No announcement yet.

The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Ha. Excellent response.

Comment

But what also floats?
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-nev..._copyURL_share

Just FYI. Not an endorsement of this perspective.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• The rise and the reckoning: Inside Brett Kavanaugh’s circles of influence

What an SOB. He made friends in high school and they remained friends afterward. Judge Brett must go down!

We need some more hearings to fully explore this travesty.

Classmate William Fishburne recalled Kavanaugh as an academic standout, a popular jock. But he also recalled a different side of Kavanaugh.

Fishburne was short and heard more than his share of short jokes on campus. He was also a star in high school debate, and he said Kavanaugh “liked to call me a master debater,” but he’d say it in such a way that others heard “masturbator” — the kind of schoolyard teasing that brought easy laughs, but also humiliated the recipient.

“The whole group there did not treat me well,” Fishburne said. “Brett was a jerk.”
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• And why are so many people so trusting of polygraphs? Good hell, people.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Oh snap! Looking worse and worse for Ford.
                  Last edited by Moliere; 10-05-2018, 07:06 AM.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Please fix your tweet tags!
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

https://twitter.com/mccormackjohn/st...614493186?s=21

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        And why are so many people so trusting of polygraphs? Good hell, people.

Because the guy who wrote Wonder Women invented them?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-nev..._copyURL_share

I thought of you when Clay Travis went off on the NYT and their coverage of Kavanaugh.

I agree with that editorial.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

• Same ex FBI friend that said Dr. Ford didn't help her prepare for a polygraph.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-nev..._copyURL_share

That's a good editorial. Do you not endorse it? I was struck and a little surprised by this comment:

Mr. Trump’s rhetoric is too often divisive and dissembling, but no action in his Presidency comes close to matching the partisan viciousness of the Senate ambush of Brett Kavanaugh. These are today’s Democratic norms.
                              I think this may be true, but I am curious what some of the anti trump and anti kavanaugh folks think of this opinion.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                That's a good editorial. Do you not endorse it? I was struck and a little surprised by this comment:

I think this may be true, but I am curious what some of the anti trump and anti kavanaugh folks think of this opinion.
                                I wish Romney had won in 2012.

Comment

Working...
                                X