Cutting the cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
    youtube tv is going nationwide: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2019/...-game-and.html

They may finally have you covered.
    I am covered!

Thanks for the update!
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      I am covered!

Thanks for the update!
      YW, despite the mean things you have said about me recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Pausing and rewinding big plays and funny commercials!!
        Tablo DVR

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
          Tablo DVR
          I'm confused why people need an OTA DVR if they have youtubeTV. Do some of you not get Fox (or whoever has the superbowl this year) on youtubeTV?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I'm confused why people need an OTA DVR if they have youtubeTV. Do some of you not get Fox (or whoever has the superbowl this year) on youtubeTV?
            BYUTV. I want to be able to record and watch BYU sports.

EDIT: One nice feature of the Plex DVR I am anxious to try is a feature that automatically removes commercials.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Emailed BYUTV to see if they have any plans to get on YoutubeTV. Their response. Boo.

JAN 23, 2019 | 02:33PM MST

Thanks for your email. We unfortunately do not have any active plans to add BYUtv to the YouTubeTV channel line up. In the meantime, you can access our programming on byutv.org and on the BYUtv app available on iOS and Android devices, Roku, Fire TV and Xbox One and Apple TV.

Have a great day!

BYU Broadcasting Service Agent
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Emailed BYUTV to see if they have any plans to get on YoutubeTV. Their response. Boo.
                Reply and tell them that the functionality of their apps is terrible, especially the dvr, and would be much better on youtubetv.

Comment

Tablo DVR
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                    YW, despite the mean things you have said about me recently.
                    Sorry. Dog hating is unforgivable. Otherwise, you are not too bad!
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Emailed BYUTV to see if they have any plans to get on YoutubeTV. Their response. Boo.
                      Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                      Reply and tell them that the functionality of their apps is terrible, especially the dvr, and would be much better on youtubetv.

The DVR functionality on the BYUtv Roku app seems to be pretty good. What problems are you having with their apps?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Why pay for Youtube TV when OTA is free (except for the Tablo DVR which is a heck of a lot cheaper than YouTube TV)?

Comment

YouTube is only offering the top 4 OTA channels in most markets. In the Boise market (and probably most others), that means the local affiliates for ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC. While that probably covers most of what people would want, it excludes any other available OTA channels, including the digital sub-channels of the local affiliates and, in the SLC market, BYUtv (as JL mentioned). For example, the Boise State basketball games used to be carried on 7.2, the subchannel of the local NBC affiliate. There would be at least 3-4 people in the area that would be pretty upset if they couldn't get those games anymore.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• So Hulu just said they were raising my price. Football season is over now, which is the only TV programming I care about enough to pay for, so I just cancelled Hulu.

I'll sign up with Youtube or Hulu or PlaystationTV or Sling or whatever gives me the best deals and options when football season rolls around again.

Comment

Why pay for Youtube TV when OTA is free (except for the Tablo DVR which is a heck of a lot cheaper than YouTube TV)?
                              This discussion began with Tick saying he was cutting the cord and getting YoutubeTV after the superbowl. Then chrisenrut said just get an OTA antenna now and cut the cord now. My question was, why do you need the antenna for the SB? YoutubeTV already has the top local networks, including whichever one has the superbowl. And it has a built-in DVR. I get that there are other OTA channels that a few people might like, but that doesn't fit into the original discussion of cutting the cord after the SB.

But whatever. Enjoy your Tablo DVR.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• for one i can watch youtube tv from any device anywhere.
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X