Mole problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mole problem

For the first time ever, I'm having a mole problem this year. Several hundred square feet of the yard on one side of the house is torn up and covered in mole runs and mole hills. It appears an entire colony sprung up over the relatively mild winter.

Any suggestions for getting rid of them? Researching my options, it looks like I can do poison (looks most promising) or traps. The traps don't look like they'd work very well, especially with the size of the infestation I've got.

Flood them out
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      Flood them out
      Using a garden hose?

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
        Flood them out
        Dynamite.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          Dynamite.
          You use that after the water chases them out of the holes.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I have a problem with most of the mole at Red Iguana. way overrated. Amarillo is pretty good, though.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              I have a problem with most of the mole at Red Iguana. way overrated. Amarillo is pretty good, though.
              Agree on the Red Iguana.

They do a pipian mole at Diego's every now and then that is very tasty. Definitely not a problem.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Put peanut butter on a mouse trap near one of their holes then cover it with a large ceramic pot or bowl so that the trap is dark during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
                  Using a garden hose?
                  [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lYm0c7gYyU"]Caddy Shack Gopher Scene - YouTube[/nomedia]
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Use one of the smoke things. They never work but they are fun.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Once you kill a critter in its tunnel, just bury the body there. As a warning to the other moles.

Also, look to your neighbor. No sense clearing out the moles when your neighbor doesn't get rid of his. They'll just reinfect.

Comment

For the first time ever, I'm having a mole problem this year. Several hundred square feet of the yard on one side of the house is torn up and covered in mole runs and mole hills. It appears an entire colony sprung up over the relatively mild winter.

Any suggestions for getting rid of them? Researching my options, it looks like I can do poison (looks most promising) or traps. The traps don't look like they'd work very well, especially with the size of the infestation I've got.
                        Traps.

I have a problem with most of the mole at Red Iguana.
                        Did you see Cindy Crawford while you were there?
                        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                          Did you see Cindy Crawford while you were there?
                          ::snicker:::

Comment

Sounds like you're making a mountain out of this.

I'd poison.
                            "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                            -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Agree on the Red Iguana.
                              If it's so overrated then why did Guy Fieri say it was 'off the hook?'

Comment

Working...
                              X