X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Seriously. SoCal is killing it.
    Thirded. I love this thread.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
      As a sidenote, it's interesting how much SoCal's arguments remind me of the days when I used to read FARMS.
      Oh, no you di'n't!
      If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        So how did Bigfoot get to Australia? That is the most unique and biologically isolated place on the planet. Yet somehow the folks down under are reportedly seeing Bigfoot everywhere. Hmmm....
        Oh, no, you're not going to take me there. Let's worry about the North American bigfoot before we get into the other three species.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
          Oh, no, you're not going to take me there. Let's worry about the North American bigfoot before we get into the other three species.

We haven't found a single specimen, but we have identified multiple species?

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I saw that episode. The Australian version is called a Yowie. Apparently a little shorter and much more aggressive than its North American counterpart. I really thought they were going to find one on that episode.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• I think the Bigfoot show is doing more harm than good. I'm sure the people on the show are good folk in a individual sense, but as a collective they are less than credible. Keystoneish.

I do wish to learn more about Daisy. Her hopes and dreams, and whether she found captivity to be exhilarating, compared to her day to day life. I hope her captors are treating her well.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                I think the Bigfoot show is doing more harm than good. I'm sure the people on the show are good folk in a individual sense, but as a collective they are less than credible. Keystoneish.

I do wish to learn more about Daisy. Her hopes and dreams, and whether she found captivity to be exhilarating, compared to her day to day life. I hope her captors are treating her well.
                My favorite part of the show is when they do the howls in the middle of the night and wait for the response. They always hear something, and the androgynous chick always says it could be owls or coyotes and Bobo always says it's definitely a Squatch. Fair and balanced.

I don't know if Bigfoot is real, but I like the show and I definitely want to get one of those cool thermal, night vision rigs.
                Last edited by Non Sequitur; 01-08-2013, 02:19 PM.
                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Thirded. I love this thread.
                  This thread dominates. For me (an admittedly undevoted student of SoCal's posts), half of the fun is figuring out how much/if any of this thread is trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
                    My favorite part of the show is when they do the howls in the middle of the night and wait for the response. They always hear something, and the androgynous chick always says it could be owls or coyotes and Bobo always says it's definitely a Squatch. Fair and balanced.

I don't know if Bigfoot is real, but I like the show and I definitely want to get one of those cool thermal, night vision rigs.
                    I love the term "squatchy" that I've learned from that show. Everything and everywhere is squatchy to Bobo.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                      I love the term "squatchy" that I've learned from that show. Everything and everywhere is squatchy to Bobo.
                      Honestly, I don't watch the show much at all. But what I've noticed from the bits I've seen, compared to video of Bobo in other scenarios, to me, he comes across far more knowledgeable and credible than he does in the show itself.

Take Moneymaker at his name. He's milking this show for all he can. The on-camera personalities are not reality. They're not going to find bigfoot (even assuming bigfoot is real).

Although Moneymaker is generally respected for what he's done with BFRO, which is the leading site in the bigfoot community, he is not well-liked or well-regarded as a person, by those who have had dealings with him.

Bobo, on the other hand, is almost universally liked and respected within the bigfoot community.

Comment

We haven't found a single specimen, but we have identified multiple species?

Look, you saw the Australian Bigfoot Hunter episode.

You know that the Four Horsemen of the Sasquatcholipse confirmed the squatchiness of Australia's Gold Coast and the presence of Yowies there.

You also know that Bobo initially thought Yowies were very different but after being in Australie realized they look and act just like Bigfoots (aside from being a bit more aggressive)!

If that's not compelling, I don't know what is.
                        Last edited by Portland Ute; 01-08-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

They're not going to find bigfoot.
                          Agreed.

Although Moneymaker is generally respected for what he's done with BFRO, which is the leading site in the bigfoot community, he is not well-liked or well-regarded as a person, by those who have had dealings with him.

Bobo, on the other hand, is almost universally liked and respected within the bigfoot community.
                          Is Moneymaker a lush? He comes across as a hot-headed, arrogant drunk on the show. I swear he's hung over half that time.

Bobo is a loveable idiot. He's a moron, but he is hard to hate because he is so simple, vulnerable and personable.

I wonder if they gave the entire crew, sans the woman, lessons in "jazz hands." I swear Money maker and that Cliff guy talk so much with their hands that you wonder if they aren't Latin women....

Comment

• Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                            Bobo is a loveable idiot. He's a moron, but he is hard to hate because he is so simple, vulnerable and personable.
                            Bobo is a great guy, but you wouldn't want to let him pet your rabbit.

Comment

Bobo is a great guy, but you wouldn't want to let him pet your rabbit.
                              Ok, that was funny.

Comment

I saw that episode. The Australian version is called a Yowie. Apparently a little shorter and much more aggressive than its North American counterpart. I really thought they were going to find one on that episode.

I thought he was called Taz.
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X