The Elizabeth Warren v. Scott Brown thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Joanna Brooks gushing about Elizabeth Warren -- Feminist MoHos think Warren would make a great president.
    Just on my limited view of her, I will put her in with a nice group of democratic women. Pelosi, Wasserman Shultz, Barbara Boxer and Maxine Waters.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
      Just on my limited view of her, I will put her in with a nice group of democratic women. Pelosi, Wasserman Shultz, Barbara Boxer and Maxine Waters.
      Please add Shelley Berkeley to that list. TIA.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        Joanna Brooks gushing about Elizabeth Warren -- Feminist MoHos think Warren would make a great president.
        She is unhinged tonight. Kind of painful to watch.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          She is unhinged tonight. Kind of painful to watch.
          Utah is more reasonable than Massachuesetts. In Utah moderates can still win!
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

As an attorney, I think it's disgusting that Mass. elected a person who depended on deceit and fraud to land a job at HLS.
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

We could settle this in a matter of days, but no go.

Elizabeth Warren rejects DNA test to settle Native American heritage claim
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                We could settle this in a matter of days, but no go.

Elizabeth Warren rejects DNA test to settle Native American heritage claim
                I think her answer pretty much did settle it.

Actually, she could have Cherokee heritage and no genetic marker. I can't remember if we discussed it here, but some Cherokees are members of the tribe and don't have distinguishable markers. A lot of them do have Middle Eastern markers, which is interesting. There are a number of theories about this, including slave trade intermarriage and Jews settling and intermarrying with the tribes in the 17th century. Here is a quote from one article that seems fairly nuetral:

In 2008 DNA Consultants, Inc. initiated comprehensive DNA testing of the Cherokees living on the Qualla Reservation in western North Carolina. The North Carolina Cherokees were chosen because after 180 years in the west, Oklahoma Cherokees are so thoroughly mixed with other ethnic groups, that any DNA test marker obtained would be meaningless.

The laboratory immediately stumbled into a scientific hornet’s nest when the results were issued on a press release in April 2010. 2 That Cherokee princess in someone’s genealogy was most likely a Middle Eastern or North African princess. Its scientists have labeled the Cherokees not as Native Americans, but as a Middle Eastern-North African population. The implication is that they are indeed, the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel. DNA Consultants, has now tested a much larger population on the North Carolina Reservation and gotten similar results. The Cherokees seem to be the people that Brent Kennedy thought the Melungeons were.

The Cherokees tested had high levels of DNA test markers associated with the Berbers, native Egyptians, Turks, Lebanese, Hebrews and Mesopotamians. Genetically, they are more Jewish than the typical American Jew of European ancestry. So-called “full-blooded” Cherokees had high levels of European DNA and a trace of Asiatic (Native American) DNA. 80 Some “card-carrying” Cherokees had almost no Asiatic DNA. The European DNA contained a much higher level of DNA test markers associated with the Iberian Peninsula that was typical of Caucasian Americans. The level of haplogroup T in the Cherokee (26.9%) approximated the percentage for Egypt (25%), one of the only lands where T attains a major position among the various mitochondrial lineages. The lab claims that their skin color and facial features are primarily Semitic in origin, not Native American.
                The gentleman that I recently bought property from on the Crow reservation is a Crow Indian, descended from one of their chiefs. He is also a Baptist minister, and we have fun discussions when we stay at his place while working cattle on the ranch. He is convinced that his people are part of the lost tribes. He has read the Book of Mormon, so he knows my opinion, and our religious discussions have been very enjoyable.
                sigpic
                "Outlined against a blue, gray
                October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

she is the worst
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    she is the worst
                    She’s definitely become pretty bad. Maybe she’s always been bad. She won’t win a presidential election, not because of the Indian thing, but because she’s the Ted Cruz is the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      She’s definitely become pretty bad. Maybe she’s always been bad. She won’t win a presidential election, not because of the Indian thing, but because she’s the Ted Cruz is the left.

she would get crushed. she is maybe the most shrill, smug person in american politics right now

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        she would get crushed. she is maybe the most shrill, smug person in american politics right now
                        And...people will die!!!

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Pocahontas says never mind about the innocent girl that was murdered by an illegal immigrant... the real problem is the family separation that is happening at our border!

Pocahontas 2020!
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Elizabeth Warren is such a bad candidate. So unlikable, so off-putting, no charisma. She is Hillary 2.0 and I voted for Hillary.

Everything she says in that video is exactly correct and sensible but that’s not what matters in politics these days.

If she’s the best the Dems can do then they have no chance.
                            Last edited by CardiacCoug; 08-23-2018, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Pocahontas says never mind about the innocent girl that was murdered by an illegal immigrant... the real problem is the family separation that is happening at our border!

Pocahontas 2020!
                              Got to be honest - I don't see too much wrong with that clip.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Pocahontas 2020!
                                i think she’s talking about competing objectives in immigration policy

Comment

Working...
                                X