The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
    Speaking of mob justice...for over a hundred years (that’s a century for those keeping track at home), UT has held a pep rally called the torchlight parade on the Wednesday night before OU-Texas. True to its name, it involves thousands of students carrying torches in a winding route to the Tower, where the cheerleaders and band lead the rally.

Last year the parade was preceded by the tragic white-supremacist rally in Charlottesville, which also involved torches. In the interest of public relations, the University decided not to include the traditional torches in the rally. Makes sense, right? Too soon. Today the university announced it will never use torches again due to the “racist connotations and overtones.”
    Just don't use tiki torches and you're good. Charlottesville taught me that Nazis love tiki torches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
      Just don't use tiki torches and you're good. Charlottesville taught me that Nazis love tiki torches.
      Only liberals would call them nazis. Trumpists call them "very fine people."

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        Yes. I was relieved to hear they’re keeping the plastic leis, but disappointed to learn the torches have been replaced with neon glow sticks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
          Yes. I was relieved to hear they’re keeping the plastic leis, but disappointed to learn the torches have been replaced with neon glow sticks.
          Those trigger my PTSD because we've used them in military operations. I'm going to have to write someone.

Comment

• There's some video that has surfaced regarding the Kavanaugh event from high school, someone released a screenshot online:

teenwolfparty.jpg
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
              There's some video that has surfaced regarding the Kavanaugh event from high school, someone released a screenshot online:

[ATTACH]9051[/ATTACH]
              I think I remember that movie.

This is yet another lame, last minute attempt by the dems to stop from voting on Kavanaugh...

First, the Dems have been sitting on this letter for some time... (keeping it in secret from everyone and b*tching that the GOP'ers were slow in releasing other documents)
              The woman first approached the Democratic lawmakers when President Donald Trump nominated Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court in July, the report said.
              Why didn't they hand this over as soon as they found out about it?

Second, lots of counter character witnesses...
              Shortly after the report was published Friday morning, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, released a letter signed by 65 women who knew Kavanaugh in high school who wrote: "We are women who have known Brett Kavanaugh for more than 35 years and knew him while he attended high school between 1979 and 1983. For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect."
              https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...imself-n909626

It is an embarrassing time to be a democrat.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

This is yet another lame, last minute attempt by the dems to stop from voting on Kavanaugh...

First, the Dems have been sitting on this letter for some time... (keeping it in secret from everyone and b*tching that the GOP'ers were slow in releasing other documents)

sure, these tactics are annoying.

Sort of like not allowing a vote on the president's choice because there will be an election in 9 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                  sure, these tactics are annoying.

Sort of like not allowing a vote on the president's choice because there will be an election in 9 months.
                  So #whataboutobama is ok if it leans against Trump?
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    So #whataboutobama is ok if it leans against Trump?
                    it's more acceptable when you're using it to complain about both sides instead of using it as a justification for bad actions.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster
                      SO it is all acceptable, but more acceptable if it is used to complain about both sides. Got it.
                      It's just an observation.

Republicans are upset at what the dems are doing to delay a vote.

They didn't give a vote for a previous nominee to the court.

Voters should be annoyed by both sides.

Do you have a problem with my observation?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        It's just an observation.

Republicans are upset at what the dems are doing to delay a vote.

They didn't give a vote for a previous nominee to the court.

Voters should be annoyed by both sides.

Do you have a problem with my observation?
                        No. I regret bringing it up at all.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Particularly with respect to the judicial nominations and committee hearings. The fact that their interest in the law is limited exclusively to fearmongering re: roe v. wade, a forty-year-old precedent that will never be overturned, is kind of sad.

Comment

• It’s embarrassing to be either a Republican or Democrat. But it’s currently less embarrassing to be a democrat.

Sorry Ted.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              It’s embarrassing to be either a Republican or Democrat. But it’s currently less embarrassing to be a democrat.

Sorry Ted.
                              I was going to disagree until I remembered. Trump.

Comment

That settles it. No way I can ever be a SCOTUS judge. I doubt I could find 65 girls from high school that even knew my name.
                                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                                X