The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    Yes. This article I. Particular is sort of funny. “Debby was so nice and honest but Brett was just a mean drunk!” Thanks for that insight. You can tell which roommate ruled that roost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I liked when he said he doesn't have any other first hand knowledge that he feels comfortable to give when he offers no first hand knowledge of the event in question to begin with. But feels comfortable enough to speculate that Kavanaugh and his boys are totally capable of the accusation.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

• "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        BRING IN THE FBI!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

But his freshman roommate said he was a mean drunk and believes he is capable of committing the acts of which he is accused.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            BRING IN THE FBI!
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Don't you see that that is exactly the problem? If you can't possibly prove or disprove something like this, then Cardiac is right. It is grossly unfair and could be misused against anyone, regardless of circumstances. That doesn't disturb you?
              It disturbs me. It disturbs me that someone can come forward with a false story and damage a reputation. You know what else disturbs me, the systemic problems that have been in place longer than anyone on this board has been alive that have sent messages to men and women that men own women's bodies. It has perpetrated the problem of sexual assault being minimized and the under reporting of assaults that have happened.

We are now seeing an over correction. It is a shame innocent people suffer in this. It is also a shame that so many women have been unsafe throughout their lives and the ways that they have to behave to remain safe.

Patriarchy is damaging to both men and women. Unfortunately, the men that are having false allegations levied against them now are seeing the ways it is damaging to men.

[INSERT COMMENT BY JEFF LEBOWSKI ABOUT "VIRTUE SIGNALING" OR "SJW" HERE]
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Part of me wants Kav (who is conservative but not crazy conservative) to bow out and then have a very conservative person nominated and confirmed. Maybe then the Dems will learn.

They vilified Romney in 2012 only to end up with Trump in 2016. They are deserving everything they are getting and more.
                I agree that turning everyone into a villain has been incredibly damaging and basically got us an admitted sexual assaulter as our President. Mitt Romney was unfairly maligned throughout his candidacy.

I can't get on board with you people deserve Trump or deserve an incredibly conservative justice that will make decisions that will damage the rights of women and the LGBTQ for decades to come. Kavanaugh is awful, but it could be worse. I kind of hope that he just gets confirmed because of the possible worse options.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                  It disturbs me. It disturbs me that someone can come forward with a false story and damage a reputation. You know what else disturbs me, the systemic problems that have been in place longer than anyone on this board has been alive that have sent messages to men and women that men own women's bodies. It has perpetrated the problem of sexual assault being minimized and the under reporting of assaults that have happened.

We are now seeing an over correction. It is a shame innocent people suffer in this. It is also a shame that so many women have been unsafe throughout their lives and the ways that they have to behave to remain safe.

Patriarchy is damaging to both men and women. Unfortunately, the men that are having false allegations levied against them now are seeing the ways it is damaging to men.

An interesting point. An ethical question I have pondered, and changed my opinion on, over the years is what is an acceptable false positive to alleviate crime or a behavior?

* If the death penalty was such a strong deterrent that it could lead to the end of murder (i think it has little to no quantifiable effect, personally). How many innocent men dying would be acceptable for the greater good? Zero seems the idealistic answer, even 1/100 seem way to high. However what if it was 1/100,000? If a 100 thousand men were put to death, and 99,999 "deserved" it, would one innocent life be worth to prevent all future murders?

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    An interesting point. An ethical question I have pondered, and changed my opinion on, over the years is what is an acceptable false positive to alleviate crime or a behavior?

* If the death penalty was such a strong deterrent that it could lead to the end of murder (i think it has little to no quantifiable effect, personally). How many innocent men dying would be acceptable for the greater good? Zero seems the idealistic answer, even 1/100 seem way to high. However what if it was 1/100,000? If a 100 thousand men were put to death, and 99,999 "deserved" it, would one innocent life be worth to prevent all future murders?
                    You don't think that virtually every policy that affects life, every single one, is imperfect and results in loss or damage to life of persons that dont deserve it? At the policy implementation level there are always going to be assumed error rates. Always.
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                      You don't think that virtually every policy that affects life, every single one, is imperfect and results in loss or damage to life of persons that dont deserve it? At the policy implementation level there are always going to be assumed error rates. Always.
                      I absolutely know this and expect it. In fact 75% of the tests I do are because a patient had a false positive (risk factor) on a screening test. The question as it relates to Kav and sexual assault is what is the acceptable false positive percentage?

Comment

• There must be even more kids than usual on the monkey's front lawn today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          I absolutely know this and expect it. In fact 75% of the tests I do are because a patient had a false positive (risk factor) on a screening test. The question as it relates to Kav and sexual assault is what is the acceptable false positive percentage?
                          It all depends. It's always a balancing act.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            What happened to Avennatis victim? I hope it ends up being stormy Daniels.
                            It looks like Avenatti and the dems got trolled... and then he shut down his twitter account.

Was The Avenatti Bombshell Witness Claim All The Result Of A Well Executed 4Chan Prank?

The accusations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh have really brought out the desperation from Democrats and their pet media, but this latest piece of news floating around about the Avanetti scandal may really highlight just how bad they need a win.

As Streiff wrote on Sunday, former Stormy Daniels lawyer Micahel Avanetti announced on Twitter that he had “credible information” surrounding the sexual behavior of Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge. So good was the evidence that Avenatti said that he was demanding the opportunity to testify in order to give the evidence to judiciary committee and that all confirmation proceedings should be halted.

So confident was Avanetti that he appeared on MSNBC to tell Rachel Maddow all about it, as Alex Parker highlighted, and trumpeted his witness as some kind of Kavanaugh killer. He played it up on Twitter like this would be the story of the year.
                            [...]
                            According to a user on 4Chan, he and his girlfriend were behind Avenatti’s claims about having a bombshell witness, only the entire thing was a total prank. As he highlights in his thread, the man and his girlfriend used burner phones to convince Avanetti that the girlfriend had sex with Kavanaugh and Judge at the same time. She tells Avenatti to call another number belonging to the boyfriend, who acts as a classmate of Kavanaugh’s from his high school days and confirms everything.

Before they’re done, Avenatti is so desperate to have her come forward that he has offered the girlfriend $75,000 in order to appear on Anderson Cooper’s show on CNN. At that point, the 4Chan user claims he and his girlfriend backed off.

You can read the post for yourself below, but be warned, there is graphic language and sexual content.
                            [...]
                            https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...d-4chan-prank/
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              It looks like Avenatti and the dems got trolled... and then he shut down his twitter account.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...d-4chan-prank/
                              If true, that’s sick and funny at the same time.
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

The reason for the false allegations is not the history of unsafe women you blather on about like you are Alex P. Keaton trying to get into Courtney Cox's knickers, it is the result of our win at all costs partisan brinkmanship. Clearly, this attack gets more benefit for the left so they are likely to use it more often.
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X