No announcement yet.

The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL... dumb Dems are freaking out because Lindsey Graham gives a rape victim some good advice that someone should have given Dr. Ford 30+ years ago: "I'm sorry, tell a cop."

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Looks like the vote is going ahead... and some dems are breaking ranks:

BREAKING: We Have The Votes

With the Senate Judiciary Committee holding a vote at 9:30 A.M. tomorrow, a Senate insider has told Townhall that Kavanaugh has the votes to make it out of committee and the votes to be confirmed on the floor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. Sens. Flake (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Manchin (D-WV) are expected to vote in favor of Kavanaugh. All the Republicans are voting yes. Also, in the rumor mill, several Democrats may break ranks and back Kavanaugh. That’s the ball game, folks.
      [...]
      https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...votes-n2523402

Your liberal friends may need a hug today... but don't hug them in private because they may accuse you of rape or something 30+ years later.

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
        Then he lied at the least about never being too inebriated to remember events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        As a person more than familiar with the doors of AA, who has heard the stories and collected the chips, I can assure you that BK is a man who is not being square about his former dependency.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Looks like the vote is going ahead... and some dems are breaking ranks:
          Good, and he should be confirmed. I probably feel this way more out of disgust for how Feinstein handled all of this. I’d feel differently if someone, anyone could lend an ounce of corroboration to Fords story, but even her lifelong friend torpedoed that with her written testimony.

I winder how much longer RBG will last. She obviously won’t retire with Trump as president but if he gets four more years will she kick the bucket by then? Would be funny to see Mike Lee nominated to take her spot.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
            Yes, this is 100% politics. Democrats want to stall until after the mid-terms and the polls will determine the outcome. But Republican complaints about that ring hollow, after they held Scalia’s seat open for what, 10 months.

I’m disgusted with everybody.
            Yeah, the GOP'ers should have held a nice, long hearing on Merrick Garland and then voted to reject him... they were being way too nice.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
              As a person more than familiar with the doors of AA, who has heard the stories and collected the chips, I can assure you that BK is a man who is not being square about his former dependency.
              I find your statement interesting as it only objects to his drinking problem and not the issue of sexual assault..

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                I find your statement interesting as it only objects to his drinking problem and not the issue of sexual assault..

Many people set out to drink because it lowers inhibitions. It plays out at closing time in millions of bars every night throughout the world. People hook up, men and women alike, and unfortunately sometimes guys confuse lowered inhibitions with license. When people are drunk, they don't ask permission and it only seems like sexual assault in the light of sobriety. I don't mean to trivialize sexual assault, but alcohol is a bastard and it brings out our most base thoughts and actions. So when I speak of people with drinking problems who regularly attend alcohol fueled parties I naturally assume there is an accompanying sexual component. Promiscuity goes hand in hand with alcohol abuse.
                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Your liberal friends may need a hug today... but don't hug them in private because they may accuse you of rape or something 30+ years later.
                  If you have an account, this is Twitter gold.
                  sigpic
                  "Outlined against a blue, gray
                  October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                  Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Many people set out to drink because it lowers inhibitions. It plays out at closing time in millions of bars every night throughout the world. People hook up, men and women alike, and unfortunately sometimes guys confuse lowered inhibitions with license. When people are drunk, they don't ask permission and it only seems like sexual assault in the light of sobriety. I don't mean to trivialize sexual assault, but alcohol is a bastard and it brings out our most base thoughts and actions. So when I speak of people with drinking problems who regularly attend alcohol fueled parties I naturally assume there is an accompanying sexual component. Promiscuity goes hand in hand with alcohol abuse.
                    I'm honestly alarmed people don't know that. It's one of the most nefarious things about alcohol.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                      If you have an account, this is Twitter gold.

It's not

Comment

Thanks for the additional information. This brings to light a issue that hides in the darkness.

As they say.. “Liquid Courage”... Sadly, this can and does turn an individual as you state.

Comment

Yeah, the GOP'ers should have held a nice, long hearing on Merrick Garland and then voted to reject him... they were being way too nice.
                          They held out for 10 months because they knew their was on way in hell they could reject him without looking like hypocritical assholes, especially Hatch. Of course, they still ended up looking like hypocritical assholes, especially Hatch.

Merrick Garland would have made a fantastic justice on the Supreme Court. It is a real shame he isn't on the court.

Both sides have acted despicably with Supreme Court nominees the GOP has just been the one winning the battles.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                            I'm honestly alarmed people don't know that. It's one of the most nefarious things about alcohol.
                            In my opinion, its not that people don’t know about it but is looked upon differently. It is minimized and empathized as a action the person would never do if they had not drank..

I think the charade yesterday missed the mark on this very subject and determining if he is an alcoholic would have been a valid discussion relating to the revaluation that he likes to drink.

A follow-up question for Non-Sequistor. Can a person of his mental fortitude and high profession be such a high functioning drunk? Or is it your opinion this was something in his past?

Comment

At least they would have been following the Constitution doing it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                                At least they would have been following the Constitution doing it that way.
                                The GOP loves the constitution and believes it must be interpreted literally, well, except when it doesn't benefit them then we can throw it out.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X