No announcement yet.

Cutting the cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try psvue. We’ve been very happy with it.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Try psvue. We’ve been very happy with it.
      Does it make sense trying it without a playstation?
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        Yes, its just like any other streaming service in that regard. Don't need the PS3/4.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
          I don’t own a PlayStation. We just use our Apple TV where we downloaded the psvue app. Works great and I like the dvr functionality.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
            Funny that you say that you don't think you'll need more than 80 GB internet (what is that, btw - your download max? Your monthly limit?) just as you are ditching cable and going all in on streaming services. You will likely wish you had faster speeds within the next 12 months.
            Haha no, I should have abbreviated that as 80 Gb for gigabits per second. So it's the speed of the internet, or how much bandwidth you have to work with. I was subscribed to 150 Gb with the Devil, but so far we can stream multiple devices at 80 Gb with no problems. We also have unlimited 4G through T-Mobile on each of our phones, so we could keep them off the network if we started having problems.

BTW, with T-Mobile's military family plan, we're paying $20/line with six lines. And that includes all taxes and fees. OK, I do pay $3/month for Netflix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Try psvue. We’ve been very happy with it.
              same here
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• I shall give it a go then. :thumbsup:
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• I have YoutubeTV which works great for all your cable needs. That + Netflix + Hulu + Prime + HBO I'm all set. I did Sling during NCAA football last year but it was sloppy and unreliable. I'm a lot better off w Youtube TV- football is seamless and freeze-frame-free. Oh plus you get to watch Cobra Kai.

*edit- I just read where NWC says youtubeTV isn't yet available in his zip code. Sorry! Not trying to rub salt in the wound here...
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    *edit- I just read where NWC says youtubeTV isn't yet available in his zip code. Sorry! Not trying to rub salt in the wound here...
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• I'm a fan of YTtv as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        Haha no, I should have abbreviated that as 80 Gb for gigabits per second. So it's the speed of the internet, or how much bandwidth you have to work with. I was subscribed to 150 Gb with the Devil, but so far we can stream multiple devices at 80 Gb with no problems.
                        You mean 80 Mbps, right? I'm pretty sure you won't need any more than 80 Gbps any time soon. Lots of people don't use 80 Gigabits (10 Gigabytes) in a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                          You mean 80 Mbps, right? I'm pretty sure you won't need any more than 80 Gbps any time soon. Lots of people don't use 80 Gigabits (10 Gigabytes) in a month.
                          80 gigabit and 150 gigabit. That's funny! Nobody in America provides that bandwidth.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            I have YoutubeTV which works great for all your cable needs. That + Netflix + Hulu + Prime + HBO I'm all set. I did Sling during NCAA football last year but it was sloppy and unreliable. I'm a lot better off w Youtube TV- football is seamless and freeze-frame-free. Oh plus you get to watch Cobra Kai.

The other annoying thing about YoutubeTV is it doesn't work with Amazon Fire. Not sure why since it works with everything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                              You mean 80 Mbps, right?

Yes, but when I said Mb per second, I think that's the same thing, isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

Yes, but when I said Mb per second, I think that's the same thing, isn't it?
                                You said Gb per second.

Comment

Working...
                                X