No announcement yet.

The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I want to know is, did they drink beer?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      What I want to know is, did they drink beer?
      I am not sure, but I heard that he likes beer.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        Well call me naïve then. Yes there are many nefarious reasons, for many people. But for her, an accomplished person who just doesn't seem to need any of this limelight, I find it hard to believe that she is lying.
        I think I can allow that for some reason, she is just completely mistaken about the identity of her attacker. That is plausible to me, but I still give her story a lot of weight. As far as compensation is concerned, yep, I bet some will come along her way. But I find it extremely implausible that given what we know of her, she is doing this for the hope of compensation. Just very unlikely IMO.
        Ok, you're naive.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
          What I want to know is, did they drink beer?

Have you ever ground your genitals against Dr. Ford? What kind of stupid question is that? I wish he had said, "well, when did she become a doctor?"
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            What a stupid response to try and disqualify a detailed historical document that reflects his life without any knowledge of what is now taking place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            There are plenty of over of points to try and fight over. The calendar is not a strong one at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
              Ok, you're naive.
              And right now, I'm content in it. I really can't handle contemplating who is lying here.

I know it's a stressful time for him, but he doesn't handle those questions from Feinstien and the prosecutor well. Almost condescending and sneering.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• I was disappointed that he didn't go after feinstein when she asked him about the FBI investigation. She asks him why doesn't he want an investigation? His answer was good, but I would have liked to see him add something like "and I am left to wonder why you didn't seek a confidential investigation through the committee when you received the letter from Dr. Ford rather than wait until after the hearing was done." It is the height of hypocrisy for DiFi to complain about a failure to seek an earlier investigation.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• This whole thing is yet another data point that drinking alcohol is a dumb thing to do. sjbh
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

And right now, I'm content in it. I really can't handle contemplating who is lying here.

I know it's a stressful time for him, but he doesn't handle those questions from Feinstien and the prosecutor well. Almost condescending and sneering.
                    yes. see my commennt above. Feinstein deserves ot be sneered at given her complicit behavior in this circus.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I was disappointed that he didn't go after feinstein when she asked him about the FBI investigation. She asks him why doesn't he want an investigation? His answer was good, but I would have liked to see him add something like "and I am left to wonder why you didn't seek a confidential investigation through the committee when you received the letter from Dr. Ford rather than wait until after the hearing was done." It is the height of hypocrisy for DiFi to complain about a failure to seek an earlier investigation.
                      Yeah, he didn't handle that exchange well. He should have said, "You are clearly implying that I am afraid of facts being investigated. Nothing is further from the truth - all of the evidence supports my version of the story because it didn't happen."

Something to that effect.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Yeah, he didn't handle that exchange well. He should have said, "You are clearly implying that I am afraid of facts being investigated. Nothing is further from the truth - all of the evidence supports my version of the story because it didn't happen."

Something to that effect.
                        Exactly. That's what I expected him to say. An investigation isn't necessary because there's nothing to find.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I could see this:

His cavalier response to the prosecutor when she asked what is the level of safe drinking (something to that effect), kind of rang an alarm to me. He could have an abuse problem. Armchair diagnosis and all that.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Nina Tottenburg on NPR calling Kavanaugh's testimony a "performance".

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I could see this:

His cavalier response to the prosecutor when she asked what is the level of safe drinking (something to that effect), kind of rang an alarm to me. He could have an abuse problem. Armchair diagnosis and all that.
                              Yes, except for the part where Ford's friend, who Ford claims was at the party, says that she was never at a party with Kavanaugh in HS and that she didn't even KNOW Kavanaugh.

Now THATS an inconvenient fact, Al Gore.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Yes, except for the part where Ford's friend, who Ford claims was at the party, says that she was never at a party with Kavanaugh in HS and that she didn't even KNOW Kavanaugh.

Now THATS an inconvenient fact, Al Gore.
                                Cheeky monkey!

Just trying to square the belief that Ford was assaulted by Kavanaugh, and he denies it. Maybe her friend simply doesn't remember the party.

This is more for my well-being than to convince my fake internet friends.
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X