The Elizabeth Warren v. Scott Brown thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    #WhatAboutObama... He said the manufacturing jobs were not coming back.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde...ver-21-months/

OMG... I just figured it out. Drumpf is a warlock and has a magic wand! I found a picture of Drumpf in his younger years and he has the wand in his hand!

Nice looking chart. Here's a look at it from a more arbitrary date (a decade range).

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES3000000001

Slope's pretty consistent.
    Last edited by beefytee; 10-22-2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      I don’t see any fawning over the Clinton’s except among the black community. That’s an unusual generalization coming from you? You typically aren’t so extreme or rigid.

Clintons and Democrats aren’t in power a whole different troop are damaging our country right now.
      You don't have to be in power to damage the country. See the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        You don't have to be in power to damage the country. See the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings.
        Good lord. The confirmation hearing is nothing compared to the damage being being to our soft power, intelligence services, environment and overall standing in the world. Plus, cuddling up with racists and fascists, and having some of those people in your administration.That’s some more and beam shit.
        Last edited by frank ryan; 10-20-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Good lord. The confirmation hearing is nothing compared to the damage being being to our soft power, intelligence services, environment and overall standing in the world. Plus, cuddling up with racists and fascists, and having some of those people in your administration.That’s some more and beam shit.
          frank, agreed, those are all bad things, but they don't excuse that confirmation fiasco.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
            Nice looking chart. Here's a look at it from a more arbitrary date (a decade range).

Originally posted by beefytee View Post

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES3000000001

I've wanted to comment on this, but haven't had time until now. Manufacturing jobs stayed in a relatively steady range until 2000, when they dropped off precipitously during the recession. Just as they were making a comeback, the Financial Crisis, killed them. Recovery in this sector has been slow, and seemed to plateau when Obama made his remarks. Now, they are coming back, but I don't expect they'll ever return to the level they were, as most businesses automate when they need to cut, and those jobs are eliminated for good. On the bright side, manufacturing jobs account for only about 10% of the jobs that the service sector provides, and services have made a much better recovery. Short answer: Obama and Trump are both right...and they're both wrong.
            sigpic
            "Outlined against a blue, gray
            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
              I've wanted to comment on this, but haven't had time until now. Manufacturing jobs stayed in a relatively steady range until 2000, when they dropped off precipitously during the recession. Just as they were making a comeback, the Financial Crisis, killed them. Recovery in this sector has been slow, and seemed to plateau when Obama made his remarks. Now, they are coming back, but I don't expect they'll ever return to the level they were, as most businesses automate when they need to cut, and those jobs are eliminated for good. On the bright side, manufacturing jobs account for only about 10% of the jobs that the service sector provides, and services have made a much better recovery. Short answer: Obama and Trump are both right...and they're both wrong.
              And with those corporate tax cuts companies are replacing us all at an accelerated pace!

I wished I had studied AI in college... those AI kids are making a killing now.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Shes basically a bot at this point. And what is big pountry?Is that like big oil and big tech? I thought this was a spoof account when I read that but no, it’s her blue check mark account.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

Shes basically a bot at this point. And what is big pountry?Is that like big oil and big tech? I thought this was a spoof account when I read that but no, it’s her blue check mark account.
                  I literally looked at this tweet and expected to see that it was a babylonbee tweet, as it is the same level of intelligence and humor that I usually see from them.

Comment

• The director of the DOJ probably just rolls his eyes when he gets these requests from Warren, which seems to be weekly.

Comment

Working...
                    X