Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 151 to 170 of 170

Thread: Cutting the cord

  1. #151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    I really like Youtube tv, sorry you live in the middle of nowhere.

    I still wonder if I am paying too much for it, but I love getting all the byu games, so I am in.
    I have Youtube TV as well and love it, especially the unlimited DVR. You just load up your library with everything you could possibly ever want to watch and you'll never want for viewing options.
    "In heaven, all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche

  2. #152
    Where's Wallace? Surfah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    V to the izz-A.
    Posts
    33,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    I have Youtube TV as well and love it, especially the unlimited DVR. You just load up your library with everything you could possibly ever want to watch and you'll never want for viewing options.
    I'm waiting for my FiOS contract to be up and then I think I'm going this route as well. My kids' TV consists of Amazon Prime, Netflix and YouTube. In fact 75% of their TV is YouTube. They only watch the other stuff for movies. My TV viewing is limited to just sports and the occasional binge on Netflix.
    Last edited by Surfah; 11-04-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

  3. #153
    Huge Member BigPiney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    5,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    I have Youtube TV as well and love it, especially the unlimited DVR. You just load up your library with everything you could possibly ever want to watch and you'll never want for viewing options.
    Yep. I have more than I could ever watch. Good times.

  4. #154
    Senior Member SteelBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    FarNorCal
    Posts
    6,435

    Default

    So far the biggest difference between Hulu live and Directv (satellite not their streaming service) is that the picture on Hulu is way better. DVR is clunky, but less than half the price for essentially the same channels (as far as what I actually watch) and this has been a no brainer. Would rather have Youtube tv, but Hulu isn't bad at all.

  5. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
    So far the biggest difference between Hulu live and Directv (satellite not their streaming service) is that the picture on Hulu is way better. DVR is clunky, but less than half the price for essentially the same channels (as far as what I actually watch) and this has been a no brainer. Would rather have Youtube tv, but Hulu isn't bad at all.
    Weird. DirecTV was good when we had it back in the day. Comcast had a really good picture. I find in streaming, it all depends on the resolution of the program their pushing out, but for the most part, really good.

  6. #156
    The dude abides Jeff Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The heart of the UC
    Posts
    47,532

    Default

    Youtube TV is available where I live. I am going to try it out. If it works OK, I will dump my Google Fiber TV plan. They keep jacking up the costs. I am paying over $100 per month and all I watch is local TV plus sports channels.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

  7. #157
    Senior Member BigFatMeanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Jordan, UT
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    I've switched between PSVue, Hulu, and Sling. Haven't tried Youtube TV yet.

    I started out with PS Vue and it was great, but a little pricier than Sling and Hulu. They bumped the price on me so I tried out Sling.

    My problem with Sling is that their Orange is only a single stream and the Blue, which is multiple streams, doesn't have the ESPNs. So if you get Blue + Orange you're at the same price as Hulu but you still only have the 1 stream for the Orange channels.

    So I tried Hulu and although their Roku app is pretty clunky, they don't have the single stream nonsense and it works fine, plus you get access to their TV library so overall I think it's a better deal than Sling and is what I'm using now.

    I don't really care about the local channels on the streaming services because I have an HD Antenna in the attic and a Tablo Tuner/DVR.

  8. #158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Weird. DirecTV was good when we had it back in the day. Comcast had a really good picture. I find in streaming, it all depends on the resolution of the program their pushing out, but for the most part, really good.
    I tried the Hulu Live trial, and it was a decent product, but the thing that killed it for me was that you can only stream to a TV from one location. You can stream to other devices from anywhere, but not directly to a TV. I have a place in Park City and couldn't use it there. I also couldn't use it from hotels. You can get around the restriction by streaming to Chromecast, but that's a hassle.
    "In heaven, all the interesting people are missing." - Friedrich Nietzsche

  9. #159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    I tried the Hulu Live trial, and it was a decent product, but the thing that killed it for me was that you can only stream to a TV from one location. You can stream to other devices from anywhere, but not directly to a TV. I have a place in Park City and couldn't use it there. I also couldn't use it from hotels. You can get around the restriction by streaming to Chromecast, but that's a hassle.
    That's a stupid restriction to put in place.

  10. #160
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    I've switched between PSVue, Hulu, and Sling. Haven't tried Youtube TV yet.

    I started out with PS Vue and it was great, but a little pricier than Sling and Hulu. They bumped the price on me so I tried out Sling.

    My problem with Sling is that their Orange is only a single stream and the Blue, which is multiple streams, doesn't have the ESPNs. So if you get Blue + Orange you're at the same price as Hulu but you still only have the 1 stream for the Orange channels.

    So I tried Hulu and although their Roku app is pretty clunky, they don't have the single stream nonsense and it works fine, plus you get access to their TV library so overall I think it's a better deal than Sling and is what I'm using now.

    I don't really care about the local channels on the streaming services because I have an HD Antenna in the attic and a Tablo Tuner/DVR.
    I'd replace Vue and Sling with YoutubeTV if I were you. It's definitely pricier than Sling, but it's wayyy better than Sling. A true channel/dvr experience.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  11. #161
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    15,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Youtube TV is available where I live. I am going to try it out. If it works OK, I will dump my Google Fiber TV plan. They keep jacking up the costs. I am paying over $100 per month and all I watch is local TV plus sports channels.
    Then YoutubeTV sounds right up your alley.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  12. #162
    𐐐𐐄𐐢𐐆𐐤𐐝 𐐓𐐅 𐐜 𐐢𐐃𐐡𐐔 Uncle Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where ∑ ★ = 1
    Posts
    19,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Youtube TV is available where I live. I am going to try it out. If it works OK, I will dump my Google Fiber TV plan. They keep jacking up the costs. I am paying over $100 per month and all I watch is local TV plus sports channels.
    Yeah the same with AT&T gigafiber... On the bright side I think I have over 200 shopping channels to pick from.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  13. #163
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    9,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    I've switched between PSVue, Hulu, and Sling. Haven't tried Youtube TV yet.

    I started out with PS Vue and it was great, but a little pricier than Sling and Hulu. They bumped the price on me so I tried out Sling.

    My problem with Sling is that their Orange is only a single stream and the Blue, which is multiple streams, doesn't have the ESPNs. So if you get Blue + Orange you're at the same price as Hulu but you still only have the 1 stream for the Orange channels.

    So I tried Hulu and although their Roku app is pretty clunky, they don't have the single stream nonsense and it works fine, plus you get access to their TV library so overall I think it's a better deal than Sling and is what I'm using now.

    I don't really care about the local channels on the streaming services because I have an HD Antenna in the attic and a Tablo Tuner/DVR.
    If I'd already had that in place, then I probably would have stuck with Hulu TV when I tried it a year or so ago. As it is, DirecTV offered a much better price to come back and I succumbed.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  14. #164

    Default

    comcast works when i push the on button on my remote
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  15. #165
    My Mic Sounds Nice falafel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Las Wegas!
    Posts
    28,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    comcast works when i push the on button on my remote
    Remote? You sound so old.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

    "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

  16. #166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Remote? You sound so old.
    what are people calling it these days? clicker?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

  17. #167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    what are people calling it these days? clicker?
    rc device
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

  18. #168
    Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Davis County, UT
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    what are people calling it these days? clicker?
    My 70 year old dad calls it the “autotron”.

  19. #169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    My 70 year old dad calls it the “autotron”.
    I might steal that.

  20. #170

    Default

    if I am watching on the PS4 or xbox it is the controller. If I am watching on the apple tv it is the phone. If I am watching on the fire TV it is the remote. So it could be a lot of different things.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •