The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    If he was such a nerd at 17 that he kept detailed calendars, I want his nomination torpedoed no matter what!
    I had the opposite reaction. Keeping a calendar at 17 that includes parties and other recreational activities? That is EXACTLY the sort of uber nerd and detail attention paying geek that I want on the supreme court.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      I had the opposite reaction. Keeping a calendar at 17 that includes parties and other recreational activities? That is EXACTLY the sort of uber nerd and detail attention paying geek that I want on the supreme court.
      I rarely agree with the monkey. but that on this i agree 100%

Comment

My post was TIC (I think you realized that).

This has degenerated into a shitshow on both sides. I don't mind him trying to exonerate himself at all. But what is the likelihood that he has calendars that prove he wasn't at a party 35 years ago?
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

My post was TIC (I think you realized that).

This has degenerated into a shitshow on both sides. I don't mind him trying to exonerate himself at all. But what is the likelihood that he has calendars that prove he wasn't at a party 35 years ago?
          If he was accused with a sufficiently specific claim they could easily do so. His calendars apparently show that he was not in Maryland for the majority of the summer of 1982. Of course, she hasn't provided a date. Nor has she even provided a YEAR.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

If he was accused with a sufficiently specific claim they could easily do so. His calendars apparently show that he was not in Maryland for the majority of the summer of 1982. Of course, she hasn't provided a date. Nor has she even provided a YEAR.
            That's my point. How is his calendar going to disprove her allegation? Even if he was away for most of the summer, unless he has a specific date it proves nothing.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• OMG what is so special about Kavanaugh, unless the critics are right about him not being willing to indict a sitting president? Just retract the nomination and pick from one of the 30 other qualified yet non-rapey candidates!
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

That's my point. How is his calendar going to disprove her allegation? Even if he was away for most of the summer, unless he has a specific date it proves nothing.
                This is why she needs to testify. Someone needs to cross-examine her on her recollection and see if there is ANY recall as to the timing, etc. If she can offer NOTHING about the date or time or location, etc., then her credibility is undermined and very questionable. But if she offers something, then other third party sources can be checked and his calendars will likely shed some light on the probability he was present at all.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  OMG what is so special about Kavanaugh, unless the critics are right about him not being willing to indict a sitting president? Just retract the nomination and pick from one of the 30 other qualified yet non-rapey candidates!
                  He should have nominated a woman. But having chosen Kavanaugh it offends me greatly how he is being treated.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

This is why she needs to testify. Someone needs to cross-examine her on her recollection and see if there is ANY recall as to the timing, etc. If she can offer NOTHING about the date or time or location, etc., then her credibility is undermined and very questionable. But if she offers something, then other third party sources can be checked and his calendars will likely shed some light on the probability he was present at all.
                    Agree she should testify. But I still think it's unlikely the calendar will prove or disprove anything. We will see.

But he should still be torpedoed
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

He should have nominated a woman. But having chosen Kavanaugh it offends me greatly how he is being treated.
                      Honestly that's what happens when you have skeletons. You know what happens when you pick a great, vetted candidate? They get confirmed almost immediately i.e. Roberts, Gorsuch, etc... This is on stupid Trump's stupid administration for not properly vetting. There were plenty of great picks and this is how they handled this.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

It just shows that he was not even in the same town most of the summer... what does she and the Yale woman have? I am sure there are tons of witnesses, right?

The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge. Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/23/u...d-testify.html

Or maybe not. But every woman has the right to be believed...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

OMG what is so special about Kavanaugh, unless the critics are right about him not being willing to indict a sitting president? Just retract the nomination and pick from one of the 30 other qualified yet non-rapey candidates!
                          Can't give in to this kind of opposition.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Honestly that's what happens when you have skeletons. You know what happens when you pick a great, vetted candidate? They get confirmed almost immediately i.e. Roberts, Gorsuch, etc... This is on stupid Trump's stupid administration for not properly vetting. There were plenty of great picks and this is how they handled this.
                            Just wait until you are being vetted... We have all kinds of dirt on you! "Dear Senator: Commando was mean to me once on CS!"
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if BK withdraws from the process following a speech declaring his certainty that he's innocent of the claims being made, while stating that he's doing this for the good of the country. He'd acknowledge the very real problem of sexual harassment and express empathy for its victims, while observing that false accusations take a severe and very unfair toll on the accused. Then Trump will nominate Judge Barrett (Catholic mother of seven with very strong pro-life views), making some of the BK critics bemoan his withdrawal. Just a guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                I wouldn't be surprised if BK withdraws from the process following a speech declaring his certainty that he's innocent of the claims being made, while stating that he's doing this for the good of the country. He'd acknowledge the very real problem of sexual harassment and express empathy for its victims, while observing that false accusations take a severe and very unfair toll on the accused. Then Trump will nominate Judge Barrett (Catholic mother of seven with very strong pro-life views), making some of the BK critics bemoan his withdrawal. Just a guess.
                                I think Drumpf is saving Judge Barrett for when RBG kicks over.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X