Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 1,081 to 1,093 of 1093

Thread: The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

"If this were a dictatorship it would be a heck of a lot easier... as long as I'm the dictator."
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace, than to risk peace in pursuit of politics. --President Donald J. Trump

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Kavanaugh likes beer... This fish likes beer:

This fish must have sexually assaulted other fish. He should never be a supreme court justice.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    RBG has probably already had her husband.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I don't know if this is true but I hope RBG's not having a serious battle with cancer... F' cancer.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the US Supreme Court in January, 2019

While the Nation is preoccupied with the appointment of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy, it appears there will soon be another vacancy on the US Supreme Court

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has had a re-occurrence of malignant melanoma, she has told her law clerks. Ginsburg was treated in 1999 for colon cancer and had surgery in 2009 for pancreatic cancer.

She has told key Democratic members of the Senate about her medical condition, including ranking Democratic member of the Judiciary Committee Dianne Feinstein. This explains in part the "take no prisoners" attitude of the Democrats during the Kavanaugh nomination, carefully orchestrating weak 37 year old allegations against Kavanaugh by Women he barely remembers knowing in High School and College.
    [...]
    https://www.smobserved.com/story/201...2019/3658.html
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Wow. The left is going to lose their minds.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I don't know if this is true but I hope RBG's not having a serious battle with cancer... F' cancer.

https://www.smobserved.com/story/201...2019/3658.html
    Not seeing this reported anywhere else. Hard to believe that this one outlet would be the only one reporting, if true.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Not seeing this reported anywhere else. Hard to believe that this one outlet would be the only one reporting, if true.
    I expect Justice Ginsburg will hold on until her dying breath, if not longer.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

https://www.smobserved.com/story/201...news/3766.html

Yeah that’s a weird right wing “news” site — then again they were reporting this back in September and now she gets a lobectomy of her lung. Sounds like she has metastatic cancer to me.

Ginsburg missing Supreme Court arguments for 1st time

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years as she recuperates from cancer surgery last month, the Supreme Court said.

Ginsburg was not on the bench as the court met Monday to hear arguments. It was not clear when she would return to the court, which will hear more cases on Tuesday and Wednesday, and again next week.

Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said the 85-year-old justice is continuing to recuperate and work from home after doctors removed two cancerous growths from her left lung on Dec. 21.

Ginsburg was discharged from a New York hospital on Dec. 25.

Chief Justice John Roberts said in the courtroom Monday that Ginsburg would participate in deciding the argued cases “on the basis of the briefs and transcripts of oral arguments.”
    [...]
    https://www.apnews.com/b1d7eb8384ef44099d63fde057c4172c

Any normal person would retire and enjoy their remaining days... not RBG!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Just let me be the first to say that Amy Coney Barrett (or whoever Drumpf nominates) had a beer and touched me inappropriately. I don't remember where or when exactly it was but please remember to visit my gofundme page.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Trump's admin likes to create as much chaos as possible.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap