The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I hope someone from my HS is in position where they are vetted, in the future. I would LOVE to share my memories I have 30 years later with press and/or investigators

* Of course i remember Kevin L. Are you referencing the time he ran around the block naked, or the time he came upstairs and threw a (presumably) used condom at Kevin P?

* Andy M was super chill - unless you messed with the equalizer in his Maverick- I vividly recall walking into to his house (I never knocked. Yep, I was that kid) and seeing him smoking a J with his dad

* Ryan E was kind of an a-hole. Though I did think it was funny when he brought some Bartles and James to a party. He revealed after they had been passed around.He had peed in all 4 bottles.

* Steve W was a good friend. I don't know that it would be considered assault in today's society. But it was super annoying when he would lick his hand and put it on your food, so he could eat it .

* Andy B is highly qualified for your position. Yes, it is true he would run down senior hall and let all the guys know when Dottie H was coming wearing her painted on 501s and her tight Slippery When Wet shirt

* Yes I was in the car with Rick M when he hit the fence post. No, I did not lie to his dad the state trooper. Yes, I did tell him that claiming a deer ran in front of us, in the middle of a summer day, was a dumb idea.

* I'm glad to hear you are considering Clayton C for the position. Yes that story is true. He was well known from stealing his sister's flute and turning it into some kind of bong.

* I would rather not say was the basketball team referred to Camie B as "jaws", since it is all second hand information.

* Chris F was one of the nicest guys in our HS. I didn't feel bad at the time, but do now for joining in and drawing a fake mustache on him when he passed out. No I didn't draw the penis on him, that was Steve W.
    Surprising that none of those people have been nominated to the Supreme Court yet.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• "second hand information"

No sadder words were ever spoken.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• An excerpt from a NY Times story regarding Ford's best friend since college:

The text message from Christine Blasey Ford this summer worried her college best friend, Catherine Piwowarski.

Over their years of friendship — as roommates, bridesmaids and parents on opposite coasts — Dr. Blasey wanted to know, had she ever confided that she had been sexually assaulted in high school?

No, Ms. Piwowarski said she texted back, she would have remembered that, and was everything O.K.? Dr. Blasey didn’t want to speak in detail quite yet, her friend recalled her responding. “I don’t know why she was asking that or what it ultimately meant or didn’t mean,” Ms. Piwowarski said in an interview, but she remembers thinking that the question betrayed deep turmoil.
        Well, Ford admitted that she never told anyone until her 2012 repressed memory sessions with a bay area witch doctor...err...therapist, and she's apparently telling the truth. I also love Kierstan Gillibrand's statement that Kavanaugh is guilty of this because he's not calling for an FBI investigation against himself. This is madness.

Ari Fleisher mentioned on Twitter that he thinks that she's going to volunteer to testify about an hour before they're supposed to hold the judiciary committee vote next week. Right now, they seem to be pretty set on her not testifying on Monday and sticking with this message that wanting her testify is akin to silencing her (yes, that was really said).
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          I hope someone from my HS is in position where they are vetted, in the future. I would LOVE to share my memories I have 30 years later with press and/or investigators

* Of course i remember Kevin L. Are you referencing the time he ran around the block naked, or the time he came upstairs and threw a (presumably) used condom at Kevin P?

* Andy M was super chill - unless you messed with the equalizer in his Maverick- I vividly recall walking into to his house (I never knocked. Yep, I was that kid) and seeing him smoking a J with his dad

* Ryan E was kind of an a-hole. Though I did think it was funny when he brought some Bartles and James to a party. He revealed after they had been passed around.He had peed in all 4 bottles.

* Steve W was a good friend. I don't know that it would be considered assault in today's society. But it was super annoying when he would lick his hand and put it on your food, so he could eat it .

* Andy B is highly qualified for your position. Yes, it is true he would run down senior hall and let all the guys know when Dottie H was coming wearing her painted on 501s and her tight Slippery When Wet shirt

* Yes I was in the car with Rick M when he hit the fence post. No, I did not lie to his dad the state trooper. Yes, I did tell him that claiming a deer ran in front of us, in the middle of a summer day, was a dumb idea.

* I'm glad to hear you are considering Clayton C for the position. Yes that story is true. He was well known from stealing his sister's flute and turning it into some kind of bong.

* I would rather not say why the basketball team referred to Camie B as "jaws", since it is all second hand information.

* Chris F was one of the nicest guys in our HS. I didn't feel bad at the time, but do now for joining in and drawing a fake mustache on him when he passed out. No I didn't draw the penis on him, that was Steve W.

Impressive memory. I'd have to dig deep to try to remember high school episodes.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Impressive memory. I'd have to dig deep to try to remember high school episodes.
            He probably made a bunch of that up. Still very funny tho.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              If so, those stories are pretty creative. They sound original enough to be from whatever small podunk town Art grew up in.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Nope. All true. That was life in redneck OR.

I forgot to add the worst/best. Kid named Daniel C made the mistake of telling about his first real “experience” with a girl, where things ended very ....um.....prematurely, to the above mentioned Rick M. His confidential confession stayed quiet all of 1day. Poor Daniel was called “PT” his junior and senior year. PT being short for “pecker tracks” was derived by the football coach. Coach Berry and his Bike short not only labeled this poor kid, but one day during practice he had a freshmen get on another kids’ shoulders and put shaving cream on the ceiling above PT’s locker.

Coach Berry was a work of art. His favorite terms of endearment during FB season was yelling, “quit being a pussy, or I’ll get some real pads on you.” During PE class he would refer to all the wrestlers as “Mat fags” and would call Mrs Drake the female PE teacher, Mr Dyke.

Good hell, I grew up in an f’ed up place.
                Last edited by Art Vandelay; 09-20-2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• The National Review's guy that reports on the Court, in particular this confirmation, has left some cryptic tweets over the past couple days stating that insiders close to Kavanaugh have been quite confident that Kavanaugh will be exonerated (not just confirmed). Ed Whelen is regarded as being fairly plugged in to the GOP legal people in Washington and he's also not exactly a crazy Hannity type Trump sycophant, along with most of the rest of NR. Politico picked up on it and people have been waiting for him to reveal what he knows.

The info is dripping out, but apparently Kavenaugh's people know who the fourth person is (other than Ford herself) who was at the party that is alleged to have happened. In Ford's account she says it was only she and four others at the party and that it was in a house close to a place called the Columbia Country Club. Well of the four people, Kavanaugh's home was the closest to the Columbia Country Club and that was over 3 and a half miles away. Even in Utah, a home 3.5 miles away doesn't count as "close." The others were at least 4.5 miles away from the country club.

Whelan then goes on to show a house that is close to the country club, in fact it's only a half mile away. Through Zillow, they're able to show the floor plan of the house (and it clearly is the same house that would have been there in the early 80s). The floorplan of the house actually fits Ford's recollection of what happened. This is the guy, who's either the same age as Cavanaugh or very close to it, that lived in the house:

DnkeySKXoAAOoGW.jpg

This is Kavanaugh's high school picture:

DnkevMuXgAEYgs-.jpg

Furthermore, Whelan posts a screenshot of a facebook interaction between Mark Judge, who Ford has specifically identified, and the guy who grew up in the house a half mile from the country club.
                  Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 09-20-2018, 03:26 PM.
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Wow. That is fascinating.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• He also shows current pictures of the men, and they do bear a resemblance to each other. I don't know how much I believe the mistaken identity thing -- but one thing that is compelling to me is the fact that all four people have apparently been identified and none of them lived even close to the country club. Unless the five teenagers were in someone else's house with no one there, it casts considerable doubt that the four people who she claims were at the party are those exact people.

I'm kind of astonished that this guy went ahead and posted the guy's picture and name. This is quite a stretch to make that allegation against that guys (just like Ford's initial allegation).

Truth be told -- as I mentioned above -- showing that none of the party participants homes were close to the country club was the best piece of real evidence that anyone has offered toward the truth of the matter.
                      Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 09-20-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• I doubt this will work and seems sort of irresponsible to put out there. Now two men get to have unverifiable assault accusations hanging over them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                          I doubt this will work and seems sort of irresponsible to put out there. Now two men get to have unverifiable assault accusations hanging over them.
                          There's already some backlash against Whelan by people like Ben Shapiro. There are a lot of people who don't like throwing this guy under the bus.

Comment

• This is a disastrous plan. An insinuation of sexual assault by another man, to bolster Kavanaugh's innocence? That should poll well.
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                              There's already some backlash against Whelan by people like Ben Shapiro. There are a lot of people who don't like throwing this guy under the bus.
                              Tbh, I couldnt follow your description of WHelan's position. I think reading his twitter thread makes it clearer.

https://twitter.com/EdWhelanEPPC/sta...93987747713024

I am not a huge fan of this approach unless there is a witness who can put the group WHelan mentions in that house at that approx. time.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                                Another repressed memory. Folks being healed everywhere.
                                Um, that's not an example of a repressed memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X