The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    Just say yes, I've had conversations with people about the Mueller investigation, but not aware of any I've had with lawyers who work for Trump.

But that's not how he answered it.
    He did have conversations about the Mueller's probe but is not sure that he knows anyone at that law firm... that is what he said. He can't answer that question "yes" because he didn't know if the people he talked to had any association with that law firm. Answering "yes" would have been an incorrect response but the dems (and you) are stumbling all over themselves because he didn't give a simple "yes or no" answer.

“I’m not sure I know everyone who works at that law firm,” Kavanaugh told Harris.
    [...]
    Kavanaugh did admit to speaking with his fellow judges about Mueller’s probe given the media attention it has received and its continuation.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      He did have conversations about the Mueller's probe but is not sure that he knows anyone at that law firm... that is what he said. He can't answer that question "yes" because he didn't know if the people he talked to had any association with that law firm. Answering "yes" would have been an incorrect response but the dems (and you) are stumbling all over themselves because he didn't give a simple "yes or no" answer.
      He couldn't say he had conversations about it, but to the best of his knowledge with no one who works for Trump?
      Last edited by BlueK; 09-06-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

He couldn't say he had conversations about it, but to the best of his knowledge with no one who works for Trump?
        I imagine that he talked to Drumpf directly about Mueller's probe... Do you think they only talked about "kids and golf" like Bill and Loretta?
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe you would like this answer better...

“I don’t recall any conversations of that kind with anyone at that law firm… I haven’t had any inappropriate conversations about that investigation with anyone,” Kavanaugh said Thursday, when given the chance to elaborate on Harris' question from a day earlier.
          http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...lay-traps.html

And this morning's blow up by Senator Booker over some emails was for nothing...

Here is the email in question... OMG, Kavanaugh is not racist!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

And this morning's blow up by Senator Booker over some emails was for nothing...
            The folks in charge of reviewing documents told Booker's staff the night before that they were releasing the documents the following morning. Booker's entire stunt was pure grandstanding. What a weenie.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              The folks in charge of reviewing documents told Booker's staff the night before that they were releasing the documents the following morning. Booker's entire stunt was pure grandstanding. What a weenie.
              The Dems need to stop... they are just embarrassing themselves.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe you would like this answer better...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...lay-traps.html

Here is the email in question... OMG, Kavanaugh is not racist!

I do like that answer better, thanks.

Comment

The Dems need to stop... they are just embarrassing themselves.
                  That was embarrassing for Booker. The political theater is fun. When t turns to faux political theater, it’s just dumb. I’ll still vote for Booker over Drumpf in 2020.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    That was embarrassing for Booker. The political theater is fun. When t turns to faux political theater, it’s just dumb. I’ll still vote for Booker over Drumpf in 2020.
                    talk about fun, after impeachment, Trump will run in 2020 as an independent.

Comment

talk about fun, after impeachment, Trump will run in 2020 as an independent.

If the senate impeaches Trump, it will just embolden his supporters even more and if the impeachment is over petty issues the rest of America will become even more hostile towards congress.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

If the senate impeaches Trump, it will just embolden his supporters even more and if the impeachment is over petty issues the rest of America will become even more hostile towards congress.
                        If the Senate impeached trump that would be a real constitutional crisis!

Comment

if/when he gets kicked out it won't be over petty issues, although I'm sure his wacko hardcore supporters are going to try to define everything up to and including murdering someone on 5th avenue as a petty issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            If the Senate impeached trump that would be a real constitutional crisis!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              No kidding. He called it his "Spartacus Moment" knowing it was a bunch of crap. I have always liked Booker, but that was embarrassing pandering.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Here’s Another Brett Kavanaugh Email Republicans Didn’t Want You To See

Kavanaugh and his bros were planning a sailing weekend.
                                [...]
                                https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0162f472b242e

OMG! Brett Kavanaugh was planning a sailing trip! (Sails are white and this shows clearly that he is racist.)
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X