Bigfoot: I want to believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      lol.
      at what?
      If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
        at what?
        He's embarrassed, and at this point it's all about damage control. I'm surprised he didn't respond with "She's a witch... burn her!"

Last edited by clackamascoug; 11-24-2012, 03:35 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
          at what?
          Anyone who believes in Bigfoot.

$100 says that this DNA evidence will be discredited. You interested?
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I'll take the bet, simply because I think it'd be really interesting to see Clackamas somehow your superior in one regard.

I could not care less about bigfoot nor do i have an opinion as to its existence. I just have great utility in seeing you lose, more so than the pain in writing a $100 check to you.

Comment

• Please bless this is for realzies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking View Post
                I'll take the bet, simply because I think it'd be really interesting to see Clackamas somehow your superior in one regard.

I could not care less about bigfoot nor do i have an opinion as to its existence. I just have great utility in seeing you lose, more so than the pain in writing a $100 check to you.
                Great!

Wait a minute. Is this a real bet or one of those "I promise I will stay away from the board for 12 months" bets?

Comment

Great!

Wait a minute. Is this a real bet or one of those "I promise I will stay away from the board for 12 months" bets?
                  Ha. I always pay.

Here's rooting for the crazy dude from Oregon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking View Post
                    Ha. I always pay.

Here's rooting for the crazy dude from Oregon.
                    He was making the deal with SoCalCoug, not me. If the offer extends to me with legitimate terms, I'd consider the deal as well. It wasn't made to me, that's why I didn't wet tee shirt the easy money bet.

(... and I'm pretty sure that I'm at least 20% as good as lebowski in a data field of 100 measurable determinants, so you know... it's not a total runaway.)
                    Last edited by clackamascoug; 11-24-2012, 06:34 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Scientifically speaking, are the odds that Bigfoot exists less than the odds that God and angels exist?
                      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                        Scientifically speaking, are the odds that Bigfoot exists less than the odds that God and angels exist?
                        If only JS Jr., Sidney Rigdon, or Oliver Cowdery had collected DNA evidence.
                        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
                        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• I want to see if the peer review holds up.
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• I will take money from any of you.

Comment

I will take money from any of you.
                              I don't want to bet, but I've got a five dollar bill with some obscene drawings I'd like to get rid of. You interested?
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I am with Lebowski on this one. While I look forward to seeing what the paper says, I think it is almost certain to be without legitimate basis.

My son and I watched this show about moonshiners other day. It included a segment about one of these Arkansas backwoods guys hunting for a feral hog that might threaten his still. He showed the signs he looked for, found tufts of hair, scat and markings all within an hour or two of setting out to look for a particular hog. This guy knows the Arkansan woods like most of us know our tv remotes. If there was any basis for the existence of Bigfoot, one of these sorts of guys would have found a carcass or a pile of crap or some such long ago.

Similarly, we just went on a swamp tour with some guy who grew up in a cypress swamp, here in florida. He told us tales of the swamp ape. Afterwards we asked if he really thought there was anything to it. He laughed and said he knew everything that lived in the swamp, had hunted, tracked and killed everything in the swamp and that while he liked the ape stories, there just "warn't no setch thang." The reason there isn't any better evidence of Bigfoot is because there isn't any such beast as Bigfoot.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X