The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
    Didn't Ford say she was drinking too? Cuts both ways, I'd say, except it doesn't really cut either way at all.
    for what lifetime appointment has she been nominated?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      for what lifetime appointment has she been nominated?
      Right, because THAT was what was wrong with the argument.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
        I don't want to brag but my first guess of which former CSer posted it was correct.
        Ha. Me too#

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          Ha. Me too#
          Ditto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
            I don't want to brag but my first guess of which former CSer posted it was correct.
            The poster formerly known as nikuman?
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              He sounds like the adult in the room. Trumpers seems to hate the guy but he votes in line with Trump as much as anybody, so I dont know why they hate him so much. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...re/jeff-flake/
              They hate him because every six months or so he gives a speech on the Senate floor criticizing some of Trump's idiocies like using Maoist and Stalinist terms to talk about the press. Then he goes back to voting with Trump 90% of the time. That speech or that 10% makes him an enemy of the people or something like that because Trump is too effing insecure to tolerate a Senator speaking his mind if it doesn't include mindless praise of the naked emperor.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                They hate him because every six months or so he gives a speech on the Senate floor criticizing some of Trump's idiocies like using Maoist and Stalinist terms to talk about the press. Then he goes back to voting with Trump 90% of the time. That speech or that 10% makes him an enemy of the people or something like that because Trump is too effing insecure to tolerate a Senator speaking his mind if it doesn't include mindless praise of the naked emperor.
                So basically he doesn't act like Hatch?
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Analysis of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's Allegations by Rachel Mitchell... TL;DR: A nice version of "Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!"

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Analysis of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's Allegations by Rachel Mitchell... TL;DR: A nice version of "Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!"
                    Yes definitely TL;DR. But I did skim the first little bit. What's this preponderance of evidence standard? That's something I'm interested in hearing more about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      The poster formerly known as nikuman?
                      http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1383175
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        Yes definitely TL;DR. But I did skim the first little bit. What's this preponderance of evidence standard? That's something I'm interested in hearing more about.
                        I think it is a "weak sauce" burden of proof... in other words, she is saying there is not enough there to even get the scales to tip a little.
                        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          I think it is a "weak sauce" burden of proof... in other words, she is saying there is not enough there to even get the scales to tip a little.
                          Well preponderance of evidence means 51%, or more likely than not. This is the standard used in civil cases. I'm wondering what she's arguing--is this standard being used in the confirmation at all? If so, that's pretty silly. We'll only disqualify someone if they exceed that standard?

Comment

• The only standard is enough Senators that believe he's qualified and a good choice. Each one of them can use whatever judgment they want to decide that. Blame the Constitution if you don't like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              Well preponderance of evidence means 51%, or more likely than not. This is the standard used in civil cases. I'm wondering what she's arguing--is this standard being used in the confirmation at all? If so, that's pretty silly. We'll only disqualify someone if they exceed that standard?
                              She mentioned how her background is in the legal field, so she was going to use legal terms, etc. Preponderance is the lowest bar for proof, the easiest standard to meet.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Human memory just isn't very reliable, and it certainly isn't as reliable as we *think* it is.
                                We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Working...
                                X