Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    If it's so overrated then why did Guy Fieri say it was 'off the hook?'
    Does Guy ever eat anything that he doesn't think is awesome? Do they have some film somewhere of him going to restaurants that end up sucking - and he eats something and says "People pay for THIS?" How exactly does he decide where he's going to go?

All that aside, I'd love to have that guys job. You travel to various restaurants and eat their best stuff? Right off the grill??? Sign me up!

As for the Mole issue -

I had moles once. I thought I would try flooding them out - there were only 2-3 holes in my yard. I stuck a hose in each, turned them on all the way, and stood around for 30 minutes while I pumped water into the ground. Nothing happened. Another 30 minutes and more of the same.

I don't know where all of the water was going, but it wasn't filling anything - unless the moles had a large indoor pool and the moles had suckered me.

A few days later I got some poisoned grain from a feed store and stuck it in a couple of the holes - and the moles were gone forever.

Comment

After 7 years in this house trying everything else, I may or may not have gone to Wyoming. I may or may not have buried firework artillery shells in gopher tunnels. I definitely have not seen any sign of the vermin since any treatment that may have been applied to the affected tunnels. Just call me Carl Spackler, but it appears the vermin may not have survived as in the movie.
      “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
        After 7 years in this house trying everything else, I may or may not have gone to Wyoming. I may or may not have buried firework artillery shells in gopher tunnels. I definitely have not seen any sign of the vermin since any treatment that may have been applied to the affected tunnels. Just call me Carl Spackler, but it appears the vermin may not have survived as in the movie.
        Well that may not be the real thing, but I do approve of your methods!

Comment

Originally posted by Copelius View Post
          That is something you may or may not want to take a video the next time you do it and post. And if those firecrackers don't do the trick I suggest using 164 lbs of tannerite...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
            That is something you may or may not want to take a video the next time you do it and post. And if those firecrackers don't do the trick I suggest using 164 lbs of tannerite...

I've seen too many videos get people in trouble, Goblin Valley anyone, to ever take a video of anything I do that may not be entirely approved by legislative bodies.
            “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by BYUMizzou View Post
              For the first time ever, I'm having a mole problem this year. Several hundred square feet of the yard on one side of the house is torn up and covered in mole runs and mole hills. It appears an entire colony sprung up over the relatively mild winter.

Any suggestions for getting rid of them? Researching my options, it looks like I can do poison (looks most promising) or traps. The traps don't look like they'd work very well, especially with the size of the infestation I've got.
              Well?
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

ha.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
                  Sounds like you're making a mountain out of this.

I'd poison.
                  Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  Does Guy ever eat anything that he doesn't think is awesome? Do they have some film somewhere of him going to restaurants that end up sucking - and he eats something and says "People pay for THIS?" How exactly does he decide where he's going to go?

All that aside, I'd love to have that guys job. You travel to various restaurants and eat their best stuff? Right off the grill??? Sign me up!

As for the Mole issue -

I had moles once. I thought I would try flooding them out - there were only 2-3 holes in my yard. I stuck a hose in each, turned them on all the way, and stood around for 30 minutes while I pumped water into the ground. Nothing happened. Another 30 minutes and more of the same.

I don't know where all of the water was going, but it wasn't filling anything - unless the moles had a large indoor pool and the moles had suckered me.

A few days later I got some poisoned grain from a feed store and stuck it in a couple of the holes - and the moles were gone forever.
                  Some moles showed up at a rental house I was trying to sell. I considered traps, but there were a few reasons that didn't seem like the best option:

- I'd have to go check the traps repeatedly
                  - The traps would be visible to anyone viewing the house
                  - I'd have to dispose of any captured critters.

So I went with the poison instead. Worked like a charm.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I like a good chicken mole. hint of chocolate and spicy.

Comment

Mole Spikes: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013U3YI5G...3U3YI5G5203590

I bought a bigger one years ago and it finally got rid of the gophers. I recently found the thing buried in my lawn. Can't remember if I pried the thing out of there yet or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X