he just has that much dirt on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              How can you say with confidence that it's made up?

False rape or sexual assault claims are no jokes and can ruin lives, but so can the backlash someone receives for reporting a powerful person did something like this.

I'll wait to hear more.
              Trump is going to win because of stuff like this accusation against Kavanaugh. And it will be the Dems fault for pulling this crap.

Comment

Trump is going to win because of stuff like this accusation against Kavanaugh. And it will be the Dems fault for pulling this crap.
                Trump had several allegations of sexual assault. Republicans didn't give a shit, and that's not why he won. This won't be why he wins in 2020, if that's the case.

Still doesn't answer my question of why you're so confident this woman is lying. It's not usual for people not to report sexual abuse that happened when they were younger, in fact that's more common.

I don't know if this lady is telling the truth, and neither do you. It's certainly possible Kavanaugh is a creep.

Comment

I don't know if this lady is telling the truth, and neither do you. It's certainly possible Kavanaugh is a creep.
                  I think you just proved Cardiacs point.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    I think you just proved Cardiacs point.
                    That the lady made it up and is lying?

Comment

• There may be another:

Michael Avenatti Is Representing A Woman With "Credible Information" On Kavanaugh — REPORT

After a new sexual misconduct allegation against SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh surfaced Sunday evening, Stormy Daniels' lawyer came forward with something else. According to his social media, Michael Avenatti is representing a woman with "credible information" on Kavanaugh and Mark Judge, Kavanaugh's friend from his formative school years. Kavanaugh has firmly denied the allegations against him. Bustle has reached out to the White House for comment on Avenatti's latest claims.

“I represent a woman with credible information regarding Judge Kavanaugh and Mark Judge,” Avenatti tweeted out on Sunday night. “We will be demanding the opportunity to present testimony to the committee and will likewise be demanding that Judge and others be subpoenaed to testify. The nomination must be withdrawn.”
                      https://www.bustle.com/p/michael-ave...eport-12014629

Comment

Trump had several allegations of sexual assault. Republicans didn't give a shit, and that's not why he won. This won't be why he wins in 2020, if that's the case.

Still doesn't answer my question of why you're so confident this woman is lying. It's not usual for people not to report sexual abuse that happened when they were younger, in fact that's more common.

The average American “swing voter” understands that what is happening to Kavanaugh here is fundamentally unfair and disturbing. This is not a sleazy dude like Weinstein — this is a family-oriented middle-aged judge who is being dragged through the mud for something that happened (or more likely didn’t happen) when he was 17!

Outside of circles where people feel obligated or are in fact obligated to virtue signal this accusation feels very wrong.

Comment

• Stormy Daniels's lawyer? Come on, Frank.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

The average American “swing voter” understands that what is happening to Kavanaugh here is fundamentally unfair and disturbing. This is not a sleazy dude like Weinstein — this is a family-oriented middle-aged judge who is being dragged through the mud for something that happened (or more likely didn’t happen) when he was 17!

Outside of circles where people feel obligated or are in fact obligated to virtue signal this accusation feels very wrong.
                            I'm not virtual signally when I suggest you can't confidently say this lady is lying. That term is quickly becoming overused. You realize being sexually assaulted at age 17 still damages a person?

Comment

I'm not virtual signally when I suggest you can't confidently say this lady is lying. That term is quickly becoming overused. You realize being sexually assaulted at age 17 still damages a person?
                              Can you confidently say she is not lying?
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I can't believe the New Yorker published this most recent story, it's really outlandish. Farrow earned quite a bit of credibility with his Weinstein stories, and I'm surprised he signed on to this.

And here's a shocker, they're using the story as a pretext to stall the hearing that Ford hadn't really agreed to anyway.

Something occurred to me today, there's no detail in the original Ford allegations regarding a particular date or week or month. She did say it occurred during the summer and most people think she's alleging 1982, but no one knows for sure. the only way someone could really exonerate themselves in a case like this that is so old would be if they could definitively show they were outside of the area when the alleged event occurred. The details that she has provided have proven to be detrimental to her allegation, the three people that she identified have all said that they have no recollection at all; additionally, none of the people live close to the country club like she claimed.

Comment

Working...
                                X