The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Add that to a picture of a guy on a tractor and you have half of Lebowski's Facebook feed.
    Ha. Tone deaf as usual.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Who doesn't like tractors?
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        Who doesn't like tractors?
        SU. And Gouverneur Morris, it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Ha. Tone deaf as usual.
          Cliche
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
            SU. And Gouverneur Morris, it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            No. He's the one who wanted life terms for senators as well as judges.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
              Who doesn't like tractors?
              Just be careful; you might catch gonorrhea.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                Just be careful; you might catch gonorrhea.
                Haha. Just watched that one this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Probably not worth a discussion here, but I'm curious what this right would look like. Since the 14th Amendment was still 70+ years away, should the feds have been obligated to educate the country? And why not a constitutional right to education and health care, but not food and shelter, which are even more essential?
                  What would a constitutional right to health care look like in the late 1700's? Government-funded blood-letting? Free opium and mercury for everyone? Lol.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

What would a constitutional right to health care look like in the late 1700's? Government-funded blood-letting? Free opium and mercury for everyone? Lol.
                    I'm listening...
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

The framers screwed up various ways. One was enshrining slavery in the Constitution, another was omitting a constitutional right to a minimum standard of education and health care.
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Theodoric of York, Medieval Barber! They should have included a dental plan as well; poor George.

Comment

• There was plenty of legitimate and helpful healthcare, including vaccinations, in the late eighteenth century.

Today, we carry on a pretense of guaranteeing education and healthcare, though it’s not rooted in the Constitution, and as a result minimal standards are lacking.

In Washington, our Supreme Court has insisted injunctions and fines against the State for violating our State Constitution’s guarantee to provide an eduction. It’s made a big difference. Compensation and resources and as a result quality of eduction have improvised all over the state.

As Cowboy has explained, federal law requires a hospital to provide necessary treatments to indigents.

However, as has been discussed here, these vital services and opportunities are provided on a grossly inconsistent and inefficient basis.

I have demonstrated my libertarian principles here. But comparing eduction and health care to broadband is super obnoxious. Apparently, All-American is still a child.

There is widespread poverty and misery in this country that is the product of racism. In my opinion, the biggest problem is the cycle of poverty grounded in historic racism. Current systemic racism exists in the public eduction system, which perpetuates historic racism. The way public education is financed needs to be changed. The lack of a constitutional right impedes this. Inequality starts with inequality in eduction.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Shallow as usual.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• And lest we forget, federal judges should have term limits and mandatory retirement.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

There was plenty of legitimate and helpful healthcare, including vaccinations, in the late eighteenth century.
                                Knock it off. The US constitution was signed in 1787. The world's first vaccination occurred in England in 1796. Medicine was a joke until the mid to late nineteenth century - it probably did as much harm as it did good.

Comment

Working...
                                X