Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    At a minimum, the vote will be delayed. Ford came across as credible. No way the on-the-fence republican senators not ask for more investigation or to subpoena Kavanaugh's friend. It's likely that at least 1-2 of them are going to vote 'no' anyways, but will ask for more time as an excuse.

Will be interesting to see Kavanaugh's testimony now.
    He was a little over the top in the Fox interview presenting the image of the pristine choir boy who only cared about sports and school and church. Then when others came forward with differing impressions of him, he backtracked and admitted there was also some drinking and partying. That doesn't come across well.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    For those that watched was there any new information shared by Ford or was it just restating her story in a firm, emotive manner? Did she address the denials from everyone else she'd named as being at the party?
    Nothing new. She came across as very credible. She minimized the other witnesses by saying all but Judge were unaware of the attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I also think Ford comes off as very credible.
    Other than being very weird about flying in airplanes and the lack of multiple front doors she does seem credible (the multiple front door thing I still don't understand). A very credible person would have said something to someone within 30 years of the incident, IMHO.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    He was a little over the top in the Fox interview presenting the image of the pristine choir boy who only cared about sports and school and church. Then when others came forward with differing impressions of him, he backtracked and admitted there was also some drinking and partying. That doesn't come across well.
    I think that is an unfair characterization. He said in the interview that he had acted poorly in HS but had nit done the things alleged. The networks are only playing the latter statement, not the preliminary comments about his prior behavior.

PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    Nothing new. She came across as very credible. She minimized the other witnesses by saying all but Judge were unaware of the attack.

So still no info on the date, location or whose house it was? My understanding was that her friend she named as being at the party said she wasn't there and doesn't even know Kavanaugh.

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post
    So still no info on the date, location or whose house it was? My understanding was that her friend she named as being at the party said she wasn't there and doesn't even know Kavanaugh.
    Correct. The one thing that was new AFAIK was her identification of the friend that introduced her to the Kavanaugh/Judge group. She didn't give the guy's name, but said it was the same person that Whelan had identified as the possible attacker that she had mistaken for Kavanaugh.

Also, she claimed to run into Judge in a local Safeway 6-8 weeks later where he was an employee. She asserted that if only she could have access to his employment information she could probably narrow down the possible date range.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

I think that is an unfair characterization. He said in the interview that he had acted poorly in HS but had nit done the things alleged. The networks are only playing the latter statement, not the preliminary comments about his prior behavior.

Count me in as one who thought the Fox interview hurt more than helped Kavanaugh. In general, he didn't interview well. His repeated 'respect and dignity for women' phrase came off as forced. And then offering he was a virgin until sometime later seemed like an unforced error. If he wasn't getting action with all that alcohol exposure, that's just embarrassing.

Count me in as one who thought the Fox interview hurt more than helped Kavanaugh. In general, he didn't interview well. His repeated 'respect and dignity for women' phrase came off as forced. And then offering he was a virgin until sometime later seemed like an unforced error. If he wasn't getting action with all that alcohol exposure, that's just embarrassing.
    No question he is not a great interview. That is not the characterization I was disputing.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Correct. The one thing that was new AFAIK was her identification of the friend that introduced her to the Kavanaugh/Judge group. She didn't give the guy's name, but said it was the same person that Whelan had identified as the possible attacker that she had mistaken for Kavanaugh.

Also, she claimed to run into Judge in a local Safeway 6-8 weeks later where he was an employee. She asserted that if only she could have access to his employment information she could probably narrow down the possible date range.
    Apparently Mark Judge mentioned in (one of) his book(s) that he worked at Safeway as a bag boy the summer before his senior year... no employment records needed.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Apparently Mark Judge mentioned in (one of) his book(s) that he worked at Safeway as a bag boy the summer before his senior year... no employment records needed.
    Geez you must be with the FBI! Cause that's what she needed them to find out.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Kavanaugh is pissed and it is showing in his statement..

Not sure if it will go in his favor publicly. But I understand his anger..

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    Kavanaugh is pissed and it is showing in his statement..

Not sure if it will go in his favor publicly. But I understand his anger..

Yeah he looks very angry.

Just when I thought Dr. Ford had a witness to back her story...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Yeah he looks very angry.
    His entire career is in jeopardy. Hard to blame him.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    His entire career is in jeopardy. Hard to blame him.
    Nope.

Wow he is now in rage mode.

Holding no punches in calling out Demís for this mockery..

I look forward to the back and forth about to take place..

His emotions and anger I find just as credible as her.

Him speaking about his Mother with emotions is heartfelt.. Well played.

I've got to say, Ford's glasses look kind of like joke glasses.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I can't handle this. If he's innocent, I just can't comprehend Ford knowingly lying. She has no reason to. But he seems very sincere.

I see Fordís Lawyer directly behind Kavanaugh on his right shoulder..

Interesting to watch his facial expressions..

I can't handle this. If he's innocent, I just can't comprehend Ford knowingly lying. She has no reason to. But he seems very sincere.
    Maybe for the $$$$... there is always money.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Because memories aren't always based in facts. She could completely believe what she said. It doesn't mean it happened. This is why the polygraph is stupid.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

you don't think she will come out ahead financially?
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    you don't think she will come out ahead financially?
    She is a professor. She's affiliated with Stanford medical school. What kind of money would she need to make upending her life for this worth it?

His calendar and journal is very detailed and huge proof to his life in question and a habit he has had only strengthen this habit.. These things cannot be denied..

She is a professor. She's affiliated with Stanford medical school. What kind of money would she need to make upending her life for this worth it?
    Do you think multiple front doors are cheap?
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Don't pretend to know her financial accomplishments. She could be have been an investor in Theranos.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Quote Originally Posted by dabrockster View Post
    His calendar and journal is very detailed and huge proof to his life in question and a habit he has had only strengthen this habit.. These things cannot be denied..

The calendar thing is weak IMO. I know it's evidence, and I know he has to try to disprove the assault happening on any day during that time in question. But it still seems like he's relying on it a lot.

Default The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

The calendar thing is weak IMO. I know it's evidence, and I know he has to try to disprove the assault happening on any day during that time in question. But it still seems like he's relying on it a lot.
    Of course he is relying on it! It is an historical record of his life in question.

While she is vague and going off memory that has not been Corroborated by anyone..

I find it solid vs. recollection..