No announcement yet.

The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone needs to get better control over their handmaid...

R3PHC_uxS3U4r0ACOUwmbzpzva7t51ed3vLsT5EW2YI.jpg

How did she get into the Kavanaugh hearing?
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I don't want to admit this was my favorite yesterday, but it made me chuckle a bit:

download.jpg
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Speaking of protestors, this idiot was effectively dealt with:

I think the congressman got the idea from her selfie stick which looks like the thing you hold at an auction.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          I don't want to admit this was my favorite yesterday, but it made me chuckle a bit:

[ATTACH]9020[/ATTACH]
          I can't get over the fact that people are still believing that she was flashing a white supremacist sign and are tweeting about it. Good grief, how stupid have we become?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Even dumber than that, I promise you.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              I can't get over the fact that people are still believing that she was flashing a white supremacist sign and are tweeting about it. Good grief, how stupid have we become?
              Many of the tweets I read from unhinged lefties: "no one just sits there with their hands like that!" When I'm sitting around in church or some other place where I'm doing nothing with my hands, I pay little attention to the position of my individual fingers. I'm pretty sure I've looked down a couple times and my finger was inadvertently in the same position as the waitress from Seinfeld.

the-waitress-flips-off-george-s6-e3.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Let’s get this discussion in the correct thread.

Hey frank, any other Mexican born Americans making white power hand signals today?
                So why are you asking me that?

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  So why are you asking me that?
                  I think he confused this issue with your much more principled stand against Kavanaugh based on Kavanaugh's failure to shake some guy's hand.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Kavanaugh should have answered the question when asked if he'd had conversations about the Mueller investigation with Trump's personal lawyer. He didn't come off well there. If he didn't have such a conversation, just say no. That was troubling.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 09-06-2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                      Kavanaugh should have answered the question when asked if he'd had conversations about the Mueller investigation with Trump's personal lawyer. He didn't come off well there. If he didn't have such a conversation, just say no. That was troubling.

Didn't come off well?...

“I’m not sure I know everyone who works at that law firm,” Kavanaugh told Harris.
                      [...]
                      Kavanaugh did admit to speaking with his fellow judges about Mueller’s probe given the media attention it has received and its continuation.
                      He is not sure if he knows anyone that works there. I am not sure if I know anyone that works there either.

I think the senator from Utah explained that pretty well...

Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, interjected during the exchange to assert there was no way for Kavanaugh to know the full roster of people who work at specific law firms in D.C.

"Law firms have a lot of names, there are a lot of people who work at law firms," Lee said. “They’re like rabbits, they spawn new firms.”
                      https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...y-trump-lawyer

I would have said they are more like bacterial inflections.

When is Mueller going to release the proof that the Ruskies rig the election? Come on... he has been working on this crap for two years. The public demands to see the proof that we spent all this money on. I am getting tired of eating these nothing burgers!
                      Last edited by Uncle Ted; 09-06-2018, 07:23 AM.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Didn't come off well?...

He is not sure if he knows anyone that works there. I am not sure if I know anyone that works there either.

I think the senator from Utah explained that pretty well...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...y-trump-lawyer

I would have said they are more like bacterial inflections.

When is Mueller going to release the proof that the Ruskies rig the election? Come on... he has been working on this crap for two years. The public demands to see the proof that we spent all this money on. I am getting tired of eating these nothing burgers!
                        Who works there wasn't the question. Nice try.

Just say no if the answer is no. What's wrong with that?

Just say yes, I've had conversations with people about the Mueller investigation, but not aware of any I've had with lawyers who work for Trump.

Not that hard.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 09-06-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Kavanaugh should have answered the question when asked if he'd had conversations about the Mueller investigation with Trump's personal lawyer. He didn't come off well there. If he didn't have such a conversation, just say no. That was troubling.
                          I agree. It was a good question.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Who works there wasn't the question. Nice try.

Just say no if the answer is no. What's wrong with that?

Just say yes, I've had conversations with people about the Mueller investigation, but not aware of any I've had with lawyers who work for Trump.

Not that hard.
                            He had conversations about the mueller investigation just like I have lots of conversation about the mueller investigation. He doesn’t know if he had a conversation with a lawyer that works for drumpf’s law firm and thinks he doesn’t knows any one that works there. That is his answer. It isn’t a yes or no question because he doesn’t know. Do you know everyone that works there or has worked there? If not, how do you expect him to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Are you talking about that weird exchange with Kamala Harris? She needs to freaking get to the point. total vaguebooking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                He had conversations about the mueller investigation just like I have lots of conversation about the mueller investigation. He doesn’t know if he had a conversation with a lawyer that works for drumpf’s law firm and thinks he doesn’t knows any one that works there. That is his answer. It isn’t a yes or no question because he doesn’t know. Do you know everyone that works there or has worked there? If not, how do you expect him to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that's not how he answered it.

And you having had conversations about it is inconsequential. That's not the case for a sitting federal judge of a court that could very well have an official capacity regarding it at some point. He would know if he'd had conversations about it with people who matter, and with whom it would have been appropriate or inappropriate to talk to about it. I doubt he'd be that haphazard.
                                Last edited by BlueK; 09-06-2018, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X