Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Sounds like leaving work and not being able to listen anymore was perfect timing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    He is being too abrasive and reactionary in his responses. You would expect a SCOTUS nominee to have more composure.
    Gee good thing he's not drunk at a party being rejected by some girl or something...
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Klobuchar not asking about the yearbook. SAD!
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Then he lied at the least about never being too inebriated to remember events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. I think that's a possibility.

Great. Now we're reviewing freshman year college roomate stories.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

More armchair, he is not handling the questions about alcohol well....

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Time for a vote. It appears Kav has won over all the women of America

Good grief. Repeating the same questions back to the person asking them looks petty.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post

Time for a vote. It appears Kav has won over all the women of America

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

By the way he really looks like a 'Brett' in that picture. ^

So dumb to ask him to "open the FBI investigation".
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    Yep. I think that's a possibility.
    I realize that is a possibility. See, I said no matter what your position means there was a lie. You said maybe he was too inebriated to recall. I pointed out that this means he was lying about never being too inebriated to remember.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

I realize that is a possibility. See, I said no matter what your position means there was a lie. You said maybe he was too inebriated to recall. I pointed out that this means he was lying about never being too inebriated to remember.
    This is why people hate lawyers.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    This is why people hate lawyers.
    Oh, heck, people hate me for a lot of reasons besides this.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Oh, heck, people hate me for a lot of reasons besides this.
    I don't doubt it, my furry friend.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    I don't doubt it, my furry friend.
    If you could kindly refrain from referring to that member in polite company, we would all appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    By the way he really looks like a 'Brett' in that picture. ^
    With perhaps one notable exception, this is an excellent observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    If you could kindly refrain from referring to that member in polite company, we would all appreciate it.
    So no problem using it in this community.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yay! Return to high school questions!

Again, his condescending attitude towards senators does not look good for him. Yes, questions are idiotic. But senators are already thought of as laughingstocks. Don't judges have a better standing in public opinion? He needs to be more professional.

Why are they asking him about an FBI investigation?

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    That comment was in really bad taste, and creekster is going to be super pissed.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Again, his condescending attitude towards senators does not look good for him. Yes, questions are idiotic. But senators are already thought of as laughingstocks. Don't judges have a better standing in public opinion? He needs to be more professional.
    Drive that point home!

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Drive that point home!
    Will do!

Just really surprised that he's not composing himself better.

Hurry, someone check whether George Brett was in left field or on third base. Catch him in a lie!

Quote Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
    Hurry, someone check whether George Brett was in left field or on third base. Catch him in a lie!
    Or maybe he was too smashed to recall. Continue to pursue this line of questioning!

Will do!

I'm not surprised. He's is composed, he is just combative.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Will do!

No, drive home the point that senators are laughingstocks. Go Judge Brett, go!!!

One question: Did they ever make public the definition of sexual behavior to which the Rebub's presecutor referred? If not, why not? Cover-up?

Faith crisis consultant SeattleUte's Avatar

Grading on the curve, I give his opening a B+. My comparison is Justice Thomas’s speech, which I thought was spectacular. A+. It saved him. I recall he didn’t read it, and it was full of metaphor, detail, allusions, passion and rage. A supremely intelligent and well delivered speech that drew on his challenges as a black man who was born into poverty. He powerfully identified himself as a victim of prejudices against black males. (Of courses, Kavanough’s privileged background is coming out strongly in the hearings, even as he reviews his calendar, etc., so he doesn’t have some advantages Thomas had.)

But I think that Kavanaugh’s responses to the questions are C or C+. The eye rolling and disgusted looks, fighting with the questioner, do not make a good witness. He should know that.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift