The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    That graphic is a middle finger to color-blind people everywhere.

I am not color blind and I still can't read it.
    Preach it! Hash tag me too.

Comment

That graphic is a middle finger to color-blind people everywhere.

I am not color blind and I still can't read it.
      Well, if you go to the wikipedia link I included above you can click on each of the states... I think some of them even include the braille translation for you older folks. You could even have Siri read it for you.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        Well, if you go to the wikipedia link I included above you can click on each of the states... I think some of them even include the braille translation for you older folks. You could even have Siri read it for you.
        Haha.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          OMG! It's the end of the world as we know it:

and I feel fine.
          So...when did Chris Matthews start worrying about looking stupid?!?

Comment

OMG. How on earth does this mean that "the constitution is at stake"? Aren't we simply following a constitutional process?
            Exactly.

Furthermore, the conservative judges are the ones that try to adhere to the constitution. It's the liberal judges that try to bend it to a pretzel to get the social outcome they want. This is just more of the almost two year childish fit on the left from not getting their way that is still going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Crockett View Post
              Exactly.

Furthermore, the conservative judges are the ones that try to adhere to the constitution. It's the liberal judges that try to bend it to a pretzel to get the social outcome they want. This is just more of the almost two year childish fit on the left from not getting their way that is still going on.
              damn you are dumb
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                damn you are dumb
                :chatterbox:

Comment

OMG. How on earth does this mean that "the constitution is at stake"? Aren't we simply following a constitutional process?
                  Because those darn conservative justices are bending the constitution to serve their own ends. Like upholding the first amendment, for one.

Incidentally, I've read a couple of pieces saying that the holdings of Justice Kennedy's liberal colleagues on First Amendment issues are a major contributor to his decision to leave. He looks at his colleagues on the left, and his colleagues on the right, and has decided he would rather have the fifth seat go to someone that looks like the ones on the right. Like Gorsuch, his former clerk.
                  τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    Because those darn conservative justices are bending the constitution to serve their own ends. Like upholding the first amendment, for one.

Incidentally, I've read a couple of pieces saying that the holdings of Justice Kennedy's liberal colleagues on First Amendment issues are a major contributor to his decision to leave. He looks at his colleagues on the left, and his colleagues on the right, and has decided he would rather have the fifth seat go to someone that looks like the ones on the right. Like Gorsuch, his former clerk.
                    Interesting.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post

An interesting take. He certainly isn't forced to leave, but at 80, he should be allowed to enjoy some years with family. He is a voice of moderation and I'm glad he voted with the liberals to strike down the Texas abortion clinic laws.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Comment

• kavanaugh is an excellent pick
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                            I've seen multiple FB posts where people actually believed that article and the quotes within it. Depressing, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                              I've seen multiple FB posts where people actually believed that article and the quotes within it. Depressing, really.
                              Are you stating we can't believe what's on the internet?
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Until I read FB last night and this morning. I had no idea so many of my friends were so well versed in not only constitutional law, but were able to so quickly digest Kavanaugh's decades of legal writings into a couple sentence summary of what they like/hate about the man. From now on I'm avoiding asking my looser lawyer friends legal questions, and relying upon the my more informed HS friends and ward members. #themoreyouknow

Comment

Working...
                                X