The Elizabeth Warren v. Scott Brown thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    How about Peruvian, Colombian or Mexican DNA? If you have that, you're Cherokee!

I'm around 90% British Isles and not even a whiff of Latin America. But my Jewish and African heritage looms large in my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      I grew up being told by my mother that I was 1/32nd Cherokee--supposedly I have a 3xgreat grandmother was Mary Ottertail, a Cherokee princess, but the idea of using that as the basis for claiming minority status, or even mentioning that in any application, struck me as moronic even as a teenager.

Sadly, recent DNA testing doesn't show any Native American component to my genome, although I have traces of Ashkenazi Jew and West African lineage, neither of which have imbued me with any of the gifts stereotypically associated with either.
      I'm jealous of that varied diversity in your DNA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Because she’s a liberal democrat
        Yeah. The same reason Dems still host and fawn over the Clintons.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Yeah. The same reason Dems still host and fawn over the Clintons.
          Do they? They aren’t universally beloved by all democrats, particularly Hillary. She is a divisive figure among liberals.

Comment

• Chaffetz getting some flack over this tweet.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Chaffetz getting some flack over this tweet.

He should. It's not at all clever.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                Do they? They aren’t universally beloved by all democrats, particularly Hillary. She is a divisive figure among liberals.
                I see the divisiveness, but the Clintons are still given a voice and a lot of fawning on the left. I'll believe the Dems have principles on this when they are not invited to speak at the convention.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Chaffetz getting some flack over this tweet.

Clever would have been..."There is a 1/1042 chance that this is a relative to Senator Elizabeth Warren." That's clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                    I see the divisiveness, but the Clintons are still given a voice and a lot of fawning on the left. I'll believe the Dems have principles on this when they are not invited to speak at the convention.
                    Frank, with enough of these types of commentaries, maybe the left will find its principles.

Why Hillary Clinton’s comments were even more painful than Trump’s

Dokoupil: “There are people who look at the incidents of the ’90s and they say, ‘A president of the United States cannot have a consensual relationship with an intern, the power imbalance is too great.’ ”

Clinton, interjecting mid-sentence: “Who was an adult. But let me ask you this: Where’s the investigation of the current incumbent against whom numerous allegations have been made and which he dismisses, denies and ridicules?”

. . . . . . .

She does not cede a millimeter; like Trump, she is allergic to apology. Like Trump, she is prone to whataboutism. If what Bill Clinton did was wrong, why does it matter if what Trump has done is wronger, if indeed it was? Whataboutism is an argument for losers, whichever side deploys it.
                    UT and the rest of you Trump butt-boys, please take note.

Comment

Frank, with enough of these types of commentaries, maybe the left will find its principles.

Why Hillary Clinton’s comments were even more painful than Trump’s

UT and the rest of you Trump butt-boys, please take note.
                      Oh man. I love that quote so much.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Oh man. I love that quote so much.
                        I thought of you as soon as I read it.

Comment

I thought of you as soon as I read it.
                          Which part reminded you of JL? The reference to whataboutism or just the part about losers?
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                            Which part reminded you of JL? The reference to whataboutism or just the part about losers?
                            Not bad, pelado. Not bad.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• #WhatAboutObama... He said the manufacturing jobs were not coming back.

The Trump Manufacturing Jobs Boom: 10 Times Obama's Over 21 Months

The Great Recession officially ended in June 2009, six months into former President Obama’s first term. The economy continued to shed jobs until the following March. Manufacturing was particularly hard hit, with almost 2.3 million manufacturing jobs—some 1 in 6—lost between January 2008 and March 2010.

As is the case during recoveries, jobs bounced back, with seasonally adjusted nonfarm employment expanding almost 12% from March 2010 until January 2017, when President Obama handed over the presidency to Donald Trump.

But during the same period, manufacturing employment grew only 7.7% with manufacturing payrolls virtually flat in the last 21 months of the Obama administration.

We were told it was the new normal.

At a town hall in June 2016, President Obama famously said that some manufacturing jobs “are just not going to come back.” He went on to mock then-candidate Trump by saying he’d need a “magic wand” to make good on this manufacturing job promises.

Months later, as the shock of a President-elect Donald Trump was still being absorbed, New York Times columnist and economist Paul Krugman tweeted on November 25, 2016, “Nothing policy can do will bring back those lost jobs. The service sector is the future of work; but nobody wants to hear it.”

[...]
                              https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde...ver-21-months/

OMG... I just figured it out. Drumpf is a warlock and has a magic wand! I found a picture of Drumpf in his younger years and he has the wand in his hand!

Last edited by Uncle Ted; 10-19-2018, 10:40 AM.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I don’t see any fawning over the Clinton’s except among the black community. That’s an unusual generalization coming from you? You typically aren’t so extreme or rigid.

Clintons and Democrats aren’t in power a whole different troop are damaging our country right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X